Honored Contributor

No I'm still here!! Everyone must be recouping from the last few weeks.

I've been trying to find a contractor still--had one company come out Tuesday that the hubs and I both liked and have another one coming today and one more supposed to call me. Sent out a few emails too. Things are at a stand still right now, altho I do have the donation truck coming Tuesday. That will clear out a few boxes of stuff. Weather still very mild but a little wet. The new roof seems to be doing its job. Hubs goes in to have the peg screwed into his jaw for his implant---I think that is what it is----so he will be numb for awhile but hopefully able to talk to the contractor. 

hope everyone is doing well====pam

Respected Contributor

I'm still here too - everyone must be recuperating from the boob party!!

GC, enjoy your travels - do you get to see any sights while you are there?  Flying seems to be a gamble anymore, maybe you will get there on time, maybe you won't.  They said on the news this morning to get to the airport a whopping 3 hours before your flight because of the government shutdown - yikes!  Pretty soon you'll have to spend the night.

Pam, seems like things are slowly progressing.  Natural disasters ar so frustrating to deal with and there are plenty of them around.  At least you are able to stay in your house.

Does anyone have tips for me when putting in eye drops?  I hold my head way back and the bottle as close to my eye as I can and hold my eye open as far as I can they roll down my cheeks every time, getting very little in my eye.  My ex was right, I can't do anything right.

Everyone have a good day.

Respected Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness  Try pointing the eye dropped closer to your nose/inner part of the eyeby the tear duct-rest fingrs against nose.

Your ex was wrong-that's why he's your ex.

Honored Contributor

Good news on the roof.  

Ah, yes the boob party. 💃💃💃💃💃

No, no sights.  Days were long.  It's no fun driving around in the dark.  Getting out of dodge was good for me.

BFF, you r the best.

Respected Contributor

I'm here as well. Been on a mission. Emptied out drawers, measuring for a new bedroom set. Husband gave me money for one. I'm not going high end this time around. Found a few things that I like. Yup Pam purging again. Your on a roll with these contractors. Your husband is getting a post in. Had three inserted in one day. He'll be fine. 

Lannie I hate eyeballs. Inserting drops is not that hard. Just open up your top and lower eyelids and insert the drops in the corner of your eye. I have dry eye and have to do it. I never understood how people can wear contacts. I would be a disaster at it. Hey Lannie, you do everything right. Your ex was a jerk.

Girlfriend's dog has pancreatitis. I said what do they do. I know in humans they put in an IV, NG tube, give them antibiotics and pain meds. She said they hydrated her and she's eating chicken and was given antibiotics. She's a mess over this. I said who wouldn't be. Piper however is happy with her chicken and broth. Doesn't miss her dog food. I said this is going to take time.

Respected Contributor

DH's New Years insanity has died down a little; I ave the name of 2 female divorce lawyers who are pitbulls wearing lipstick and heels. My ace in the hole, so to speak.

We picked out granite for new kitchen countertops-Kashimir White-very soft gray marbling against a pale/gray/white background. Also checked new appliances-fridge, dishwasher, range. We'll be waiting for Home Depots Feb Presidents sale to purchase. Also ordered new kitchen sink.

After revamp in itchen will buy new cabinet/drawer pulls, fix flooring and paint water stain in bathroom.

Pray for another storm so I can rehab master bath. DH too cheap.

Respected Contributor

Pancreatitis in dogs is vey dangerous and life threatening. Red almost died 2 years ago from it ( and $2500.00 later).

Respected Contributor

Mae good for you with the lawyers and the kitchen. Two can play this game.

Piper is doing a bit better. Sono negative yesterday. So it's not cancer or an obstruction of any kind. My friend was given some rescipes to make her with bone meal. She had to order it from Amazon. Also given vitamins. Will go back next week for another follow-up. The dog is running around playing and my girlfriend want's to drop dead from exhaustion.

GC they are expecting wicked storms here so I hope your home by now.

Respected Contributor

@Gracies Mom - How is everything going for you, your husband and little Remy?  I hope this will be a good new year for all of you.

Did you get everything straightened out with your husband's AMEX account?

Honored Contributor

Yes, I'm home.  It's been a long day.  Got up at 415am.  Airport was crazy. It being Friday and a storm coming did it.  Arrived in Chicago 35 mins late and at the wrong end of the airport.  Had to hustle to the next flight.  It was a long walk.  The flight was boarding by the time I got there.  So glad to be here.