Respected Contributor

It's raining here. No big deal. Very humid though.

Pam sounds like you have a lot on your plate this week. 

Bow, thanks for the advice. I'll just have to find another way. Having my teeth and jaw intact is paramount right now.  I live on Andrew Lessman's supplements although I will admit that I do emergen C in water everyday. Gives me some pep and energy. I take his Ultimate Calcium Magnesium intensive care with Vitamin D3 and K2. If anyone wants to order his stuff this month I have a 20% off coupon code. It's good till the end of the month. Just let me know. 

Lannie I wouldn't hesitate in ordering his stuff for your sleep problems. 

Later

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN   I went through menopause early (45) and didn't take HRT.  I also had an underfunctioning thyroid for years.  I'm sure both of these contributed to my sketchy bone density.

It's been suggested that I take bone density medication, not once but twice.  First time my primary (who happens to be my gyno who treats me head to toe).  Just this year I let my endocrinologist talk me into my second dexa scan.

Of course, she called me and recommended I take bone density medication.  I asked her how the clinical trial was going.  She said what clinical trial.  I said that one that you were advertising on a flyer in the exam rooms last year.  I took a pic of the flyer with my phone - it's the one called "Pathogenesis of Atypical Femur Fractures in Long Term Bisphosphonate Therapy".  I said you remember - it had a picture of the X-ray with the broken femur?

She got really quiet.  I told her, I reread all the studies again.  The only doctor I never minded going to my entire life with my dentist, endodontist and orthodontist.

I don't think I can handle it if my dentist is afraid to touch me.

I said, I've booked the clinical trial information and will await the outcome.

FYI - the clinical trial is at a local hospital

My fear of that class of medication is stronger than my fear of a broken bone.  I take strontium once a day and caltrate D3 once a day and I get calcium and vitamin D from One A Day vitamins and food.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

GCR - you made the only decision that was right for her and still is and yes, it is a hard one to make.  I am just sorry that the conservator is not doing his job.  I would ask him why these (specific) things are not getting done.

I am going to visit my friend "up north" this weekend, the one with dementia.  My sister visits her almost every day.  

The latest is that she has now won the the lottery three different times, and my sister and I shouldn't worry because she will "take care of us".  By the way, she is now the richest person in the US.  She is getting married to the 19 yr old orderly at the nursing home (she is 71) and is overjoyed about it.  Wanted my sister to come back later yesterday for cake.  Then, believe it or not, my sister felt guilty about not going back later, because she might be expecting her.  I said, she won't notice you are not there.  There will be no cake unless you bring one.

It will be very interesting to see if she recognizes me.  I only see her once or twice a year now, but we used to all go out fishing together and hang out when we went up there on vacation.  Now my sister lives up there.

Jackie, yes i would like the code, but you might get poofed like Pam did - you rebels!

bow - Andrew's sleep formula has valerian in it and the other one made a point somewhere of saying it doesn't.  Do you know why it might not be good to take?

Pam - a real dry spell for you!  Oh how I would love to look at that glassware/dishes you have!  I had to downsize on that kind of stuff also because it wasn't being used, but I just love those kinds of things.

I think Goldie is MIA again!

Honored Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

lannie---I will take pictures of the glassware and post them for youto see. I really loved all that too and went thru a spell of collecting depression glass----that never gets used-----see a theme here?? DD wants some of my dep glass but would like to sell the rest--I'll take pics of them too. Also have Princess House crystal stuff from the 70's that I have used a little but again--just collecting dust. Am over all that and have moved on to fiestaware dishes that make me smile as they are so happy and bright.

By the way----I got poofed for potty mouth---jackie can write everything out and prob do fine!!

I don't like melatonin; makes me feel like I'm drunk in the a.m. DD is allergic to valerian. Not sure  what the difference is. Also maybe research the ingredients on that product and see if you can find one similar. I researched the Boku sleep powder to the Dr Joes, on E%v=ine, and they are both just about the same thing and price.

Respected Contributor

Use 173953. Hope this goes through. If not I'm sure someone posted it on the web. 

Birdmama, my teeth are fragile and I'm not afraid of a femur fracture. You really have to fall good to get one. I'm not at that stage yet. In the future I may need implants so I'm holding on to my jaw. No oral surgeon will touch me. 

Valued Contributor

Lannie....the following comes from Suzy's Archives about valerian:

http://suzycohen.com/articles/natural-sleep-aid-valerian-must-be-used-with-caution/

Valued Contributor

Lannie....this is also from her archives which you might find interesting reading.

http://suzycohen.com/articles/prescription-sleeping-pills-and-natural-remedies-for-rest/

Valued Contributor

Lannie.....I follow Dr. Axe as well.  Definitely  read the following.   In fact, read this one first if you only have time to read one thing....read this one.   This is your explanation:

https://draxe.com/valerian-root/

Honored Contributor

OMG, you all talking vitamins has my head spinning.  Are you talking English.  I take d3 5000 mg, multi vit, calcium.  Is that not enough?  I need Jackie's pep.

I also need to drink what your friend is drinking Lannie.  I need to win the lotto and get a 19 year old.  💃💃💃💃

Pam, you are wearing me out.  Can you go b to Comcast and yell at them for mothers cable bill?  She pays between $180 - $230.  She doesn't know why it varies.  She watches tv for an hour a day.  That's needed addressing for a while.  The time has come.  Let me know how it works out.

Maybe I'm just tired... Birdmama, I was trying to follow.  No comprende.  Today was a long day at work.  Tomorrow is going to be just as bad.  It's past my bedtime too.

Valued Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I don't know that anyone here will have the answer to my inquiry.  I learned something that was really upsetting to me today.  The department I work in has lots of people - we occupy more than one floor in a building.  I learned today that a woman I speak to often (we are not close though) is going through cancer treatment, with her 16 year old daughter.

As I understand it, the little girl (16 is a baby to me) was a heavy bleeder during her cycle.  She was experiencing severe pain around the Easter holiday, her Ma took her to doctor, doctor recommended ER and one thing led to another and a diagnosis of uterine cancer.  

Has anyone heard of a child developing uterine or reproductive cancer?  As I understand it, a female cousin on her father's side (it would be her paternal aunt's daughter) that is a year or so (14 or 15) was also diagnosed with uterine cancer.

There's no other way to say it - I'm stupified.  

I know I'm a day late and a dollar short but I read about a little girl eight years old was diagnosed with ovarian cancer.  In other words if you've got one, you can get cancer in it. 

Goldie