Respected Contributor

Pam - glad all your testing turned out ok, now your'e home free for 8 whole months, if you behave and don't get into any trouble!  Well, except for your TV sono.  Hope that goes ok.

Poor stripey cat (and you of course) and her allergies.  That forced air furnace can really get the dust that's been sitting there all stirred up - seems like it's always something with a house, but bet you can't wait for your new carpeting.  It will seem like a new place!

Jackie - glad your brother is ok - those poor people don't seem to have gotten much actual help yet, like that nursing home.  With all the money raised you would think they would be there pronto with help on the spot - TV newscasters are.

GCR - I don't envy you having to take care of all your sister and Mom's matters, plus a full time job.  I remember when I was working they kept putting more and more on us and we couldn't finish what we already had.  They said find a way.  So others got faster (sloppy) with their work and we got it right back because it wasn't put though correctly.  $9,000,000 sitting there waiting to be corrected - triple that waiting to be put through, which we didn't have enough time for.  Did I ever tell you how glad I am to be retired??!!  You'll get there!

Honored Contributor

Pam, that poor stripy cat.  She can't catch a break.  Good news at the Drs appt.  Having the hyst was uneventful.  I had the robotic.  Didn't feel a thing.  I see the oncologist on weds for a six month checkup.  He just looks around, no tests.  Now that the appts are farther apart, I dread them.  I'm over the looking around part, but I know it isn't going away.

Lion, I thought I was going to have to come looking for you.  👀 Work will be alright.  If someone asks for help, I help them.  They can get the answer from someone else.  I need to not be so available and get caught up in things someone else should be doing.  It's hard when I'm the only one who knows anything, but me being the nice guy is putting me in a bad spot.  If I use binoculars, I can see the finish line.  You need to come this way.

BFF, I hope you are out there exercising.  🚣🚴🏊💃🚶💪 

Sister called twice today.  I was at work the first time, I answered the second time.  She wants to move to another home.  She is insistent about it.  I told her maybe in the future.  

There is a court date on weds with the ex to change the custody agreement and the terms of the divorce.  I think the conservator is actually going.  I called ex yesterday and told him to make sure the braces talked about and the judge rules that sister pays for them.

Honored Contributor

So  stripey cat is a bundle of allergies--all her body sounds and functions are just fine, no infections or enlarged nodes--she got an anti b shot that last 2 weeks, had her ears cleaned and found yeast and bacteria in them due to allergies, had a cati-pedi and now am giving her low dose anti histamines per day, which is what I thought she needed. $180 later-----omg !!!!!  They LOVE her at the vet--she is so sweet and just goes with the flow and no hissing,scratching devil cat-----during any of the stuff they do to her. They actually don't charge me for doing her ears or claws. And now with the new carpet , things should settle down for her. I hope---man she is a costly pet!!! 

pam

Respected Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

So  stripey cat is a bundle of allergies--all her body sounds and functions are just fine, no infections or enlarged nodes--she got an anti b shot that last 2 weeks, had her ears cleaned and found yeast and bacteria in them due to allergies, had a cati-pedi and now am giving her low dose anti histamines per day, which is what I thought she needed. $180 later-----omg !!!!!  They LOVE her at the vet--she is so sweet and just goes with the flow and no hissing,scratching devil cat-----during any of the stuff they do to her. They actually don't charge me for doing her ears or claws. And now with the new carpet , things should settle down for her. I hope---man she is a costly pet!!! 

pam

Red's vet $$ was $2500.00 for the pancreatitis episode in March.

I'm glad stripey cat will be feeling better and you too!

BC surgeon has a spa day 1x a year, in the morning, for all her active patients: beauty masks, massages, raffles, manicures, treats and Hors D'overes, coffee; I went last year w/my neighbor who is a survivor also.

Dr. comes with her daughters and visits everyone. It was fun, even if you had to have bc to be invited. This surgeon only works on bc patients.

Honored Contributor

mae--Oh I know about the $$ for vet bills--stripey cats teeth cost me $1500 just this past May. Lordy!!!!

