Respected Contributor

LV glad your feeling better and that you are eating. We were worried about you!! All will heal.

Patmo I'm not a 5 year survivor yet so I can't answer your question.

Honored Contributor
On 1/21/2014 LVgirl said:
On 1/20/2014 akaGoldie said: LV, bluejay, glad to hear from you both. Sorry it's been so hard on both of you. Bluejay, I'd be going crazy if I had to wait two months ,to get a diagnosis of cancer or not, seriously I'd be getting somebody's butt in gear, and get some answers! It's cruel to make us wait like that. LV I assume the ovarian remnant that they removed was benign? You didn't mention it, so I hope that is the case. You can rest assured you're both in our prayers. Let us know how you're doing. Goldie

Hi Goldie:

I am doing a little better today I got to eat a sandwich. I have an appointment for Thursday with the doctor for them to check on my incision since i still have the hematoma. Its pretty scary that I have this knot sticking out of my incision, hopefully its safe to have this. The ovarian remnant that they removed the doctor said it did not look cancerous. They told me it will take 2 weeks for the results to come back. So I'm praying that its not cancerous. I hope everyone else is doing good, take care.

Glad to hear you are feeling a little better and that you are going in to see your doc tomorrow--write down your questions!!! Geez another 2 weeks to wait-----I HATE the waiting!!! You sound much better!!

Honored Contributor
On 1/21/2014 patmo said:

Goldie, yes I am talking breast cancer, I had radiation, tamoxifen and Femara. My oncologist just retired, and don't know if I still need to see a new one. I reached the 5 year mark and am off all medication.

patmo---hurray for your 5 year mark---you are a survivor but also a thriver!! I just past my one year mark from the end of all my treatments and am on the tamox and will go in Feb for my mammos.

Regular Contributor

I met with the surgeon and found out I have a second large growth that is almost as large as the one that I knew about.

Surgery is scheduled for a total thyroidectomy (and possible neck dissection) for the morning of January 30. I would appreciate prayer for no cancer, a quick and complete recovery and no complications! Thanks!

Respected Contributor
On 1/25/2014 bluejay said:

I met with the surgeon and found out I have a second large growth that is almost as large as the one that I knew about.

Surgery is scheduled for a total thyroidectomy (and possible neck dissection) for the morning of January 30. I would appreciate prayer for no cancer, a quick and complete recovery and no complications! Thanks!

You are in our prayers, Bluejay. We'll be talking to you during your waiting period. Be optimistic.

Regular Contributor
On 1/25/2014 JackieHN said:
On 1/25/2014 bluejay said:

You are in our prayers, Bluejay. We'll be talking to you during your waiting period. Be optimistic.

Thanks so much Jackie! I really appreciate your prayers! I so hope there is no cancer!

I am go glad to have found these boards! You have all been so kind and supportive to me with everything I have been going through.

It has been really rough and I am so blessed by your kindness!!!

Respected Contributor

And we are blessed by your kindness. One day at a time. That's all any of us can do. But you'll get through all of this and hopefully won't need a dissection. Sending postive vibes your way!!!

Honored Contributor
On 1/19/2014 bluejay said:
On 1/18/2014 JackieHN said:

OK, bluejay and LV what's going on. Haven't heard from either of you.

Hi Jackie,

On Friday I meet with my soon-to-be surgeon and he recommended that I get the entire thyroid out. I also found out that I have a second large growth. I thought I only had one but now know that I have 2. He said it may be cancer but he isn't quite sure what it is.

Since I have nodules on both sides of my thyroid and these 2 large growths on and near my thyroid, he thinks it is best to just remove the entire thyroid and he also mentioned doing a neck dissection. I think it is best also just in case the pathology report shows that it is cancer. I am really nervous about this upcoming surgery.

They have submitted this to our insurance so we have to wait until it is approved and then he wants me to get some tests before the surgery.

Anyway it has been a bad weekend for me. Some of you may remember that my bunny died recently. That along with the possibility of having cancer and the knowledge that I need surgery has not been easy to deal with. Then I found out on Friday that my only child is moving out of the house and out of town. I don't have any other family except my husband, so I feel like I am losing half of my family. He won't even be here for my surgery.

