Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cataract Surgery..Light sensitive Lens

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

@FireInTheSky I had cataract surgery on both eyes this summer.  I had four choices for lenses and chose the one my Opthamologist recommended.  I am very happy with the outcome.

I had the first surgery at the hospital and the second one at his clinic.  At his clinic they  do not give an anesthetic but an ambien if you choose to take it.  I did.  Both surgeries were fine.  I was not allowed to drive until I had the follow up surgical appointment a day or so later.

They gave antibiotic drops post surgery and I then used OTC drops (I used Sustane) as required to alleviate the gritty feeling.

I have 20/20. Vision in both eyes.  Adjusting to the new lense on the second surgery took a little longer than the first but I am very happy with both procedures.

Good luck!

Hi, 

In the US a patient is put to sleep and most procedures are done in a clinic. You can not drive until after your first visit to the doctor. 

Things went well for me too. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cataract Surgery..Light sensitive Lens

@granddi wrote:

@FireInTheSky 

• The Light Adjustable Lens (LAL) is the first intraocular lens (IOL) whose power can be adjusted after cataract surgery. It is designed to improve how well you see without eyeglasses compared to a standard single focus lens implant."light 
 changcataract.com  (edited to remove live link)

The Light Adjustable Lens is one of the newest and most expensive IOL options for cataract surgery patients. There is a lot of information if you just search "Light Adjustable Lens IOL"

I noticed in my area only one eye practice is installed this len. The real market Is a  is a younger person who has  had lasik surgery and now needs reading glasses. Some people are comfortable paying the full price. 

This lens may have fewer problems than the Panoptix that was released in 2019.