Honored Contributor

Thank you for all the respinses I bought the following on Amazon and applied it last night ans I can feel it starting to heal.

VEGA Oral Gel: Dry Socket, Dry Mouth, Canker Sore, Tooth Extraction, Gum Surgery, Braces, Denture, Ulcer, Mucositis, Dental Implant, Advanced Natural Dental Pain Relief, Heal Faster,

I have used this befire 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I'm in no way a medical professional but, when I get them, they're usually stress related. I use Campho Phenique Cold Sore Treatment Gel after applying peroxide with a cotton pad. I tried Abreva a few times but CP seems to work better for me. Good luck, they can be painful.

Super Contributor

@ZenaC  I remember our family doctor treated my canker sores once with alum as a child. I forgot about this remedy until your response. It did hurt when applied to the sore but the relief was timely. Do you know the shelf life of alum? 

Occasional Contributor

No, I don't know the shelf life of Alum. My bottle, which I still have, expired in 2017. I didn't realize how old it was. I plan to toss it out and pick up a new one to keep on hand.

Honored Contributor

There is a mix of answers to the original question.  Canker sores are inside the mouth.  Fever blisters and cold sores are related to the herpes simplex virus and are on the lips.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Canker Sores

[ Edited ]

@RedTop wrote:

There is a mix of answers to the original question.  Canker sores are inside the mouth.  Fever blisters and cold sores are related to the herpes simplex virus and are on the lips.  

Herpetic lesions can develop anywhere on or inside the body. Lesions have been found on internal organs such as the lungs, esophagus, colon and even inside the eyes. Wherever there are nerves then they can travel there. Brain and meninges are also susceptible.

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

@RedTop  I used to get canker sores quite often when I was young. Just as you say, they are inside the mouth. They also hurt.

Valued Contributor

I have gotton Cnker Sores all my life. It's in my Family.My Mom and my Brother both got them.My dentist said it can be genetic or most likely it comes from stress either way i get them. I use AMBESOL it seems to work for me.