Valued Contributor

Cataract surgery on Sept 17 - just got a stye on eye to have surger

Plan on  calling my dr tomorrow on  this but if you have ever had a stye on your eye on the  same eyer to get surgery in a few days, what do you think chances are the surgery  will happe (supposed to be asterile field).

Honored Contributor

Re: Cataract surgery on Sept 17 - just got a stye on eye to have surger

@RINGERI don't know the answer, but as someone who has cataract surgery scheduled for early October,  I hope you'll have time to come back and tell us what your doctor says.  I haven't had a stye for years, but my dry eye has been acting up this past week and I've been trying to remind myself not to rub my eyes which I've been told is a post-op recommendation. 

I do hope there's healing time so you don't have to postpone -  have to assume you're like me and I just want to get this over and done!

Honored Contributor

NO surgery should take place when you already have a bacterial infection on your eye.  

Honored Contributor

@RedTopThat makes total sense to me.

Any idea how long it usually takes for the infection to clear completely?

Valued Contributor

I am suppsed to get my 2nd eye done October 17....Thanks for your response--I will let  you know what the doctor says tomirrow!!!  I  so want it over but more importanty, don't want a bad out out come if the stye stil is there!!  I am so tired of drops, and all the eye tests but just want good results.

You never know when the last time is the  last time

Trusted Contributor

@RINGER wrote:

Plan on  calling my dr tomorrow on  this but if you have ever had a stye on your eye on the  same eyer to get surgery in a few days, what do you think chances are the surgery  will happe (supposed to be asterile field).

You could go and ask your local pharmacist, today for suggestions, they are very helpful

Honored Contributor

Why someone would ask others opinions about something as serious as their eyesight is beyond me. Just listen to your doctor when you call.

"Pure Michigan"
Valued Contributor

Went and saw the surgeon and it is called a chazaleon (don't want to leave  this screen to get correct spelling of this) but she squeezed it and it helped a lot.  Basically it  is an oil gland that appeared and the surgery went ahead. It went very well except for the electrnicv  b/p cuff that hurt e a lot!  I  asked them please to stop and i just had to tough it out but will speak with whoever does that and ask them  to show me compassion let it go down further on my arm.  This has nothing to do wth my surgeon as there are differnt people in  there and she apologized profusely for my problem but it is separate from her.  My regular GP moves it down me because this and will tell her in O(ctober to please work with me.  My skin is  amost transdparent and arm thin as can be.

Thanks  for asking!  Surgery was a breeze!

YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN THE LAST TIME IS THE LAST TME.

Respected Contributor

@RINGER wrote:

Went and saw the surgeon and it is called a chazaleon (don't want to leave  this screen to get correct spelling of this) but she squeezed it and it helped a lot.  Basically it  is an oil gland that appeared and the surgery went ahead. It went very well except for the electrnicv  b/p cuff that hurt e a lot!  I  asked them please to stop and i just had to tough it out but will speak with whoever does that and ask them  to show me compassion let it go down further on my arm.  This has nothing to do wth my surgeon as there are differnt people in  there and she apologized profusely for my problem but it is separate from her.  My regular GP moves it down me because this and will tell her in O(ctober to please work with me.  My skin is  amost transdparent and arm thin as can be.

Thanks  for asking!  Surgery was a breeze!

YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN THE LAST TIME IS THE LAST TME.

@RINGER

So glad to read they did do your cataract surgery.  I had both my eyes done in May and I'm still amazed at how well I see without any readers.  Things are so much brighter too.

Recently I was in the hospital and the automatic BP cuff was so painful I wanted to scream.