Respected Contributor

Re: Chronic Constipation but colonoscopy normal?

Yes, there can be constipation without any obvious disease. My mother suffered with it. Miralax, recommended by her doctor, did not help.

I think you will have to try different things to see what works for you. What works for one person might not help you at all. For example, fiber makes some people more constipated.

There was a long thread suggesting various constipation remedies a while back.  It might still be here. 

Respected Contributor

This is one community thread on constipation help:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Wellness/Constipation/td-p/1180541

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:
The colonoscopy only turned up one polyp, however the cause of my chronic constipation remains a mystery. GI doctor only suggested I eat more fruits (?!?!?). I have to believe he missed something. He claims I do not need another colonoscopy for 5 years. I dont understand it and was considering getting a second colonoscopy but I have a high desuctible plan and had to pay over 2,500 dollars for the first one.

Some people are just chronically constipated.  My gastro dr. advised me to take Metamucil every night along with a stool softener, problem solved.  Been doing it for years. (Getting old brings on many things that weren't a problem before.)

QVC Customer Care

This thread has been blocked from commenting because it is from 2016. No bumping up of threads, please start a new one.