Just waiting for the carpet guys to show up. /Everything is off the old rug and stacked in a couple rooms; I am in the kitchen so have that as my base. Stripey cat is going in her kennel in the master bath as soon as they get here. She has been have a cats valhalla poking her nose into every nook and cranny in the rooms that all the stuff is in now. Hubs did all his work to get ready for carpet too. He pulled up the old stuff to find big areas of dirt and old padding dust under it and oh my gosh---how disgusting!!! He was grossed out-------finally!! I felt like he wrote me a check for the whole amount and nary a discouraging word was uttered.  He thought this new carpeting was just something I wanted and not for the  good of the whole fam. What is it about mens brain and reason and logic sometimes?????????

Left the bedroom carpets alone, so that will be my thing next spring.Maybe this remodling thing will be easier for him to swallow.

We finally got rain yesterday after prob 3 months or more of dry and hot. Had an awful smoky, hazy day on Saturday, from the fires still, so this was very welcomed--even rained on the fires too. So it was easy to get started moving stuff around. Think I will take a few days to put stuff back and clean it well. My cleaning has been sporatic at best since my DX in 2012 and apparently no one but me........knows how to do any cleaning!!!!!! I HATE cleaning!!! 

OK so here I sit waiting----will send some pics of old,ugly, nasty carpet and new,lovely, fresh and clean carpet. Can't wait!!!!

pam

Respected Contributor

@wagirl   After a few days of $$ vet bills it began tofeel like Monopoly money; all I heard was ka- ching.  The good news is that our babies and Red is my baby, get better and share our lives for more time.

Lookig forward to seeing new carpet pics. Enjoy, and maybe stripey cat will have some left over new carpet for a clawing/scratching pole or pad.

Honored Contributor

20170917_211220.jpg20170919_074712.jpgOh happy day!!!!  My new carpeting is glorious!!!! So clean and bright ad very cushy. Stripey cat had a field day snarfing every inch of it. Took about 4 1/2  hrs and they cleaned up and hauled the nasty old away. The hubs was pretty amazed at how good it looks. Makes the old furniture look pretty good. Here are pics.  

The first pic is the nasty, horrible carpet-----yuk

2nd pic is the new clean, lovely carpet----and the angels are singing. 

So now I need to go vacuum it and move the stuff back------good excuse to dust and polish-----

pam

Respected Contributor

Pam - carpeting looks great!  There comes a point in the life of carpet where you just can't revive it anymore.  Out with the old and in with the new - lots of different sniffs for Stripey cat!  Love the color.  Clean really good so you wont have to until you get new carpet again, ha, ha ha!

Respected Contributor

Pam,carpeting looks great. Stripey cat is going to have a real good time. Glad she just has allergies. 

Ok, went to the oral surgeon today for evaluation for implants. I'm a candidate. Having it done after the Jewish Holidays. Was in the office for 2 hrs having panaramic and 3D films done and he explained everything to me. Getting 3 new choppers. Good thing I brought husband the dentist with me. He took off 400 for each implant. My husband can't practice here because he graduated from a foreign dental school. Trained in Paris and the ADA only allows American trained dentists. Now if your a foreign Dr you can  practice here. What's wrong with this picture.

Honored Contributor

Carpet envy.  💙💚💛💜

So Jackie, did he not know he couldn't get a job before he went to school?  What does he do for a living?  I'm confused, but it seems to take less these days.

Tomorrow is six month oncologist day.  I'm expecting it to be uneventful, but don't want to go.  I think it's because it feels impersonal.  Nurse takes weight, blood pressure, etc. and leaves; different nurse comes asks questions, goes through medical history and leaves; I undress and sit on table; Dr and another nurse come in.  He talks for about three minutes, then does exam.  He talks for another three minutes, then he and nurse leave.  After I get dressed, I wonder how did all that happen so fast.

Sister is still fighting with other lady.  She wants to move to another facility.  Then she switched and wants to go home.  Then she switched and wants to come home for a weekend to get some different clothes.  I have got to call that social worker.  They put the other place in her mind.  There would be no other way she'd know about it.  They need to undo what they did.  It's exhausting thinking about it.  Mother doesn't want her home.  We got rid of most of her clothes and I bought all new.  She calls five times a day and this is the only thing she wants to talk about.  I know I have to address it, but I don't know what to say.  If she was normal, I'd tell her like it is.