Honored Contributor

gc--I was wondering---do all the people where your sis is, get flu shots? That has to be top priority. I know--one more thing on your already long list. I guess the coughing social worker reminded me------

Hubs is home this a.m.--going in for his physical and then set up colonscopy appt too. I gotta do that as well. Hope he goes back to work buy he may not. Great!! Can't believe how warm it is outside--almost 60* at 6:42 a.m. Going to be this way for the next few days. BFF in AZ said they expect 90* tomorrow as the same weather thing is hitting them too. Too bloody hot for me!!!!

So to all you lovely ladies----HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!! I plan to eat a good hearty plate of food tomorrow and maybe hoist a few drinkie-poos too!!

pam

Respected Contributor

GC you won't lose it. You've been through too much. I always have backup plans for things. If plan A doesn't work then I try Plan B. When I've exhausted all of my plans then I throw up my hands and say I surrender. Your not there yet. Please try to work with the nurse in charge of her floor. I honestly don't know why a social worker is involved in her medical care in the first place. With my mother and mother in law I just dealt with the charge nurse. Let's see Podiatry, dental for my mother in law who lost her teeth, and medical for both. I wanted a list of medications both of them were taking and results of all blood work. Not too bloody demanding. 

You have so much on your plate right now. But your going to do it all because that's who you are. When you get home you can unwind from all of this. 

Respected Contributor

My hematologist was on hospital rounds this week, so I didn't hear about my leukemia tests, and I was nervous.  I was able to check my results online, and my WBC was more elevated and my platelets had decreased.  I called and spoke with the nurse.  She said she'd check and call me back.  When she called me, she said the labs were still considered stable, and I won't need to come back to see the doctor and have blood drawn again until June.  That was a big relief.

My cholesterol is up a bit more, so I'm supposed to go on a Mediterranean Diet.  However, I'm quite under-weight, and I need to gain (not lose) weight.  I'm definitely NOT going on a diet tomorrow (Thanksgiving Day)!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure about the flu shot Pam.  I guess I assumed sister got one, but that probably isn't a good idea.  LOL

Jackie, I have no idea why I'm talking to the social worker.  She's never said talk to so and so instead.  We're heading out to have lunch with sister at 9:45.  Sister's been calling my cell phone like crazy.  I haven't answered it though because all she wants is to talk to mother and she won't get on the phone.  Not a word from the children about tomorrow.

Everyone have a great day tomorrow.  

Respected Contributor

Pam, I believe they start giving the flu shots in nursing homes in Sept or early Oct. They have to because flu there will spead like wildfire. In the elderly flu can be deadly. As far as staff if they don't want to get the vaccine they walk around with a mask on. But most are compliant. Did you get all of your shopping done??

GC don't stress over the kids. You and your mother have a lovely Thanksgiving with your sister. Just think about what I told you about talking to the nursing staff. They are more aware of your sisters activities, her mental state and Dr's appointments. I can't see talking to a person who sits behind a desk all day away from where you sister is who knows nothing about medicine. Who do you think the social worker talks to. The nurses or she just reads her chart. 

Lynn wonderful news about your tests

Everyone have a lovely Thanksgiving

Honored Contributor

Mother was dragging her feet yesterday, so we ended up leaving a half hour late.  Lunch with sister was nice.  They set a table in a conference room for three, so we were by ourselves.  It was nice.  We were served a plate with a scoop of everything, then a slice of pie.  It was pretty good.  Sister was a little off. Mother was a chatty cathy.  Usually she says little to nothing.  We hung out in sister's room for an hour and a half, then headed out.  Sister took a nap when we left.  When she called at 6pm she was a bit out of it.  That always happens when she has a nap.

Took mother out for breakfast this morning, then grocery shopping.  We're straightening out the house this afternoon.  I may call and see if we can get a mani/pedi later this afternoon.

Good news about your blood work Lynn.  🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Respected Contributor

GC glad you had a nice time yesterday with sister and your mother. Hope you were able to get a mani and pedi. You'll deal with the rest of your sister's problems when you get back home. Nothing you can do over a holiday weekend.

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm in a tryptophan semi coma. Last year I ordered the salmon. Yesterday I had the turkey.Too much food. Had the rest for dinner tonight. Did absolutely nothing today and will continue on the same trend tomorrow.

So how was eveyone'sThanksgiving??

Honored Contributor

Jackie---no, I did very well on the t-day food binging--only got tiny amounts of everything, altho I WANTED more of the good ole turkey day carbs--mash spuds, stuffing, sweet spuds-----but I didn't indulge---then had a taste of the wonderful sweets but only a taste ...........can't do the white sugar anymore and EVERYTHING had sugar in it!!!!

Everyone was well behaved, had little kids running amok---no talk about politics at all-----and no one drinking into stupidiness----BUT my SIL missed the last step going downstairs and ended up with a fracture in her foot and a sprain. I haven't talked to her yet----is in a splint now as all the drs are gone. Wouldn't go to the ER but went to an Urgent Care so don't know if she will have to see a bone dr or not. So we iced her down and she managed to maintain. 

But I was pretty useless yesterdy too---watched movies on TV and did as little as I could. No left overs from T-day so I need to go get the fixins for a small turky dinner---I do love me a turky sammie!!!

PAM

Respected Contributor

Well Pam you did better than me. Gobbled up the last of the turkey last night. I'm sorry about you SIL. Yeah she's going to need follow-up. If it's the foot and not the ankle she has a fighting chance with a boot. It always happens. We're tired, stressed and boom we fall. 

Just emptied out the medicine cabinet and the inside has to be painted. Somehow NyQuill dripped and I cant get it out. I just watched a you tube video and it doesn't look hard to do. I paid a fortune for this cabinet and basically it's in good shape except for the red stain. Where were my brains. Never paid attention. 

Respected Contributor

I had a nice Thanksgiving dinner with friends.  It was a big group -- 30 people.  They had turkey with all the trimmings, and I ate a lot.  Then we all watched the football game (although I'm not much into ball games).  I still feel full today!

I hope all of you had a very enjoyable Thanksgiving.  I guess many of us have a lot to be thankful for.