Super Contributor

I have taken CoQ10 since about 1999. It HAS to be taken either in soft gel form only or if taken as a capsule, it has to be taken with a fat of some kind...like several fish oil pills, or a tablespoon of coconut oil. CoQ10 is fat soluble, and taking a dry capsule form by itself will not allow the substance to be absorbed into and properly utilized by the cells in your body.

As far as Ubiquinol goes, I switched to that several years ago when it was the new thing. I managed a health food store at the time, so I figured I should use the newer products in order to be able to answer any customer questions. Well, I used Uniquinol for a while, paid a lot more money for it than for regular CoQ10, and I did not see difference in my labs nor in how I felt. Generally, you do not notice a different feeling when taking CoQ10 anyway, but I suffer from some some specific mitochondrial issues and have a paternal family history of severe heart disease, so I actually DO notice when I do not take my CoQ10. The Ubiquinol just did not seem to impact my migraines nor make me feel as good as when I took my CoQ10.

Please keep in mind that supplement companies, just like pharmaceutical companies, are very much in business for profit these days. If they can find and market a novel substance, claim that it works better than the older substance, and charge more money for it in the process, then they will. I have yet to come across anything written about Uniquinol that convinces me that it can work better than CoQ10, and until some papers are written or studies funded by someone's other than those connected to the company holding the patent, I am not going to bother reading further. My 600 mg of soft gel CoQ10 seem to work just fine, and costs a heck of a lot less. Mind you, I am taking a good brand, not some GNC or Walmart special.

Honored Contributor

I was buying Qunol, but now buy the Vitacost brand of Kaneka Ubiquinol and take 200 mg. daily - 100 mg. with breakfast and 100 mg. with dinner.