Super Contributor

Choco Nuvo Users - Need Advice

Just received my first order of Choco Nuvo from the TS on HSN a few weeks ago.

How do you store it?   Do you put it in the refrigerator or just leave it in the cannister?

I was unsure the best way to store it and it doesn't say anything on the item.

I got some in the 66% and the 74%.

Thank you!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Choco Nuvo Users - Need Advice

[ Edited ]

you can just store it in a cool place and it will be fine. I actually put some in the fridge....but only because I actually prefer chocolate cold. I know you're not supposed to do that as it affects the taste somehow...but I've never noticed any difference. And it doesn't turn white or anything. This time of year you can really store it anywhere. In the hot weather  it's a bit trickier. 

Respected Contributor

I left mine out and over the summer noticed they were very very soft so they are now in the refrigerator. 

Trusted Contributor

I keep mine it the fridge but it only takes a few minutes for them to come to room temperature.  I don't notice any difference in taste.  I enjoy this product a lot.  

Honored Contributor

@Ladygray Yours came in a cannister? Lucky you! I love the canisters, but he stopped doing that and switched to the bags, at least for the largest size, of which I purchased four bags. Perhaps the smaller containers are still the canisters.

I normally keep the CN up in a cupboard, because I enjoy the chocolate at room temperature. But when the weather is warmer and I don't want to use my air conditioner yet, I put the CN in the refrigerator. I let them set out on the counter and return to room temperature before I eat them.

I do not think it diminishes their taste if they are kept in the refrigerator, and I understand that it does not affect the plant sterols if they are kept in the refrigerator.

Honored Contributor

I keep the container in the fridge and I keep a small dish of them on the counter.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

I keep mine in the pantry but also have some in a small container with a lid inside my side table where I sit.