@deepwaterdotter 

"oo-ee oo-ee baby, oo-ee oo-ee baby"

Courtesy of Frankie Ford- 1959.

Loved, and still do, that song.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Celebrity Millennium Cruise Covid +

The cruises that are just now beginning again in the USA cause me no concern.  I love to cruise and wouldn't hesitate to cruise again if I didn't have more pressing commitments this Summer.  I am fully vaccinated but wouldn't take a cruise that began or had a stop in Florida.  If that stance doesn't change, I hope all cruise lines pull their ships from Florida ports.

Respected Contributor

We have been on five cruises and even before the virus we decided cruising was not something we wanted to do again. 

I have to laugh when someone mentioned the "me, me attitude".  I always saw that at the buffets!  I wanted to ask some of the people how they could be so hungry when they ate only four hours before????

Those plates could not be piled any higher. 

We always went with a group of friends and we would find a table and wait until the lines calmed down.  Believe it or not, there was still lots of food!  No need to trample people to be first.

Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

I have a life and plan on keep living it my way, and what "might be's" are not any part of it. Will some of all these come to fruition? Beats me, but 1 thing I know for sure, I classify them as "beyond my control". Those events do not and will not effect how I live the rest of my life.

hckynut

Me too! I love Cruising and have one planned in January 2022 and another in January 2023 and hopefully they are not cancelled. 

Trusted Contributor

Enjoyed cruising 35 years ago but would never set foot on a cruise ship these days, even for free. They had become floating Petri dishes long before covid. Also avoid being crammed into those flying aluminum tubes unless absolutely necessary.  Travel is a long long way from what it used to be. 

Honored Contributor

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me at all if these turned out to be false positives.  Of course we probably will never know that.

When cruising began overseas earlier this year, a couple of people tested positive and people were losing their minds over it.  All health protocols were followed and the cruise ship went back to port.  It was determined that once again, the PCR tests that were administered gave a false positive and the passengers who tested positive were in fact negative.  Entire cruise ended over bogus test results.  That never really came out on the news because they'd rather talk about the positive tests on a cruise ship. 

There is also an MSC cruise ship that left out of Italy right around the same time the Celebrity ship, that had 2 passengers test positive for Covid.  They are both asymptomatic.

Anyhow, once again these passengers are being administered the PCR tests which are highly unreliable.  So again, it wouldn't surprise me if they are false positives since everyone is asymptomatic.         

Honored Contributor

@decaf wrote:

At least those two cruisers were vaccinated as they all should be for the health and welfare of the rest of the passengers.  When cruising resumes in Florida no proof of vaccine will be required even though surveys show most cruise lines and passengers want vaccines to be mandatory.  It  certainly appears some people have a desire to just prolong this agony.

@decaf , Celebrity is requiring that everyone be vaccinated right now on its cruises.  But as far as other cruise lines, nothing has been determined yet.  The lawsuit between Florida and the CDC is still on-going.  The cruiselines keep going back and forth about requiring vaccinations.  As of right now Carnival has alluded to vaccinations being mandatory because otherwise the health protocols that have to be followed don't provide for a good guest experience.  RCL keeps going back and forth. 

I belong to a number of FB groups for cruising including a few for RCL.  Vaccination requirements are a very, very contentious topic and people are very split. 

DH and I are booked for a cruise next May on RCL.  I am vaccinated and he is not.  If he is required to wear a mask and is limited in what he can do since he is not vaccinated, we will end up cancelling the cruise.  

Esteemed Contributor

@KarenQVC wrote:

Two passengers had to leave the cruise after testing +.  This is after being fully vacinated and presenting neg. tests before boarding.

This Delta variant could be tricky.  Then after you recover from Delta some get the flesh eating fungus.

These cruises may have more trouble than predicted.

@KarenQVC   I always wanted to go on a cruise, until I watched Titanic.  NOPE not now   LOL

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@decaf wrote:

At least those two cruisers were vaccinated as they all should be for the health and welfare of the rest of the passengers.  When cruising resumes in Florida no proof of vaccine will be required even though surveys show most cruise lines and passengers want vaccines to be mandatory.  It  certainly appears some people have a desire to just prolong this agony.

@decaf , Celebrity is requiring that everyone be vaccinated right now on its cruises.  But as far as other cruise lines, nothing has been determined yet.  The lawsuit between Florida and the CDC is still on-going.  The cruiselines keep going back and forth about requiring vaccinations.  As of right now Carnival has alluded to vaccinations being mandatory because otherwise the health protocols that have to be followed don't provide for a good guest experience.  RCL keeps going back and forth. 

I belong to a number of FB groups for cruising including a few for RCL.  Vaccination requirements are a very, very contentious topic and people are very split. 

DH and I are booked for a cruise next May on RCL.  I am vaccinated and he is not.  If he is required to wear a mask and is limited in what he can do since he is not vaccinated, we will end up cancelling the cruise.  

@Lipstickdiva  Hopefully we'll be in a much better place with Covid by the time you  cruise next year.. Unless something changes, Florida will not have a vaccine requirement to be able to board a ship out of Florida. It is very contentious topic, I'm sure they'll be many lawsuits.  We'll have to see what happens. If I was planning to cruise, I'd be following the ever changing developments also.