I know it is a normal thing for kids to move out and move on but it is just coming at a very bad time for me. I am already having trouble dealing with things as it is. It just seems like things keep getting added more and more and that I don't have the strength to bear it. I feel like I am being crushed by the weight of it all... I have been wondering for over 2 months if I have cancer.

I also haven't been sleeping well and I am just exhausted!

I will update again when I get my surgery date or maybe sooner.

Please keep me in your prayers! I can use as much prayer as possible.

Thanks so much!

I will pray for you.....am so sorry you have so much to deal with all at the same time...the good news is that you have no cancer diagnosis......so hang onto that until it is confirmed or ruled out....I do know friends who had similar nodules and they were benign so that is always a possibility. DH had surgery for a very rare cancer 16 months ago....three days ago at his routine checkup the surgeon found more nodules she isn't happy with so he had a PETscan on Friday....will find out on Monday the results of that....could mean the cancer that we though was completely gone is back in another area.....please remember DH in your prayers as well....he isn't sleeping much at all and is quite stoic by nature...but I know this has been a real punch in the gut for him.......

Regular Contributor
On 1/26/2014 JackieHN said:

And we are blessed by your kindness. One day at a time. That's all any of us can do. But you'll get through all of this and hopefully won't need a dissection. Sending postive vibes your way!!!

Thanks so much Jackie!

I agree... I have to live one day at a time and sometimes even one moment at a time. When things get really rough I just tell myself that right now, in this moment... I am okay.

Have a wonderful day! Smile

Regular Contributor
On 1/26/2014 upsidedown said:
On 1/19/2014 bluejay said:
On 1/18/2014 JackieHN said:

OK, bluejay and LV what's going on. Haven't heard from either of you.

Hi Jackie,

On Friday I meet with my soon-to-be surgeon and he recommended that I get the entire thyroid out. I also found out that I have a second large growth. I thought I only had one but now know that I have 2. He said it may be cancer but he isn't quite sure what it is.

Since I have nodules on both sides of my thyroid and these 2 large growths on and near my thyroid, he thinks it is best to just remove the entire thyroid and he also mentioned doing a neck dissection. I think it is best also just in case the pathology report shows that it is cancer. I am really nervous about this upcoming surgery.

They have submitted this to our insurance so we have to wait until it is approved and then he wants me to get some tests before the surgery.

Anyway it has been a bad weekend for me. Some of you may remember that my bunny died recently. That along with the possibility of having cancer and the knowledge that I need surgery has not been easy to deal with. Then I found out on Friday that my only child is moving out of the house and out of town. I don't have any other family except my husband, so I feel like I am losing half of my family. He won't even be here for my surgery.

I know it is a normal thing for kids to move out and move on but it is just coming at a very bad time for me. I am already having trouble dealing with things as it is. It just seems like things keep getting added more and more and that I don't have the strength to bear it. I feel like I am being crushed by the weight of it all... I have been wondering for over 2 months if I have cancer.

I also haven't been sleeping well and I am just exhausted!

I will update again when I get my surgery date or maybe sooner.

Please keep me in your prayers! I can use as much prayer as possible.

Thanks so much!

I will pray for you.....am so sorry you have so much to deal with all at the same time...the good news is that you have no cancer diagnosis......so hang onto that until it is confirmed or ruled out....I do know friends who had similar nodules and they were benign so that is always a possibility. DH had surgery for a very rare cancer 16 months ago....three days ago at his routine checkup the surgeon found more nodules she isn't happy with so he had a PETscan on Friday....will find out on Monday the results of that....could mean the cancer that we though was completely gone is back in another area.....please remember DH in your prayers as well....he isn't sleeping much at all and is quite stoic by nature...but I know this has been a real punch in the gut for him.......

Thanks for your prayers! I really appreciate it! I am still hopeful that I don't have cancer since the FNA biopsy was inconclusive instead of malignant...

It has been scary for me just wondering whether or not I have cancer. I can see that it would be even more difficult to know that you actually do have cancer. I will be praying that your dh's cancer is not back! Please let us know how it turns out and hopefully it will be good news!!!