Contributor
Just wondering if any of you or a family member has chronic lyme disease? One of my adult sons has been suffering with it for 7 years.
Respected Contributor

A woman I met has this diagnosis, she speaks highly of Dr Ken Singleton and his diet. Since she started seeing him her health has greatly improved. She spoke of her treatment in detail but the only part I remember was there was a diet as part of the plan.

Good luck!

Respected Contributor
I knew a young woman with it and she got relief from acupuncture. Good luck to your ur son.
Honored Contributor

My husband has it and it triggered a rare autoimmune illness. He has one of the Lyme confections....Bartonella and after seeing many MDs who didn't really help he decided to go to a Lyme literate doctor. His doctor is about an hour away from us and twice a year he sees Dr. Horowitz who is one of the best in the country for Lyme in Hyde Park, NY.

Has your son been seeing a doctor who is knowledgeable in Lyme? It's very complex and many doctors just don't have the time to get so involved with it.....not to mention the political controversy concerning Chronic Lyme.

If you don't have a doctor that you are happy with look up Lyme net.org There is a section there that offers information on how to find a doctor in your part of the country plus lots of information on how to deal with the illness.

Frequent Contributor
My niece has it. She is 17 and has had it for about 5 years now. Once you have it, you have it forever. Your goal is to be symptom free. I can't even being to tell you how complex and misdiagnosed this disease is. My niece has been treated by two lyme literate dr. One targeted her barentala and other co infections, for about 7 months. Treatment is horrible and often people don't do it. The other dr is doing a vitamin holistic approach which she is benefiting from. You might want to watch "under my skin." A lyme documentary that is very informative. My heart goes out to you and your son. So many people think they have chronic fatigue, fybro, ms, lupus and it's all just chronic lyme! A regular dr won't treat it, or won't treat it correctly or even won't believe it even exist. I shake me head when I see people brush off this disease off and aren't more careful about being outside. Hang in there, and I know there are some really good lyme support boards on Facebook.