Regular Contributor

Hi, just wondering if anyone here has tried CoQ10 for blood pressure?  I've read about the effects of this supplement for lowering BP.  My doc, like many, doesn't believe in supplements, only meds.   I do take fish oil which has helped, but wonder whether combining it with the CoQ10 would help me to get off (or at least reduce) my meds.  Any input on this?  TIA.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Valued Contributor

Re: CoQ10 for Blood Pressure

[ Edited ]

I am hoping to hear the responses of my QVC Sisters on here. I received word that my BP was on the "high" side so I have to take action now. I was advised to try to all methods and not just prescriptions.  I'd love to hear the comments from people who are taking blood pressure medicine also and what the side effect or effects were.

Also please share Brand names and capusule size,  (I have problems with big pills)

thanks

Awaitng your response Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

A healthy bonus:

If anyone also has Fibromyalgia or is taking a statin, all-natural CoQ10 is excellent for helping boost your energy reserves.

BTW, you can quickly and easily just Google coq10 high blood pressure, instead of waiting for answers here.

Esteemed Contributor

@Fashionista17, this is my personal experience with CoQ-10. I typically have lower BP. I do Hot Yoga faithfully 3 or 4 times a week. For a year, I had no problem feeling dizzy in class, then out of the blue I started feeling dizzy in every class, to the point of feeling faint. Then one day I ran across an article online that mentioned CoQ-10 can lower your BP. I had begun a CoQ-10 regimen at the same time I started feeling dizzy. Coincidence? Don't know for sure, but suspect it was a positive correlation. I quit taking this particular supplement because I felt the value to my body was greater by continuing my Hot Yoga practice than by taking CoQ-10. And I'm not feeling dizzy in class anymore. Woman Happy

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack I don't know if that's the reason or not. My hubby doesn't take any meds and has no health problems. He tried CoQ10 for energy. After a week or two he started feeling really, really bad. My hubby is never sick. I remembered he had started CoQ10 and reminded him. He stopped taking it and is back to normal. Maybe it was low BP? I don't know.  I tried it years ago and it didn't work out for me either. 

Honored Contributor

I take CoQ10 and drink hibiscus tea EVERY DAY.

In combination with healthy weight loss, both of my numbers have dropped 25+  points and remained stable at about 100/60.

I eat low sodium, no added sugar, no grain, very very little milk.

My internist knows what I'm doing to maintain healthy BP.

Regular Contributor

Hi Feline,

I've already gone the Google route before I posted here....but just wanted to hear from people who have had actual experiences with coq10.  From what I've seen so far it looks as if it does lower BP!!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Honored Contributor

My husband has high BP and takes meds. for it, it's nothing to fool around with. We also have been taking CoQ 10 for years because we take a statin. We've never had any dizziness from the supplement.

Honored Contributor

Haven't seen anything on this lowering blood pressure ......  what was the recommended dosage range ?