Honored Contributor

Now posters are going to Google search and pretend to be doctors.  Pay no attention to any of it.  This is a question for your cardiologist and only your cardiologist.  Write down all of your questions and the next time you see him or her; ask all of your questions.  Also request that cardiologist speak in layman's terms.  Take a friend or relative with you if you can.  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree 

You seem to underestimate how the mental aspect of certain medical problems can be lessened for many, by hearing from others that may have experienced the same, or similar symptoms.

Have you ever heard of a "patient advocate"?  I was asked, when I was an in-patient, on the Heart Floor, if I would be willing to talk to other patients. I am no doctor, but I have experienced many heart related procedures and can describe them to patients to maybe help eliminate some of their pre-procedure trepidation. A doctor that has not had this experience cannot, thus I was asked. That is what I did in the hospital, and I sometimes try to do on this forum.

I do not "Google" anything I say here, when asked about something I have experienced, I do not need to do so. My comments are not advice, they are what I said, "my experiences". 

Since you posted "now posters are going to Google search and pretend to be doctors". "Pay no attention to any of it"? That my fellow poster is the only reason I am typing this, as I  feel your comments are including "this poster, ME" .

To each be their own.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

Why did you have this test done ? I had it and everything was fine.Then I had a treadmill stress test and again my heart seems to be fine.I had heart problems in airplanes.

Valued Contributor

ver heard of Tachy Brady heart arrythmia . However I have wolff parkinson white and this is an arrythmia that can be very fast or very slow . It is usually genetic but can be caused by medication . MIne is genetic as my daughter has it too . You may need a pacemaker or a cardiac medication . Isn't your doctor doing anything?There can be other reasons such as a wandering pacemaker or periods of atrial fibrillation . I have superventricular tacycardia which sounds scary

but is juat a rapid heart rate . Not a problem unless you have WPW and atril fib together . I may need a cardiac ablation . You r doctor need to tell you more. Ask Questions .You have a right to know and need a diagnosis

. cathy from ma

Respected Contributor

@Cardinals97 wrote:

Thank you for your comments.  I am under the care of a cardioligist and have the diagnosis from a monitor.  I am going back to him next week to determine if he wants me to have a 30 day monitor or has something else in mind.  I was only asking to get a  little peace of mind until then from someone who might have had the same problem.  I know I can only go by what my cardiologist tells me.

Makes perfect sense to me and I have done this same thing hoping to connect with others and their life experiences. Ignore those that post telling you to see a doctor or that you can only talk to your doctor!  Good grief...the Internet and world for that matter has tons of forums on all kinds of diseases/topics for this very reason.  I know it helped me when I was 1st dx with Rosacea...finding a group of people with this disease help me emotionally....I didn't feel totally alone.  That was back in the early 90's when the internet groups were just getting going.

Trusted Contributor

@Cardinals97 wrote:

Has anyone everhad an abnormal EKG and been diagnosed with Tachy-Brady syndrome?  If so, what procedures were done to fix it?

My sister has this, and she is on medication to keep her heart from beating too slow, and a pacemaker to keep it from beating too fast.

For those needing cardiac ablations, make sure your surgeon has TONS of experience performing this procedure.  Her doctor was fresh out of med school and her procedure went horribly wrong.  She ended up with a psuedo-anyeurism (sp?) and needed another operation with a vascular surgeon.  

She is doing OK now, but the botched ablation procedure was harder on her than the pacemaker surgery.