Respected Contributor

@aprildreams wrote:

His wife sure did get over this quickly.  Saw him coming out of the basement and his wife and kids were in the room.  Something not quite right.  He never looked that sick to me....not like other pictures of patients I've seen.  Never short of breath when he was talking, no coughing.  I'm an RN....just looked for symptoms.

@aprildreams As an RN you should know this.  Some people are asymtomatic, others have cold/flu symptoms and a few need to be hospitalized with respiratory issues.

Esteemed Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@aprildreams wrote:

His wife sure did get over this quickly.  Saw him coming out of the basement and his wife and kids were in the room.  Something not quite right.  He never looked that sick to me....not like other pictures of patients I've seen.  Never short of breath when he was talking, no coughing.  I'm an RN....just looked for symptoms.

@aprildreams As an RN you should know this.  Some people are asymtomatic, others have cold/flu symptoms and a few need to be hospitalized with respiratory issues.

Agreed. Not everyone who contracts Covid needs to be put in the hospital, and on a vent.

Some people have milder symptoms.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@aprildreams wrote:

@aprildreams 

I thought the same thing. Saw the clip of him exiting his basement after he said he had been quarantined for 14 days and greetings from his family.

Not long after that, on a different news channel, they said he was out in a park walking/running and got into a not so friendly exchange of words about him "being out in public". Hmmm!!!!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

SMH!  Not only are some of these comments sad but also cruel!!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Contributor

I, too,  was taken aback that he was out in his yard prior to his coming out of his basement. Thanks to the man who had an exchange with him near his property.

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@aprildreams wrote:

@aprildreams 

I thought the same thing. Saw the clip of him exiting his basement after he said he had been quarantined for 14 days and greetings from his family.

Not long after that, on a different news channel, they said he was out in a park walking/running and got into a not so friendly exchange of words about him "being out in public". Hmmm!!!!

hckynut(john)

@hckynut , maybe the news coverage in your area is less on Chris but I saw him when he was coughing and extremely sick when first diagnosed. He was most definitely ill.

Sadly, certain news stations that disagree with his politics spread lies and blatant mistruths about him because it suits their agenda..

Honored Contributor

Thank you for saying that @Trinity11.  He sure looked sick to me.  

But you can't always tell by looking, anyway.  My husband is 72 years old (73 next month, God willing) and has a multitude of health issues.  Very limited in what he can physically do even though he's six feet one and 200 lbs.  When he has good days, before this virus thing, you couldn't keep him in the house!  

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Re: Chris Cuomo

[ Edited ]

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

Thank you for saying that.  He sure looked sick to me.  

But you can't always tell by looking, anyway.  My husband is 72 years old (73 next month, God willing) and has a multitude of health issues.  Very limited in what he can physically do even though he's six feet one and 200 lbs.  When he has good days, before this virus thing, you couldn't keep him in the house!  

@Mmsfoxxie 

You are right about "how one looks". I spent many weeks in the hospital, over many different months and years. Same hospital and mostly on the Critical Care Floor.

I never was in a bed, always in the lounge chair. By the window and during the day always wore my sun glasses, and several times not in hospital gown.

Met a lady in house keeping I had seen many times over those long stays. One day she said to me: "You spend so much time in the hospital, but you never look sick". At that specific visit I was suffering from sometimes very deadly Pulmonary Embolism.

A person doesn't have to look any specific way to be very, very sick. With my weeks in the hospital with a bleeding colon, did I look sick. Nope, but multiple Colonoscopy and blood transfusions? Put on street clothes and sun shades, and some can look "cool".

Just sayin my many experiences. 

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

@Trinity11 Yes saw him from almost the beginning of this and remember thinking how is he ever going to get well.  He looked and sounded horrible, sweating like crazy, high fever.  One time he looked down and I thought he was going to faint.  The other night he said he still feels weak although the fever is gone.  I know he said he wife had much milder symptoms, as in the case of many people.  He certainly looks much better than he did.

Respected Contributor

Try this:

Cuomo himself admits to breaking quarantine. He claims he was accosted on April 12 by a bicyclist who demanded to know why the CNN anchor was out and about even though he knew he has the coronavirus. The way Cuomo tells the tale, it sounds as if he somehow had a leg to stand on and it was this nosy bicyclist who was in the wrong.

“I don’t want some jackass, loser, fat-tire biker being able to pull over and get in my space and talk bull****** to me,” Cuomo said in a SiriusXM interview. “I don’t want to hear it.”

The anchor continued, complaining that the confrontation reminded him that being famous means he does not have the freedom to tell people like that bicyclist to “go to hell.” (Historically speaking, however, telling strangers to “go to hell” has not been a problem for Cuomo.)

“That matters to me more than making millions of dollars a year,” he said, “I want to be able to tell you to go to hell, to shut your mouth. … I don’t get that doing what I do for a living. Me being able to tell you to 'shut your mouth, or I will' — do you the way you guys do each other.”

Remember: Cuomo's SiriusXM tirade came after a cyclist rightly demanded to know why a celebrity virus-carrier was not sheltering in place. Talk about temper tantrums! The cyclist, for his part, tells a different version of events, one where Cuomo was not so restrained and meek as he claims to have been.

“I said to him,” the cyclist recounted for the New York Post, “‘Your brother is the coronavirus czar, and you’re not even following his rules — unnecessary travel.”

The man said that Cuomo responded by saying, “Who the hell are you? I can do what I want! He just ranted, screaming, ‘I’ll find out who you are!’"

The CNN anchor then reportedly told the cyclist, who has filed a police report, "This is not the end of this. You’ll deal with this later. We will meet again.'"