Honored Contributor

I bought a Helix mattress 2 years go and LOVED it from the box on night 1. 

Honored Contributor

@lilypadfrog wrote:

Are you getting the new Casper Wave?  I'm not sure if thats been out long enough to get enough reviews.  

@lilypadfrog

If I get one, that's probably the one I would get.  It's not that much more expensive.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

OMG, throw that mattress out ,bed bugs are just gross.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor
@LilacTree You need to confirm whether you have dust mites, bed bugs, or perhaps just a spider or mosquito. I say this because if you have bedbugs they can be difficult to get rid of and getting a new mattress may not solve your problem. While they like to stay in the bedding area, they quite often spread and can be throughout the bedroom, carpet, linen closet or even in other areas of the apartment. Bedbugs are large enough to be seen but they do tend to hide and are primarily active at night. Dust mites are too small to be seen and do not bite however you can be allergic to them and therefore get a rash. An occasional one or two bites is probably a spider or mosquito.
Trusted Contributor

I'm interested in the Casper too.  Thanks for the info about the new Casper Wave and the Helix brand that I never heard of.  Will check these out.  

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@PickyCindy wrote:

Might want to look at the Amazon reviews for the Casper mattress.  Interesting.

@PickyCindy

I wouldn't believe a word of it . . . good or bad.  I don't trust that organization/company/whatever, and would never purchase anything from them.

@LilacTree  Amazon is a company. Definitely a company. It’s not an organization or a “whatever”. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I’ve certainly heard of Casper, but just took a look at them on Amazon. 

From the pictures they show, it’s too low to the floor for me. It looks like I’d have to look up to the nightstand, look up to the tv. Again, from the looks of it, I think my aching knees would have trouble getting out of the bed and into a standing position.  Way too low. 

And the reviews I read didn't look so hot. No way would I want to get a cumbersome mattress home and then figure out how to return it. 

Which is why I’ll continue to buy mattresses locally. I want to try out any mattress I buy. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Re: Casper mattress

[ Edited ]

-

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Do you still have a dog in the apartment, @LilacTree?Maybe you are getting the occasional flea bite:/

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh wrote:

I’ve certainly heard of Casper, but just took a look at them on Amazon. 

From the pictures they show, it’s too low to the floor for me. It looks like I’d have to look up to the nightstand, look up to the tv. Again, from the looks of it, I think my aching knees would have trouble getting out of the bed and into a standing position.  Way too low. 

And the reviews I read didn't look so hot. No way would I want to get a cumbersome mattress home and then figure out how to return it. 

Which is why I’ll continue to buy mattresses locally. I want to try out any mattress I buy. 

The height of the Casper mattress is dependent on what kind of bed frame it’s placed on, @gidgetgh, not that that changes your other concerns regarding buying a mattress in a box though.