Super Contributor

Re: Chinese manufacture of our pharmaceuticals is a national security issue

I agree, and they have tried many many times to undermine our standards with their sub par fillers. They do not care one bit if we live or die and that is the ugly truth and as an American you need to wrap your head around it. There is NO big person watching out for you. If you read and educate yourself you will not need 80% of these so called medicines. The Chinese use Herbs on themselves not poison fillers, do not be a sucker.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

This is "Wellness" isn't it? Why politics and foreign distaste in this forum? Numerous doom and gloom threads lately.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

@nunu4u :  China is not "pouring "anything poisonous our way.  I am a news junkie and subscribe to Washington Post and NYT and also read many others online daily.  There is FDA oversight (obviously, this, like any process, could be improved.  Also somewhere in this thread (so much misinformation, it's mind boggeling....) one poster is incensed with low pay of FDA inspectors (many are GS11s ($82,000 plus great bennies and a TSP; not bad!).  If course, there is one poster, who keeps throwing gasoline on this thread because she is convinced that we are going to die (from lack of medications) if "war breaks out".  

Honored Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

It's very worrisome but there isn't a darn thing we can do about it if we must take prescription medication.  You can make yourself ill worrying about this sort of thing.  Heaven knows, you've given us more than enough to worry about @Mindy D .

Kachina, the issue is;  what if you don’t have anymore of your prescription medication to take because it is no longer available?

@Mindy D. The problem with all these gloom and doom posts is that many people read them, including less educated, naive, elderly people.  It's scary for us but could be terrifying for them, so much so that they might quit taking their much-needed medication..   When you post something like that, you assume the responsibility for the condequences, although you may never know about the outcome.

I'd like to say what I think, but can't as it would be political so I'll just rest my case. 

@Kachina624  If posting the truth here is somehow intimidating because current facts and reality are too scary for people to know, then certain people should not read this forum. Many of us like to stay informed and don’t want to put our head in the sand. We like informational as well as uplifting forums. Others can read the uplifting and entertaining forums if they find current day issues too disturbing. People read what their interested in, and no one is forcing them to do anything. We call that freedom to choose. Thank God it still exists.

@Ketra.   This is a shopping bulletin board, not one having to do with health and fitness.  I question whether some of these topics are appropriate here.  One does not expect to run upon such articles in a forum such as this.  They can. get pretty intense and may be misunderstood by some.  The mods don't permit other horror stories which may upset the delicate sensibilities of some so why this?  I know I don't come here for that type of information.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

This is "Wellness" isn't it? Why politics and foreign distaste in this forum? Numerous doom and gloom threads lately.

@JaneMarple.  Agree, way too many.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Ketra wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

It's very worrisome but there isn't a darn thing we can do about it if we must take prescription medication.  You can make yourself ill worrying about this sort of thing.  Heaven knows, you've given us more than enough to worry about @Mindy D .

Kachina, the issue is;  what if you don’t have anymore of your prescription medication to take because it is no longer available?

@Mindy D. The problem with all these gloom and doom posts is that many people read them, including less educated, naive, elderly people.  It's scary for us but could be terrifying for them, so much so that they might quit taking their much-needed medication..   When you post something like that, you assume the responsibility for the condequences, although you may never know about the outcome.

I'd like to say what I think, but can't as it would be political so I'll just rest my case. 

@Kachina624  If posting the truth here is somehow intimidating because current facts and reality are too scary for people to know, then certain people should not read this forum. Many of us like to stay informed and don’t want to put our head in the sand. We like informational as well as uplifting forums. Others can read the uplifting and entertaining forums if they find current day issues too disturbing. People read what their interested in, and no one is forcing them to do anything. We call that freedom to choose. Thank God it still exists.

@Ketra.   This is a shopping bulletin board, not one having to do with health and fitness.  I question whether some of these topics are appropriate here.  One does not expect to run upon such articles in a forum such as this.  They can. get pretty intense and may be misunderstood by some.  The mods don't permit other horror stories which may upset the delicate sensibilities of some so why this?  I know I don't come here for that type of information.

@Kachina624  As you stated, “This is a shopping bulletin board, not one having to do with health and fitness.” There are shopping threads yes, but also health threads too. However, this is a Wellness forum, and we are discussing relevant facts and current issues regarding wellness. You also mentioned our dicussions “may upset the delicate sensibilities of some”. I suggest that those with delicate sensibilities read the subject line of a thread, and if it might upset you/them don’t click on the thread. No one is forcing you all to read every discussion. You further stated, “The mods don't permit other horror stories which may upset the delicate sensibilities of some”. The mods decide what is allowed in this forum, not you. You tend to bring up the mods a lot when you don’t like certain individuals posts. Let them do their job, and you don’t read what “upsets your sensibilities. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JaneMarple wrote:

@JaneMarple  I guess you don’t read the papers or watch the nightly news, but it’s a fact that recently many drugs have had to be recalled that were manufactured in China, due to carcinogenic additives accidentally being added to certain prescription medicines. Also, many pet food brands that are made in China had to be recalled because they contained poisonous ingredients that killed many American pets. An FDA inspector reports on NBC about which drugs from China were contaminated and recalled. See link below.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/tainted-drugs-ex-fda-inspector-warns-dangers-u-s-meds-n10...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ketra I read and watch the news daily but I don't run to the forums and post numerous threads about what I think is going on in the world!

And I also wouldn't sneak politics in on the Wellness forum either!!!!!!!!!!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

You're worried about a medicine when so much of our food comes from China?  We even send food to China for them to process, and much of our food that isn't labeled as coming from China still has ingredients that come from China, so it's really impossible to avoid food that comes from China unless our entire diet is locally sourced.  If China really wants to hurt us it would be through our food source in my opinion.  And maybe those incidents with dog food are not about carelessness, but trial runs.  

If we are going to concern ourselves with bringing one type of medicine manufactured in China back to the US due to National Security should we not also bring our food back?

Trusted Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Ketra I read and watch the news daily but I don't run to the forums and post numerous threads about what I think is going on in the world!

And I also wouldn't sneak politics in on the Wellness forum either!!!!!!!!!!

@JaneMarple I didn’t start the thread topic of Chinese pharmaceuticals, but my responses were about the topic and not political. I supplied a link to an NBC website about “facts” reported by a an FDA inspector, not about what I think. You are the only one stating what they think, and it’s off the topic of this thread. I suggest we both get back on topic.