Honored Contributor

jackie-----I just heard what that senator said and was shocked and furious at her horrible comments about the nurses---apparently she has never had to deal with you nurses------lucky for her, as I would be jabbing her with a very blunt needle myself--stupid people should have a HUGE boil on the foreheads so we know they are stupid !!!! Stupid people and their comments are rampant these days=--- I apologize for  her comments------

Yes I am taking it easy altho I was up moving around more yesterday and did make a delicious pot of chili, corn bread and coleslaw too , for dinner. Back feels better but still not good. It's been years since I had my lower back bark at me. But my chiro will fix me, hopefully today--prob need to go back at the end of the week for a session with her. Was going with my brother and wife for a long weekend to the Oregon coast but think that so many hours in a truck will not do my back any good at all. 

pam

Respected Contributor

Jackie - And just when would nurses get time to play cards??!!!  From what Iv'e seen, they usually don't even get a break during their shift!  What a stupid and ignorant thing to even say.

GC - there was no fighting ever, won't stoop to that level, but I only have so much patience and 2 yrs was enough for me.  She has issues and fortunately I won't have to deal with them anymore.  I realize some of it is just apartment living, but consistently being so noisy so late at night gets to be too much.  Now I'll probably get someone worse in - but I won't hesitate to call management this time!  I may end up homeless....

Pam, take care of yourself, hope your chiro can get you some relief.  How is Stripey cat doing amid all this?

Respected Contributor

Pam you don't have to apologize for Walsh's stupid comments. However the nurses there better get themselves organized. Gov't should not be interfering in 8 or 12 hr shifts or breaks. 

Your chili sounds fantastic. Glad your back is better.

Lannie I lucked out with a good upstairs neighbor who is never home. The only thing I ever hear is her vacuum cleaner. You may luck out and get a good neighbor.

Honored Contributor

jackie---oh yes, there is a huge out pouring of disgust for that stupid woman---she has since apologized but I am thinking her job is prob in jeopardy. and I do feel I need to apologize for her stupidity----there are too many things done and said that someone needs to apologize for that are mean and untruthful and just plain ignorant.----OK  now I am - carefully getting off my soapbox !!!

yes my chili was awesome!! cooked enough for a few meals and each day it gets better. the cornbread was Marie Calendars mix which is really good too. 

So my wonderful chiro did her magic on me yesterday----I felt much like I had been worked over with a 2 x 4 afterwards, didn't sleep much,  but this a.m. I feel alot better. she gave me a couple things to do to help--my sacrum was rotated the wrong way and the other bones were rubbing on it------will go back Friday for another  tweak. Haven't had this back issue for years-----

lannie---stripey cat is fine---all 15 lbs of her!!!! she is on a food diet now,  as well as an exercise plan too. will get her teeth done this summer and hopefully she will be back to her 12 lbs of love. her uti cleared up and she got her shots and a clean bill of health. She is down to 3/4 of a cup of dry food and teapspoon of squishy food 2x a day---and she begs for more----

going to call the ins claims guy in Missouri again--our contractor has not heard anything yet---another week down the tubes---so I have a list of questions to ask and a few things to update him on too. is this normal for insurance claims??  

ok friends-----have a good day!!

pam

Trusted Contributor
Breast cancer survivors
I recently posted about my surgery, oncologist said cells are estrogen positive. She said since mine was DCIS (duct non invasive) she asked if I wanted to go on tamoxifen. She didn’t suggest because the negative side affect outweigh the percentage of return.
If I understand her she said estrogen positive is two fold, tumors grow with estrogen but they respond to treatment. Any thoughts for me? Thx
Respected Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

@springers  - Hi and welcome!  I guess I need to ask a few questions, are you going to have surgery or radiation? 

I have 2 friends who have DCIS.  One is in her 70's and opted for the surgery, (a simple lumpectomy) and radiation.

The other is in her late 90's and has been taking the medication, which has helped.

Tamoxifen does seem to work quite well on the estrogen pos type breast cancer, my sister took it (I have to clarify, she took it for 5 yrs after her surgery) and yes there are side effects, but there are also other ones available now.

My breast cancer was way beyond DCIS. It was Stage 2, Grade 3 triple negative cancer and had spread to my lymph nodes.  It is a very aggressive type and the Tamox won't help my kind, or I would take it for sure, no question.  I had surgeries, strong doses of 2 different chemos and a full course of radiation.

My prognosis was 3 yrs, but I am happily over 6 yrs a survivor!

I'm sure the other gals will have some thoughts for you also.  There are so many choices to make and things to think about, we all have been there.

Glad you reached out to us!

Lannie

Super Contributor

@springers wrote:
Breast cancer survivors
I recently posted about my surgery, oncologist said cells are estrogen positive. She said since mine was DCIS (duct non invasive) she asked if I wanted to go on tamoxifen. She didn’t suggest because the negative side affect outweigh the percentage of return.
If I understand her she said estrogen positive is two fold, tumors grow with estrogen but they respond to treatment. Any thoughts for me? Thx

BC survivor here stage 1 grade 3, early invasive and DCIS.

What is your oncoscore? That should be the first indication of meds.

There are several estrogen inhibitors; discuss these w/oncologist.

I chose not to take tamoxifen; onco MD said ok-I have very low oncoscore, no lymph nodes involved, lumpectomy, 40 rounds of radiation (French fried).

I tried tamoxifen for 3 months and didnt tolerate it wll. I personally didnt like the idea of trading breast cancer for possible uterine/ovarian cancer and I didnt want a hysterectomy.

All of this is highly personal. Please consult w/experts and support groups  for more info.

Prayers are w/you: fight like a girl!

Respected Contributor

@wagirl - My cat had a weight problem also.  I was feeding her too many treats, plus her dry food.  She is down to 1/4 cup dry food twice a day.  She only gets a few treats, and not every day.  She went from 10.6 pounds to 9.1 pounds (she should weigh 9 pounds).   The vet said people tend to overfeed their pets.

Honored Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

Well spring had arrived, or so I thought.  Snow flurries on Saturday.

Going to the dentist on thursday.  Got a new hygienist last time, we'll see how it goes this time.  Got a call the dentist changed days and now has Thursdays off.  If I want to keep the same one, I have to change days.  I didn't get much notice, so I'm not changing this time.

I could never have put Rick on a diet.  I deal well with begging.  He was 18 pounds at his highest.  Still miss that crazy old cat.

Trusted Contributor
Thanks for responding and sharing. My heart goes out to all.
Mine was stage 0 grade 3 aggressive, I had a lumpectomy 1.2 in /3 cm and internal radiation ( one heavy blast during operation,) clear margins so no lymph nodes were removed. Never heard of onsoscore? I go back in 3 mo check up and will ask.
Thanks again