Esteemed Contributor

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: "LovestoTeach" and Others

@LTT1

Hi Loves and All sufferers of CFS,

USAToday has an interesting article on "cientist Tackles 'Last Major Disease We don't Know Anything About.'"

http://www.newser.com/story/214006/scientist-tackles-last-major-disease-we-dont-know-anything-about....

Honored Contributor

Re: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: "LovestoTeach" and Others

@sfnative

Thank you for that interesting article! I followed the links to two more, the last being an "obscure retro-virus."

in my medical history, there are some oddities; one of these is a hand-written letter from my pediatrician in Mich when I was maybe two and presented with abnormal lymphocytes ... Ran a TB test at this point (per my mom "from drinking unpasteurized milk")...

Ran a positive mono test in my early 20's (the finding of abnormal lymphs is diagnostic...

I first laugh when I see the words "chronic exertional " but then remember it is real. Someone I knew well had to be hospitalized for CFS due to liver involvement.

Anyway, it would be interesting to know what the studies would show, especially to protect my offspring and theirs, if possible.

My niece was given an RX for something strange like ATP...WHAT? I don't believe that exists but I don't know?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@sfnative

Thank you for that interesting article! I followed the links to two more, the last being an "obscure retro-virus."

in my medical history, there are some oddities; one of these is a hand-written letter from my pediatrician in Mich when I was maybe two and presented with abnormal lymphocytes ... Ran a TB test at this point (per my mom "from drinking unpasteurized milk")...

Ran a positive mono test in my early 20's (the finding of abnormal lymphs is diagnostic...

I first laugh when I see the words "chronic exertional " but then remember it is real. Someone I knew well had to be hospitalized for CFS due to liver involvement.

Anyway, it would be interesting to know what the studies would show, especially to protect my offspring and theirs, if possible.

My niece was given an RX for something strange like ATP...WHAT? I don't believe that exists but I don't know?

@LTT1

Hi Loves,

Haven't much time, as I'm supposed to be in the master bedroom in 2 minutes to hang 2 lamps, so here we go.

The reference to ATP is, I believe, to "adenosine triphosphate."  This is one of the resultant chemicals of cell metabolism and is our primary source of energy.  Thing is, one has to ask how a pill form to ATP makes it through the digestive process to the sub-cellular level to do any good AS ATP?  How is it that the digestive enzymes and resultant processing do not break it down?

Theres the rub.  I need to be convinced that this works.

Honored Contributor

@sfnative I agree with you... if they made "energy (ATP)" in a PILL form, the company that made it would be RICH!

Honored Contributor

@sfnative

Sounds like you are getting things in shape at your new place! : )