Respected Contributor

Re: Cinnamon Supplements & Blood Sugar

@SilleeMee wrote:

Of all the supplements that I have taken to help manage my blood sugar and lipids, it's berberine which has proven to me to be the most effective. I have lab tests to prove it. 

Berberine manages sugar and lipids very well and there are no significant or serious side effects. There are several NIH publication regarding its use...most very promising. The FDA is considering a formulation using berberine as a glucose/lipid controlling drug. Research has been in the works for quite some time.

@SilleeMee   So grateful. You made a difference in my life.

Stronger research than the cinnamon, as it turns out.

I found one highly recommended by doctors on Amazon, will have it by Friday. 1200 per capsule, which fits research.

Screen Shot 2022-11-22 at 10.34.31 AM.png

Respected Contributor

@Trinity11   Such specific reminders of "healthy" foods that raise blood sugar. I am grateful.

Mostly I'm doing actual vegetables. Fan of wok (no oil) and air fryer. Hoping brown rice is still okay.

Just ordered my first Berberine! Will arrive Friday.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee  May I ask what dosage and brand you use?  I completely understand that everyone is different so I wouldn't use your info as any sort of endorsement for me.Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

@1Professor   I will also look into this supplement.  

My nutritionist (licensed) is my daughter.  She has  detailed knowledge about my bloodwork and needs.

Thanks for the info!!

Honored Contributor

You're welcome @1Professor  and @Trinity11 .

Kind words!HeartWoman Happy

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@Trinity11   Such specific reminders of "healthy" foods that raise blood sugar. I am grateful.

Mostly I'm doing actual vegetables. Fan of wok (no oil) and air fryer. Hoping brown rice is still okay.

Just ordered my first Berberine! Will arrive Friday.

Brown rice affects my blood sugar exponentially @1Professor. For myself, I can eat white potatoes and never see the high values on my glucometer that I see with brown rice. Interestingly enough, I see the same values with white rice. Even though the brown rice is a less refined grain and a lower glycemic food. However, everyone is different and react differently to food.

Another suggestion is to familiarize yourself with the glycemic index. It helps to learn what foods impact blood sugar and can lead to high triglycerides. The lower a food has on the glycemic index the less impact on triglycerides.

Honored Contributor

@pdlinda wrote:

@SilleeMee  May I ask what dosage and brand you use?  I completely understand that everyone is different so I wouldn't use your info as any sort of endorsement for me.Smiley Wink

@pdlinda 

Currently I'm taking this one from Amazon. I take one 500mg cap right before a meal, or sometimes with my meal, twice to three times daily depending on what I've eaten that day. Berberine works almost like metformin in regards to glucose management so you need to take it accordingly.

Simple-Organics Berberine 500mg (1000mg por porção) | Black Friday

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I have been taking Ceylon cinnamon capsules for several years. Figure it could not hurt. I do not eat  alot of sugar, but try to take supplements that will help to control it as I age. If it helps with triglycerides too that is a good thing.

@SeaMaiden   You are well ahead of the aging-well game!

@1Professor @I have been taking supplements for over 30 years....it is kind of "my thing"😄

Esteemed Contributor

Chromium is a very good supplement for sugar balance. 

Honored Contributor

I think @SilleeMee , is just so smart.Just want to say!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.