Respected Contributor

Just saw this online, seems like some doctors recommend Ubiqunone. 

Steven Sinatra, MD has found no benefit from ubiquinol in his clinical cardiology research and only recommends ubiquinone.

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

It seems like the consesus here is I was swindled.

Is Ubiquinone that bad ?  Should i just take it until its used up then switch to ubiquinol ?

Swindled?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Reever wrote:

It seems like the consesus here is I was swindled.

Is Ubiquinone that bad ?  Should i just take it until its used up then switch to ubiquinol ?

Swindled?

'I orderred the Ubiquinone but many others here say I should have gotten the Ubiquinol.  

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Just saw this online, seems like some doctors recommend Ubiqunone. 

Steven Sinatra, MD has found no benefit from ubiquinol in his clinical cardiology research and only recommends ubiquinone.

Dr. Steven Sinatra sells his own line of products.  That, to me, means he has a vested interest.  

Were you swindled?  Ubiquinone is not a bad product, it's just that most studies that I have found indicate that Ubiquiol is the more bioavailable form. I started out on plain ol' CoQ10 many years ago, before it was on many people's radar.  And, in fact, the reason had nothing to do with heart disease.  My husband found an article of one journalist's experience with it for periodontal disease.  I credit it with getting me out of the periodontist's chair. Before I started taking it, they were talking about another "procedure" and then my next visit they changed me from every 3 months to every 6 months and it got better from there.  So, no, I don't think you were swindled.  

Honored Contributor

I also have been giving the Co Q 10,to my dogs.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I take Jarrow Formulas Ubiquinol (100mg). I find it on Amazon...120 ct for $37. 

I'm 64yo.

I usually can find Tr Joe brand on ebay 60 ct for about $12 per bottle. I have also found better deals on Jarrow on ebay. 

Honored Contributor

The Difference Between CoQ10 and Ubiquinol. ... Taking 100 mg of ubiquinol (sometimes labeled as CoQH-10 or CoQH2-10) compared to 100 mg of CoQ10, may yield a bit more active compound in your body. In short, you may be able to take a little less ubiquinol than CoQ10 to get the same result

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'm 64yo.

FYI, someone selling 120 Jarrow now on ebay for $28, free shipping and good exp dfate. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

The Difference Between CoQ10 and Ubiquinol. ... Taking 100 mg of ubiquinol (sometimes labeled as CoQH-10 or CoQH2-10) compared to 100 mg of CoQ10, may yield a bit more active compound in your body. In short, you may be able to take a little less ubiquinol than CoQ10 to get the same result

THANKS.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'm 64yo.

I know you really like this brand for a variety of your healthful needs, as much as I like Qunol I am open to trying something else as long as it is Kaneka sourced. I looked at it over on Amazon and indeed it is Kaneka so I put a bottle in my saved items and will try it when I run out of my open bottle hubs and I are using now.

Thanks @SilleeMee