Honored Contributor

Re: Chinese manufacture of our pharmaceuticals is a national security issue

@Mindy D -

I appreciate knowing this information.

Also the information you posted about the flour recall.

I do listen to the news and read and don't always hear about these.

I don't like reading terribly sad stories especially local ones that someone read or heard. I have a hard enough time hearing the local ones where I live.

But information we can all use is helpful and then we can do with it what we wish.

It is disturbing but like many things,

I can't do much about it now other then not taking anything.

Since this is the wellness section, It is appropriate.

That is the great thing about all these forums-so many interesting subjects from all across the US and even Canada, Europe from what I can see.

Like I always say, "don't eat or drink anything!" (kidding of course).

So, I for one am thankful to see pertinent, and breaking news here first!

Watching and or reading the news whether local or national for any extent can be very depressing. It is hard to watch and rare when a good news story is shared but so welcomed!

And here as others have said, we can chose to read it or not.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

You're worried about a medicine when so much of our food comes from China?  We even send food to China for them to process, and much of our food that isn't labeled as coming from China still has ingredients that come from China, so it's really impossible to avoid food that comes from China unless our entire diet is locally sourced.  If China really wants to hurt us it would be through our food source in my opinion.  And maybe those incidents with dog food are not about carelessness, but trial runs.  

If we are going to concern ourselves with bringing one type of medicine manufactured in China back to the US due to National Security should we not also bring our food back?

@Icegoddess I think you and myself are the only ones in America that see the common sense in manufacturing all of our food in America. At least it seems that way right now. Most people want to bury their head in the sand about serious, unpleasant, topics.

Honored Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Ketra I read and watch the news daily but I don't run to the forums and post numerous threads about what I think is going on in the world!

And I also wouldn't sneak politics in on the Wellness forum either!!!!!!!!!!

@JaneMarple I didn’t start the thread topic of Chinese pharmaceuticals, but my responses were about the topic and not political. I supplied a link to an NBC website about “facts” reported by a an FDA inspector, not about what I think. You are the only one stating what they think, and it’s off the topic of this thread. I suggest we both get back on topic. 

How is this for "on topic"? the entire pharmaceutical industry is a mess in one way or another!!!!!! 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Trusted Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Ketra wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Ketra I read and watch the news daily but I don't run to the forums and post numerous threads about what I think is going on in the world!

And I also wouldn't sneak politics in on the Wellness forum either!!!!!!!!!!

@JaneMarple I didn’t start the thread topic of Chinese pharmaceuticals, but my responses were about the topic and not political. I supplied a link to an NBC website about “facts” reported by a an FDA inspector, not about what I think. You are the only one stating what they think, and it’s off the topic of this thread. I suggest we both get back on topic. 

How is this for "on topic"? the entire pharmaceutical industry is a mess in one way or another!!!!!! 

@JaneMarple  I agree with you 100%!

Honored Contributor

Ask your pharmacist where your rx's are made.

Irish Blessing
May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
The foresight to know where you're going, And the insight to know when you've gone too far.
Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1  My blood pressure says India on the container.

Honored Contributor

The other thing is that you are not obligated to buy these rx's if you do not like the country of origin. I do not know what you should do if you don't care for the country of origin.

I had a relative that would not accept generics.

Irish Blessing
May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
The foresight to know where you're going, And the insight to know when you've gone too far.
Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1  My blood pressure says India on the container.

Hello proudlyfromNJ, I’m the OP. What I learned is that the BP medications made in India are getting their ingredients from China. I just don’t want to see any country hold a monopoly over medications the rest of the world depends on. It’s not wise to put all our eggs in one basket. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

The other thing is that you are not obligated to buy these rx's if you do not like the country of origin. I do not know what you should do if you don't care for the country of origin.

I had a relative that would not accept generics.

Unfortunately you do not have an option because no, zero, nada, antibiotics are made in the US and the medications made in India and other countries are getting their ingredients from China. Please take a moment to read the original post and links. I thought I had options too. I’m surprised I no longer have options. That is what the thread is about. Informing people that we lost most of our options. 

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

This is "Wellness" isn't it? Why politics and foreign distaste in this forum? Numerous doom and gloom threads lately.

I am the OP. I sincerely have no distaste of foreign countries or foreign people and this thread is about the security risk we all face if all our antibiotics are made elsewhere. The world has always had tensions. We have to think proactively and not leave our heads in the sand. This thread should have no politics in it, and political discussion would be off topic. A couple people might have steered toward a touch of politics but that is definitely not what this thread is about. It’s about safety, health and well being. As for doom and gloom; participation in threads that are serious, or not about light hearted fare, is up to the reader. Everyone can choose what their interest are here.