Honored Contributor

Re: Cholesterol levels going up.

@Trudey wrote:

I did decide to try the CoQ10 with Red Rice Yeast from Puritans Pride.  I took it for 2+ weeks and had to stop.  The first thing I noticed was that I became irritable (unusual for me because I'm very easy-going).  Next, I began having severe hot flashes and night sweats and could not sleep.  I thought that these were just menopausal symptoms that I had been lucky enough to avoid until then.  These symptoms kept getting worse and since I have been in menopause for several years, I realized the only thing that I had changed was the addition of the RRY supplement.  I immediately stopped taking it and all of those symptoms went away.  I ordered Lessman's Choco Nuovo and have been eating 2 pieces daily...no reactions so far.  Whether or not it improves my cholesterol levels remains to be seen.  

RYR is a form of a statin. I take Puritans Pride Cholest Wise, a more natural way to cut down on cholesterol, I also take Puritans Phytosterol Complex, I take the CholestWise before lunch and the other before dinner, gives me 3000 mg plant sterols daily, more than enough to do the job.