Respected Contributor

Pam congrats with the pension. It sounds about right. I had to wait 3 months for my first check with retro payments. They told us you better have money to cover your bills I was in the old pension plan. 25/55 so we were all 55. My stupid girlfriend didn't save a dime and ended up charging everything. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

@jackie---thanks friend!!  Well I didn't even realize I was getting this monthly thing---thanks to my inept lawyers-- and I am sure the "idiot" didn't know either. Seems like I have earned it just from these past months tho--I have done a lot of calling and asking questions of the various entities that are around all this--seems like I would get a  tiny morsel of info from each of these many people-- not one seemed to know the whole story to be able to let me know what my options are/were. But I do now!!! My brain is mush tho----Woman Frustrated

It's grey and cool and cloudy with a chance of sprinkles today--such a nice change but there is more summer coming for the weekend. The Blue Angels are here for the last of our Seafair month. The hydroplane races happen on Sunday  and the Angels do a show over Lake Washington. It is spectacular and loud. here are a few pics.

this one is the hydroplane3367040a.jpghydro.jpgUsually there are 6 Blues. Amazing air- o- batics!!!

Valued Contributor

Hi ladies! Just decided to check in and say hello. I am doing very well, waiting for my covid experience. My son who lives at home had a severe case in the middle of July. My husband has covid now, so I'm waiting for my turn. My husband and I are vaxed  and boostered.  My son isn't. I have been directly exposed three times and still hope that my luck won't run out. We are expecting our third granddaughter in December after three years, $30,000 and fertility doctor's expertise.What a blessing for our family! I never imagined that process would be such an emotional process filled with so many ups and downs. My DIL had4 IVI procedures, two surgeries and two IVF procedures before becoming pregnant. We have a lot to be thankful for. I was sad to hear about Goldie, I wondered about her often.     Em

Honored Contributor

@embgm ----good to hear from you!! How exciting about the new grandbaby! And OMG--what a process for her mom and dad  to get her here! My fave nephew and wife are expecting their 2nd in December--a girl too!

Well I hope you are lucky to get  passed over by covid---geez--think we all will end up getting it sometime, you know? Me and DD have not yet---, my brother and wife have not yet, but all others in the family did. all are vaxed and boosted except for the young kids. am hoping pregnant niece stays safe----

Yes, it was too bad about goldie altho I figured she might have passed --it had been many years since she posted.

So come back to chat--not many are still posting--Woman Embarassed

PAM 

Honored Contributor

@Gracies Mom   I am so sorry to read the news about Goldie however I thank you for sharing it.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Hi em and birdie - So good to hear from you both!  I was sad hearing about Goldie also, she was our cheerleader many time when we were going through our treatments. 
I used to code for our Fertlity department and know what some of these patients go through, not an easy road for them, requires lots of patience and determination. All worth it though when they get a good result!

I was exposed to COVID last month and fortunately did not get it. I'm still very careful and wear a mask when going out.
I'm in a depression I just can't shake and will be asking my dr for an antidepressant next week when I see her.  I have no motivation to do anything, no energy anyway, can't sleep. My options are probably Zoloft or Paxil, never been on either.  I am on Cymbalta which helps a little with some anxiety, but this chronic depression is too much. 

Also, I'm finding people to be crabbier - or is it just me?  I fully admit to being crabby and seem to have alienated friends and family. 🤨 just trying to survive. 😫

Honored Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

@HerRoyaLioness   In case the moderators are checking the thread - this response is not political. 

I've never seen the world through rose colored glasses.  That said, I was clearly operating under some delusion that folks in general would pull together for the greater good during a pandemic.  Was a bitter pill to swallow when I realized I was giving a majority of folks more credit than they deserved.

It's not you - there's like an atmosphere or dense fog of anger that seems to be lingering in the country.  Sure I could generalize that it's worldwide but I live in this country and can only speak to that.

I'm happy to read that you avoided catching covid.  I've been shot up 4X now and had some kind of reaction every single time.  I'm fairly confident I wouldn't die if I caught it however I'm trying to avoid long hauler.  I'm an introvert by nature so it was easy for me to adapt.  I understand it was hard on my more sociable brothers and sisters out there.

It's good that you are going to talk to your doctor.  We continue to be in a pandemic and now we got the monkeypox taking hold.  There's just alot to process on any given day.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama ---HI birdie!! Good to hear from you!!

I have so far, knocking on wood--avoided covid this long but still do practice masking and avoiding crowds and that usually means not going anywhere most times. I pretty much agree with your statement. I have been dealing with huge amounts of anger and stress, from this past year of going thru a divorce-- dealing with lawyers and financial people  and trying to figure out what I should do next---makes me angry and crabby and just plan worn out from the ridiculousness all this nonsense is. I would rather stay home with stripey cat--she makes me tow the line---Cat LOL I can't explain why people are so mean and nasty---seems like there is a pandemic of blindness and brainwashing going around, plain common horse sense is gone-----

glad to hear from you!!!

PAM 

Honored Contributor

@wagirl  I did read that you got your divorce and I'm happy for you.  You were in that relationship a long time and it's gonna take more than a minute to get your bearings and figure out the way forward.  

I'm in SE Michigan and I never stopped masking in public - not even in early summer 2021 when everyone thought this was behind us.  I was double masking then briefly went to single masking.  I've been double masking more often then not - it's become habit and natural to me.  So far, I've dodged coronavirus although it's getting trickier Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

So happy to hear from you guys. Sometimes I think Pam and I were deserted. Em what a small world. Congrats and we are expecting our second grandchild through IVF too. Birdie how wonderful to hear from you. 

OK Lannie let's see if I can help just a little. I've been on Paxil since 2000when I hurt my back, and menopause. I love the drug only because it takes the edge off. I'm on 10mg and increase it when I need it. I will go up to 15mg. Trust me this is a low dosage. I started out with 20mg but I was zonked out. It will take 2-3 for it to work. Trust me I know what you are feeling. The anxiety is overwhelming and it's hard to shut off. Talking does help. I honestly didn't want to leave the house. I was afraid that I would get an attack but it never happened. Once I'm out I'm fine. 

Please girlfirend don't go through this by yourself.We love you and have been through so much together with our cancers. When your having an attack just write. I will answer..