Valued Contributor

DH is suffering from canket sores in his mouth. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do for him? Thanks

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Is he immunosupressed? 

The doctor will sometimes give an antiviral if there is a lot of them , but generally they go away in abouit 7 to 10 days.

If he's immunosupressed he should definitely see his doctor.

Trusted Contributor

He can try swishing salt water in his mouth.

I swear by Kanka mouth sore medicine which you can find in the drug store.  The one with the plastic ball applicator inside works the best.  

Frequent Contributor

There have been various reasons suggested for the cause of these mouth sores from viral to an allergic reaction to too much adcidic foods, as well as various suggestions for treatment from antibiodics to a antibiotic swish & swallow combination.  Best to see your PCP if these annoying sores persist.

FYI...they are "canker" sores, not canket sores.

Honored Contributor

Some times brushing your teeth w/ baking soda toothpaste helps.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Trusted Contributor

@mimomof4 wrote:

He can try swishing salt water in his mouth.

I swear by Kanka mouth sore medicine which you can find in the drug store.  The one with the plastic ball applicator inside works the best.  

Salt would burn like you know what.

Super Contributor

Lysine and it can be purchased where vitamins are sold. 

Valued Contributor

Let me correct myself it's canker.

Trusted Contributor

@hovis wrote:

Let me correct myself it's canker.

I'm pretty sure we all knew what you meant, without having to correct your typo Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I get these often and in abundance. Mine comes from stress, eating too crunchy toast, etc, and some food.  I FINALLY found out my doctor can prescribe "Miracle Mouthwash"... with lidocaine, steroids, benadryl,etc. They can 

Customize the ingredients for each case. There is a home version...just Google it! It helps so much.