Honored Contributor

@JackieHN ---Yes I do take omeprozole but seems after a few months even that doesn't do much--same thing happens with aleve---so no more just tylenol for me.  I think that is mainly my stomach issues---gastric irritation explains things exactly!!!

Yes, I think after I finally get the "idiots" pension I am entitled too, I will talk to a tax person about my options. Just paperwork holding up everthing as usual-----Cannot tell you how I look forward to all that being over with!!!

Was a very nice spring weekend here--DD and I walked alot around town--we normally go for fresh produce --I do order groceries online but sometimes they don't pick out very good stuff--- it was sunny and in the mid 60's. Then I cooked a chuck roast for dinner--turned out so good!! We had french dip sammies with fresh green salad and delicious pineapple and strawberries. Have enough beef left for  pot pie  and maybe soup.

Respected Contributor

Pam i started off taking 40mg of the generic via script. I swear the stuff didn't work. I told my friends I'm buying the OTC and only had to take 20mg of Prilosec. These generic drugs are for the birds. And lord help you if you need them for depression or anxiety. Your up the creek. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

Yes, I take 40mg of generic for Prilosec---just gotta stop with the nsaids period. It works fine except when I lose my mind and forget what the dang things do to my gut! And the tylenol does a great job for me anyway----Need some mental floss to clear my brain out!!!

Respected Contributor

Hello ladies. Finally had my hair done. Just said i wanted it shaped. Well that went out the window. It's short again. Anyway, it felt good to be out. 

My friends with covid are still hacking away My poor cousin has bronchitis from it. Lord I don't wish this on anyone. Everyone is in bed riding it out. They all said the same thing. Feels like the flu. One is on antivirals because she is high risk. She said these pills are terrible. The other friends refused because of the side effects.

Pam I love NSaids. They work so well. But it will kill your stomach for sure even with Prilosec. 

Honored Contributor

jackie---hate to say this but think we all will be hit by covid sooner or later--i got 2 notices that tell me I am ready for #2 booster this month, so will set it up.

Oh my hair----------just drives me crazy ---need another cut but back to finding someone to cut it my way----which isn't rocket science at all.

Yes NSAIDS work great for pain---however they shred my stomach--takes me a couple weeks to get my gut back to normal. Need a good pre/pro biotic again----

this past weekend was lovely here--sunny days. Today--it's raining pigs and chickens!!

One of the resident ducks just had 11 babies in the last couple days!!! OMG--they are so cute---

Saw my #1 brother and wife as well as my younger brother and wife--first time in over 2 years--had lunch and then just chatted for awhile----SIL gave me a pot full of lily bulbs!!! good grief---they look like aliens as they were growing in that covered pot in a plastic bag--all white and that very pale yellow that plants get when they are deprived of sunlight---I planted them right away so will see if the recover. Now I will  have lilies EVERYWHERE or hopefully will, come June/July!!!

Supposed to get a pension paperwork packet this week to set up my own account for the $$ that "dumb a$$" still owes me----will this ever end????

someone please remind me to just breathe!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Pam it sounds like you had a lovely weekend. Your lucky that you have the talent to grow things. I can kill a cactus. 

I'm not that fussy when it comes to my hair. Just get the bloody gray out. It had to be shaped. It was very bushy. My beautcian said his medication was not working like it did. He's on lexapro for anxiety. Also just got a divorce. I told him these generics are for the birds. You may have to increase your dosage but speak to your Dr first. Ha I wish he told me before he had the scissors in his hand. 

All with covid here are improving except for my cousin who had it 3 months ago. Still with the bronchitis. He's on prednisone, Zpack which he should have finished and a nebulizer. I said it's going to take time.

Husband's birthday is on Sat. Anniversary is on Thurs. He wants to eat out both days. I just keep on saying. 8.1 which is his A1C. We'll go out for his birthday. He eats all of the wrong food. 

