Honored Contributor

If I did get the Casper, I would definitely also purchase a foundation and the metal bed frame.  I need a bed that is at least 21 inches off the floor or I would not be able to get into it.  Too high or too low would be dangerous for me.

I will carefully research all of these foam beds in boxes before I buy one.  That means I will have to go to stores or warehouses that have samples.

As far as bed bugs, spiders, mosquitoes, etc., so far I have seen none.  Gnats do sometimes get into the house when the patio sliding door is open for even a couple of seconds.  Gnats do bite and present as a photo I've seen on Google, and they also itch.  I believe what I am getting are gnat bites.  While they are not particularly infectious, there are cases of disease transmission.  Don't like the thought of that.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@mcducky wrote:

I've just recently heard of them so don't have an informed opinion.   Are they going to take your old mattress away for you?  They can be a real hassle to get rid of.

@mcducky

I live in a large apartment complex.  Maybe they'll let me put a sign up on the management office's bulletin board.  I would be giving it away.

@LilacTree  Go to the FAQ on the Casper website.  They will tell you about the White Glove pick up for old mattresses and if that service is in your area.  They can recommend pick up if the White Glove service is not in your locale.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@mcducky wrote:

I've just recently heard of them so don't have an informed opinion.   Are they going to take your old mattress away for you?  They can be a real hassle to get rid of.

@mcducky

I live in a large apartment complex.  Maybe they'll let me put a sign up on the management office's bulletin board.  I would be giving it away.

@LilacTree  Go to the FAQ on the Casper website.  They will tell you about the White Glove pick up for old mattresses and if that service is in your area.  They can recommend pick up if the White Glove service is not in your locale.

@Cakers3

I will.  Thanks, Cakers.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree  You're welcome. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Valued Contributor

@lilypadfrog wrote:

I don't have a Casper but I do have a Tuft n Needle which is also a bed in a box type.  I love my bed.  So, ddon't be concerned about the bed in a box type.  I did, however, get a Zinus metal bed frame from Amazon for about a hundred.  I believe most of the beds in a box have the 100 day sleep guarantee.  Mine was super easy to set up, I did not need any help at all.

@lilypadfrog @LilacTree, My brother and nephew just purchased 2 mattresses from Tuft & Needle and love them. Queen sizes for less than $600.00, I'm getting one for myself too.  Good luck in your search @LilacTree!   Heart

Honored Contributor

@wagirl...did you put the mattress on a flat frame...NOT box springs?

I built my Helix mattress on line but have not purchased yet, concerned about not purchasing a new frame.

I think the warranty is voided if you don't use their frame.

Honored Contributor

Re: Casper mattress

[ Edited ]

momtodogs—- I did use a box springs and my bedframe has slats. When I bought my Helix almost 2 years ago, there was no mention of a warranty like that ; they didn,t even sell a frame.

Honored Contributor

@Sueliz wrote:

@lilypadfrog wrote:

I don't have a Casper but I do have a Tuft n Needle which is also a bed in a box type.  I love my bed.  So, ddon't be concerned about the bed in a box type.  I did, however, get a Zinus metal bed frame from Amazon for about a hundred.  I believe most of the beds in a box have the 100 day sleep guarantee.  Mine was super easy to set up, I did not need any help at all.

@lilypadfrog @LilacTree, My brother and nephew just purchased 2 mattresses from Tuft & Needle and love them. Queen sizes for less than $600.00, I'm getting one for myself too.  Good luck in your search @LilacTree!   Heart

@Sueliz

Thank you.  I have to put it off for a while, but I will get one of them before the end of the year. 

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

@wagirl, thanks for the reply...my frame sounds like your....slats.....I despise mattress shopping, so confusing.

Currently there is a foam topper on top of the matress, so I am familiar with the 'feeling' of this type of mattress and like it.

Honored Contributor

It will surprise you what a new mattress can do for your health, a good nights sleep goes a long way,i heard that they should be re placed every 10 years.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.