Honored Contributor

I think the OP might not be able to read what she posts, very well, and she made a mistake in her posting.

Esteemed Contributor

I was told about laser from a tech. I am only getting one eye for my other one i can't see straight for it is crossed and never was able to be fixed years ago. i was told.About the time she is going away. I could of gotten someone else but? I have to rely on my son to take me to all appts. 

Esteemed Contributor

Halfpint:  Can't you ask your son to take you to another doctor. From what I understand, you have one eye that is crossed and you can only see with the other eye, which needs to have the cataract removed.

What is his reason for having you "wait" until May, when you can hardly see?  Does he live with you?  Can you get a friend or neighbor to take you?  You can also take a cab - but I think your son at least, ought to be doing this for you.

Esteemed Contributor

I put it off pp of having taxes coming up. my dh died last 2-14.

Honored Contributor

Re: Cataract surgery

[ Edited ]

I still don't understand why you can't go to a doctor that does the laser surgery.  That's really what you should be having done.  I didn't realize that everyone didn't do cataract surgery that way now.

Edited to put this in bold so that you can read it better.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor
Right eye done a year ago. Easy! Best thing ever happened to me! 20/15 in that eye. No correction. I've worn glasses and contacts all my life. Can't wait to get left eye done. Good luck!
While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Honored Contributor

Re: Cataract surgery

[ Edited ]

Cataract surgery has changed my life. It was worth it for me to pay extra for the toric lenses. I am so grateful to be able to open my eyes 👀 in the morning and be able to see. 

The only drawbacks were seeing all the dirt I missed cleaning and the cellulite on my backside. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have decided i am going to try to get another doctor. I can't wait that long. The stress is too much. I can't enjoy reading or look at tv for the strain. Even take a short walk for I have to cross busy streets to go to the store etc. I really don't know this doctor that well but she is going on vacation and it's just too long to wait. Wish me luck. Monday I will call around and to my insurance. Thanks again for listening and making me think.

Esteemed Contributor

Halfpint:  Good for you.  It's the right decision.  I hope you find a good doctor with a lot of experience.  You will be surprised at how easy it is and you'll want to kill yourself for waiting so long.....

Good luck and try to get an appointment ASAP and let us know how everything worked out....

Honored Contributor

@halfpint1- I know you and I have spoken about this before, but please check again about the eye muscle surgery.

I was told my whole life that my crossed eye couldn't be corrected, only to find at age 68 that the correction could be done.

I had cataracts in both eyes removed before I had the muscle surgery, and now my vision is great- no glasses except for reading.