Honored Contributor

Re: Changing to a different doctor within the same practice

Changing depends on the office manager and your complaint.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

All my Dr's are connected to the local hospital branches..for the most part the Drs. there leave like flies! 

I had one dr. who wanted to do a procedure that I refused multiple times.The procedure would have changed my life forever and not in a good way.

I called the hospital director..after I spoke to him..The director put in my file that that Dr. should never be allowed to treat me for any reason.

The director gave me the name of someone else to see..that person is wonderful...

DH said "sure they are good to you..they know you will call the director"!

My body..my choice and my money!

Honored Contributor

@Jo1313 wrote:
All my Dr's are connected to the local hospital branches..for the most part the Drs. there leave like flies! 
I had one dr. who wanted to do a procedure that I refused multiple times.The procedure would have changed my life forever and not in a good way.
I called the hospital director..after I spoke to him..The director put in my file that that Dr. should never be allowed to treat me for any reason.
The director gave me the name of someone else to see..that person is wonderful...
DH said "sure they are good to you..they know you will call the director"!
My body..my choice and my money!

Good for you!!!!   It's our bodies and we do have the right to CHOOSE our doctors.  That people take it when some clerk person says "no" when they want to change doctors is ridiculous.  

Honored Contributor

I did -- a few years ago--the cardiologist I "fired" was kind of a jerk--very laxadasical in going to bat for me as I was trying to convince my insurance company to pay for a needed statin and he just said--  Oh well--- I called the office from home and told them i wanted to see another dr to which the office person tried her best to convince me that this dr was really one of the best but I persisted and got to the dr I wanted. so stick to your guns---if you want a different dr then you should get a different dr. And.... I was not mean or nasty and did not insult the "old" dr at all --I  was firm and would not take no for an answer.

Valued Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Changing depends on the office manager and your complaint.

I agree with you.  That's why I couldn't understand their refusal When it was a simple scheduling conflict.   If I recall correctly they said it was a policy issue.  

Super Contributor

my practice won't let me change doctors as I'm having the same problem with my neurologist and his demeanor. i've been trying for the longest time to change to a different neurologist in the same practice who i know is really knowledgeable and nice , but at the time couldn't take any patients, but apparently this is a no-no and they refuse to budge.

Esteemed Contributor

@gellen wrote:
I would like to change my doctor whose bedside manner leaves something to be desired. Do most medical offices agree to do this upon request. I do realize that as the patient you have an important day in the matter but I am
Hoping there won’t be any unpleasantness

You have a right to do this, but it may be uncomfortable.  Doctors do talk to one another about their patients @gellen .  Try it, see if it works out.  If not then find a new practice all together.  Wish there was a way we could "interview" potential doctors.  They should act like our partners (in care).  That is the best approach I've learned. 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life