Trusted Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:

@pigletsmom

Except for one thing: Andrew Cuomo hasn't handled this well, so you're wrong on both counts.

His lies about needing certain medical equipment (for which he's always been responsible to maintain adequate stockpiles, BTW 😉) were exposed early on. And his daily exercise in visibility  interminable whining and rambling reflects how poorly this state is doing economically. He might better follow the lead of true leaders who know what they're doing in their respective states.

Most importantly, if he were "good," he'd get his head out of NYC. This is a big--and diverse--state. Anyone in his capacity who fails to realize that and act accordingly, is a poor chief, indeed.

@Moonlady I have no idea what post you're responding to. Back in the very beginning he seemed to be handling it failry well but I certainly never said that in my last post. I live in Albany. I most certainly know who this Governor really is and I know some of the behind the scenes stuff that's happening.

I am sure he's glad that the media has just run with his narrative on the nursing home problems here which is disgusting. 

Trusted Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I have been following the story closely.Chris didn't leave his basement until he was cleared to. There is nothing unusual about the members of the family getting it. It happens all the time.

He didn't break any rules.Covid patients once cleared are encouraged to get outside & breathe the fresh air to help their lungs clear. A friend of mine had it as bad as Chris.When he was cleared to leave quarantine he was told to get outside & exercise his lungs.

He was cleared a week after Easter. On Easter he was out and about. If he was actually cleared before Easter then he lied about it later on his show. 

If you test positive you aren't supposed to social distance anymore, you're supposed to quarantine. Social distancing is for those of us that still have to do the grocery shopping and whatever for ourselves and others when we haven't tested positive and have no symptoms. A positive test means stay home and in the case of super rich people with the room away from everyone. Yes you can go out in your yard but by yourself.

Esteemed Contributor
I hope people understand the serious nature of this virus. Chris choose to share with us his condition. This was a noble thing to do.
I live in NJ. His brother is on the front line for the country. We needed an adult to take charge.
Respected Contributor

Re: Chris Cuomo

[ Edited ]

Apparently he and his wife both had the virus.  USA Today reported that she said she put Clorox - yes the bleach - in their bathwater to help cure it.

I guess it's no wonder the press had a hard time over whether using bleach as a disinfectant was a good idea.

Honored Contributor

@Isobel Archer    I had not seen that report. Wow!

@Isobel Archer wrote:

Apparently he and his wife both had the virus.  USA Today reported that she said she put Clorox - yes the bleach - in their bathwater to help cure it.

I guess it's no wonder the press had a hard time over whether using bleach as a disinfectant was a good idea.

Respected Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

I remember a couple of people on the TLC show "My 600 Lb. Life" using a bleach solution to bathe in to keep their skin folds clean & avoid skin sores/breakdown.  It doesn't sound to me like a good thing to be cleaning your body with, but what do I know?  I hate the smell of bleach!

Esteemed Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

@Moonlady wrote:

@pigletsmom

Except for one thing: Andrew Cuomo hasn't handled this well, so you're wrong on both counts.

His lies about needing certain medical equipment (for which he's always been responsible to maintain adequate stockpiles, BTW 😉) were exposed early on. And his daily exercise in visibility  interminable whining and rambling reflects how poorly this state is doing economically. He might better follow the lead of true leaders who know what they're doing in their respective states.

Most importantly, if he were "good," he'd get his head out of NYC. This is a big--and diverse--state. Anyone in his capacity who fails to realize that and act accordingly, is a poor chief, indeed.

@Moonlady I have no idea what post you're responding to. Back in the very beginning he seemed to be handling it failry well but I certainly never said that in my last post. I live in Albany. I most certainly know who this Governor really is and I know some of the behind the scenes stuff that's happening.

I am sure he's glad that the media has just run with his narrative on the nursing home problems here which is disgusting. 

What Cuomo did to the elderly with Covid19, sending them back to nursing homes that weren’t prepared to handle or isolate people was unconscionable.

Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@ahoymate wrote:

He's on live every night on CNN. Frankly, I get enough of him there. 

OK,DO NOT WATCH THEN.

Really, you just had to go down the "snarky" rabbit hole!?!?  Aren't we dealing with enough?  Adding your attitude is just not necessary.....or welcomed.  

Contributor

@Naturesbeauty wrote:

4167E8B3-234A-4F23-8BFB-2FC7092A41C8.jpeg

I think that is exactly what we need to be.  Kind.    Where did it go?  i seriously wonder if it possible to regain it.  Have we gone past the place of no return?   Peoples comments and visceral attitudes are astounding. If we're not like minded....we're enemies.  There is no benefit  for our future in that way of thinking......or acting.  Sad.  

Esteemed Contributor

Not a fan.  I don't even watch the channel he is on.  I sometimes browse and catch what is being said but mostly I have better options to watch.