Esteemed Contributor

Orajel............works wonders  Smiley Happy   (Amazon)

Regular Contributor

I had canker sores my entire life due to eating too much acidic foods, I.e, oranges, peaches and from stress. I found eating a few tablespoons of yogurt  with live bacteria balanced the ph in my gut and I no longer have this problem. Noosa is my current favorite followed by Oui. 

Respected Contributor

I’ve found that rinsing my mouth with Colgate’s Peroxyl before going to bed is very helpful, especially for large or multiple canker sores. You can get it in the toothpaste aisle of most supermarkets or drugstores. It doesn’t burn your mouth and works in a couple of days. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Canket Sores

[ Edited ]

Cologate Orabase Paste for Canker & Mouth Sores. It has benzocaine in it to numb the pain. It's made to stick to the sore places that will provide a film over the area to protect it.

I had a canker sore once. I thought it was an abscess tooth. The dentist said since I have had one now I will keep having them. I never had another one.

Colgate Orabase Paste 12 g (Pack of 2)

Respected Contributor

@Hilery

@Hilery wrote:

I had canker sores my entire life due to eating too much acidic foods, I.e, oranges, peaches and from stress. I found eating a few tablespoons of yogurt  with live bacteria balanced the ph in my gut and I no longer have this problem. Noosa is my current favorite followed by Oui. 

Exactly right!  I had a problem with them for years whenever I ate too much dark chocolate, tomatoes or grapefruit.  (Those little suckers hurt!)  After I started eating yogurt for breakfast, and usually at lunch, the problem completely resolved!

Laura loves cats!
Frequent Contributor

Here is what works for me:  when I have a canker sore, I melt a Tum antacid tablet in my mouth at bedtime and let that stay in my mouth.  The sooner you catch the sore, the better this works.  Also, I use non flouride toothpaste and this helps as a preventive.

Valued Contributor

Use biotene mouth wash . also try opening a vitamin e capsule and put conents on sores . Oragel works for pain at night , I used to rinse my mouth with warm wter and salt , It helps but it burns not comfortable.Easier to use hydrogen peroxide and water 50/50 . It tastes crappy but it works , This used to be used for patients with chemotherapy caused mouth ulcers

.cathy from ma

Respected Contributor

old cure: apply alum with a q tip directly on to canker sore. a bit of a tingle and no more discomfort.

Respected Contributor

Re: Canket Sores

[ Edited ]

Coconut oil pulling.   It's anti viral, bactrial and fungal.   5 minutes swishing in the mouth, spit into the trash,

Respected Contributor

Thank you soooooooooooooo much for recommendation it really works. I mistakenly started a

new thread in wellness thanking you.