Respected Contributor

@trenet- I too ended up in the standard of care arm and also thought maybe that's ok, in the end it was no risk of other side effects for me, although the added treatment was already an approved treatment and dosage.  They were trying to find out if it would help prevent metastasizing in my aggressive form of breast cancer.  I did get really good care and it all worked out for me, so far. 

That trial dosage is a huge jump from what is usually given!  That big D side effect can dehydrate you and make you weaker, ask me how I know!!!

I think most of us tend to overdo it when we start feeling better.  In my case I lived alone and was still working, so I had to really plan ahead for my "bad" chemo days when I was almost incapacitated.  I'm really glad you have some help.

Will be thinking of you, hoping the drug destroys what it needs to.  Please keep in touch and thanks for letting us know about the trial.

Lannie

Respected Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

Well ladies the New Year has started. Yom Kippur was challenging as fasting for 25 hrs is not easy. My brother said today that I do it out of guilt. I said yeah and fear like most Jews. I do not follow the orthodox way. I am secular. I just do the best I can. 

Pam I think it's kind of rotten that your landlord is showing the apt while you are still there. Hopefully most of the work will be done before you move in.

Lannie got my 2nd pair of vionics from zuilly today. The other pair I had to exchange for a larger size. I would truly stick to your regular size. Also bought a pairs of earth shoes from them. Never owned a pair. Truly comfortable.

Hopefully my furniture will be moved out next week as the inspectors are coming this week to examine the garage and the backyard for violations. 

Respected Contributor

Lannie, vionics on Zulily today

Respected Contributor

Jackie - thanks for the heads up.  My boots are now $10 less than what I paid!!!  Smiley Frustrated  I got them yesterday and they look better than I thought they would, winter boots with a little bit of style.  My heel slips so I put some heel pads in them and am hoping that will work.  Will be wearing them this weekend.  Am so glad to have found them. Our weather is supposed to turn cold.

I didn't find anything this time except for one pair, and they didn't have my size.  Bummer because they are the same style as the ones that are healing my PF only in a different color.  I'm paranoid something will happen to the ones I have and want a back up pair!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

I'm glad you like them. You have to be fast with Zuiliy when they sell Vionics, clarks, sketchers or easy spirit. I wake up early so I'm on there at 9am. Lord I've bought so many things there cheap for the house. I try to stay away from the clothing though. Sizes are unpredictable. 

Received my vionics and earth shoes. Fabulous and so much cheaper than QVC. 

Honored Contributor

Jackie, what is wrong with the garage?

It was 40 today.  I wasn't ready for that.  I need to wear something warmer.  Also hardens flurries.  You they were pretty impressive.

Nothing going on here.  Seeing the rheumatologist for a toe check up.  Had to have a blood test last week for the appt.  It wasn't very good.  The same numbers there were high last time where high this time. Plus potassium was low again, along with RBC.  I think it's due to prescriptions.

Honored Contributor

Am up extra early today as landlord is bringing some potential renters in for a look- see. Going to do my computer work first, than tidy up and maybe even vacuum. told him things are not neat and  tidy as we are starting to get ready to move. He said we could stay if we wanted to. The man is really a very decent guy so not a problem to work with him and he needs to keep his house rented------

Went to our house yesterday and things are looking betterWoman Frustrated--paint not totally awful----- and I think we will have to let that one go----just keep the paint and touch up when needed. Millwork almost done and they even refinished the stairs railings and pickets and hand rails too===all were bare wood as the hubs was going to finish staining it when we got into the house back in 1986---he never did. That was a huge surprise to me. but still alot to do--no bedroom carpets, no toilet or plumbing finished--no electrician to finish the can lights and turn the upside down light fixtures, right side up------hubs and friend power washed all the decks to get the railings put on, yesterday. I hear great things will be done this coming week, where have I heard that one before???? And heard guys coming to finish millwork upstairs today----hubs is going there to work too. Now I have to arrange the movers and start the packing. As soon as bedrooms are done--they just need carpeting---we can move alot of the little stuff into those rooms  and just leave the big stuff for the movers. Have to arranged to get my carpet cleaned too--thinking it will need a few cleanings to remove all the stuff.

So send  all the extra good juju and muscle power you have to this 65 yr old ancient one!!!!!. Dang it, I hate moving!!!

Respected Contributor

GC it could very well be your medications that's causing your low numbers. Hard to say. Yeah it's getting a bit chily out. Problem with our garage is that all of us store our shopping carts and a few other things in there in our parking spots. The inspector said NO. So we had to remove everything. Everything was neat but it didn't matter.

Pam call up your Dr now and tell him to order you an antibiotic . Your going to do too much as usual. Can't blame you. You want this whole thing over with. But you have to worry about cellulitis again. 

Asked husband to wash the windows before the winter. He said no so here I go. 

Trusted Contributor

Are the items sold by Zulily used items? What is Zulily?

Honored Contributor

@keithsmom65---QVC owns Zulily and the items are new. Go to the website to check it out.