Valued Contributor

hi, Graciesmom, I'm hoping and praying you get good news today. I'm doing ok on the femara, I get terrible hot flashes but I have no choice , just fan myself! Lol 

when a hot flash hits, the sweat literally drips off my head. So much for trying to fix my hair. But I can deal with this better than the horrors of chemo infusions. 

My chickens just started laying again last weekend. They don't lay at all when the days are so short. But this year they started laying again on the same day, kinda strange. 

Well my batteries just died.

later 

Goldie

Valued Contributor

Goldie I too had very severe hot flashes followed by chills and sometimes nausea after beginning Anastrozole. I couldn't sleep and I was so uncomfortable at work! My doctor prescribed paraxatine to help relieve the symptoms. We had to adjust the dosage til we found the amount that worked. It lessened the flashes considerably and I am able to deal with them now. Ask your doctor. Good luck. Em

Honored Contributor

Birdmama, I told my mother I don't work this hard at home.  We did odds n ends today.  My mother's dog started barking at 6am.  At 7am, I tied her outside and to my joy she kept on barking.  Brought her back in and she went back to bed, but I couldn't get back to sleep.  That kinda killed my mojo.  I couldn't get it out of first gear today.  I'm hoping to have a more productive day tomorrow.

Graciesmommy, did you get test results today?

My blood thinner test dropped to 3.0 this week.  Chemo Dr was happy.  The first toe that turned red is still red and a little sore.  I see the rheumatologist on Tuesday for follow-up on my toe.  He's going to want to put me on methotrexate, but I don't want any new pills. 

Valued Contributor

Happy Weekend Everyone!

Thanks for all of your prayers and good vibes--they worked! My PET scan results were a bit better than they were 3 months ago--the cancerous lesion on my omentum is "glowing" less--it seems doctors assign numerical values to the amount of "glow" to a tumor in PET scans--last time my lesion was glowing at a #15---this time it is less--at #11.5---YAY! It is not smaller--size is the same--but it's good news that the glow is less--which means less cancerous cell activities. Aside from that, it has not spread--no other cancers appeared!!! And so, the Femara is doing it's job.

However--and there's always a "however" with me--my oncologist wants me to have an MRI on March 24th. She wants to see if the lesion that is sitting on my omentum (on top of my transverse colon) is moving downward towards my colon--can't tell from a PET scan--she wants to know if it is just sitting on the very top of the soft tissue or if it is starting to invade it--which would not be good. She was glad that I'm feeling well, except for the irritable bowel flares--that I'm not bleeding or having pain--all good signs. She said she is optimistic about me and then gave me a hug!!! I'm relieved that I'm moving in a good direction--and that I do not need a colonoscopy, just an MRI.

Still on edge waiting for my brother's biopsy results--he should get them on Monday or Tuesday. We are all worried, but if it's anything serious, at least it was caught early. I will post as soon as we get the word.

Goldie--I get hot flashes too--but I don't sweat---I think the longer the Femara is taken, the side effects become less. I don't get as many flashes as I used to--and I've been taking Femara for 17 months now. I also have insomnia since taking it--that has not gotten better. However, since I am retired, I can nap whenever I want to---I don't want to take any drugs for sleep--I'm taking enough pills!

Again, thanks for everyone's friendship, care and concern about me (and my brother)!!!!!!!! I will keep everyone posted.

God Bless!!

Respected Contributor

WEll Graciesmom that is certainly good news. Funny, I got a pin from the Padre Pio assiciation yesterday. I took it as a sign that everything would be OK. And yesterday you got your results so my prayers were answered.

Valued Contributor

You are so sweet Jackie!!! Thank you for praying to Padre Po for me--love the story about the pin you received!

Last week I got a "penny from heaven"--I'm pretty sure it was from my Mom--trying to tell me not to worry so much. I'm keeping it in my wallet as a good luck charm.

Enjoy the weekend!!

Valued Contributor

Graciesmom, so glad you got good news! You n I are on femera and if it works on you then it will work on me right? Lol

everybody else hanging together? It was a beautiful day in Oklahoma today.

Goldie

Honored Contributor

Great news Graciesmommy.

Took the kids to see sister today.  She was happy to see them.  All she talked about is going home.  She wants me to find a lawyer she can hire to get herself out of prison.  She told the kids they are probably the only ones in school with a mother in prison.  I wasn't sure if she was joking or not.  At one point weeks ago she really did think she was in prison.  She was a tiny bit confused, but not like she was in the early days.  That has me confused and second guessing things.

I cleaned the cellar like a woman possessed today.  I wasn't into it, but powered through.  Tomorrow is finishing up things.  Since it's a day of rest, I'll only work half a day.  Then Monday is go home day, yay.  I can only imagine how things have stacked up.  I'll get home around 5.  Not looking forward to getting up early Tuesday and going to work.  I have to leave work a little early to see the rheumatologist.

Valued Contributor

Need some prayers ladies for our family. My husband's brother passed away suddenly and our family is stunned. It will be a difficult week. Tonight while at a family gathering I tripped over my nephews shoes and broke my ankle in front of 15 family members. My poor husband spent half the day on the phone today with the funeral parlor and his brothers 4 children. Tonight he spent with me getting xrays. I have a splint and crutches and need to see my orthopedic doctor on Monday. Funeral could be in Florida or New Jersey that will be decided tomorrow. Of course we don't live in either of those states. Don't know if I will be able to attend I am not doing well on the crutches. I was told not to put any weight on my foot. So prayers that everything goes smoothly and to ease the pain and grief would be helpful. Em

Honored Contributor

Sorry Em.  Having sudden loss, wanting to support your DH, then injuring yourself.  That's a lot to take in.  You will know the right decision and it may end up concentrating on you and your health.  Jackie will get her padro on speed dial.  Pam can help with the pain and healing.

Did the hospital mention anything about a manual scooter?  A couple people at work injured their foot and had this scooter thing they kneeled on with the bad leg and pushed it with the other foot.  I know I'm probably not describing it well.  That kept weight off the one foot and they got around well.