Nothing else planned except for washing floors. Today was laundry day. My life is so exciting!!!

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN --yes it was nice to see everyone---we went out for lunch and had dessert back at DB/SIL's  house---

Made an appointment for my hair for next Wednesday--the shop is 5 minutes away from where I live. Went to this place a few times a few years ago and was not impressed---maybe there will be someone who can cut my hair decently--will make sure I am not speaking in tongues as to not confuse anyone as to what I want.

Just raining---again---- here today. and chilly--only in the 50's.

Have a lingering headache from an ocular  migraine yesterday--ever hear of that? Starts out as kind of a zigzag spot that floats in my vision that is sparkly and makes it hard to see thru--only a small spot tho--it lasts about 1/2 hour and then I get a headache in the back of my head. been to the eye dr and it is not a detached retina---then  going to my primary dr for her to check out my stomach--been feeling better but want to see if she can find anything before I go to my gastro dr--. then off to see the ortho dr for my very painful left miniscus and my equally sore right shoulder---then In June will go see my onc dr maybe for the last time, as this year is  10 years since my cancer was dx---wow thats alot!!

My floors need to be cleaned too---Man Very Happy

Respected Contributor

pam to tell yoou the truth I had to look it up. Don't know that much about migraines. Lot's of triggers like stress, and lack of sleep besides around 10 others. Can you remember what started the headache?? a smell, bright light?? Trreatment, take NSaid according to what I read. As far as your stomach, your primary can't do a whole lot except draw some bloods, and telol you to continue with the prilosec. Your GI Dr will have more answers once he does an endoscopy. However they all like recent lab work. 

This is the second week that they are replacing all of the pipes in the street. No water from 7am-3pm. Husband said to me what are you doing. I said filling the tub up with water for the toilet. Won't be able to go to breakfast tomorrow because they are blocking off the garage. The streets are torn up.

Oh my girlfriend is hysterical. She got covid took Paxlovid and she has has rebound. Covid test first came back negative and she started feeling sick again. Took another test and it's positive. I just told her. Call your Dr tomorrow. She's very overweight and has diabetes.

Hope wveryone had a lovely mother's day.

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN --the funny sparkly dots that block my vision starts the whole process for me, nothing warns me except the dots appearing--then after about 1/2 hour my vision clears and then is when I get the headache--usually not a bad one but the one on Saturday put me down for a few hours. Had a tiny one Sunday too and just a little bit of a headache, but still wiped me out until later in the late afternoon. and can't take the Nsaids either, altho I did take one Aleve on Saturday. So far I feel better. I think my chiro must have really whaled on these old bones when I saw him Friday, especially my neck----will have to tell him to be more gentle with this delicate flowerWoman Wink

went to see my orthopedic dr yesterday about my knees and shoulder--will go in for shot in a few weeks on the shoulder, then 6 weeks of p/t for my knees--- Knees are a different story--thought it was the meniscus that were the problem but dr thinks its more about the patella so will try to build up the weak side before doing anymore invasive stuff---it was  all that walking up and down stairs carrying boxes to move in and out of houses these last years have done a nnumber on them

since I was a slug for Moms day--my kids are taking me out for a meal after their work day, today---sunday evening, DD and I did manage to walk about 5 minutes away to a new ice cream shop where we live---they make non dairy ice cream as well as reg kind. got me  tiny scoop of Jam tart ice cream--it also had bits of shortbread cookie and lemon curd along with some jam--OMG--was devine!!! 

You got water problems, I have tiny moisture ants in my tiny kitchen!!!! so now the counters are clear of everything --nasty things were all over and IN my stove top too. Having the guys come do a spray job first then the bug people will come back Friday---never had them last year. Had them for years at my house until I told the "idiot" that if he didn't take care of it, there would be crunchy black "pepper" in his sammies---actually I took care of it but he paid for monthly pest spray----say it with me---"IDIOT" !!!!!!!

I have heard about some people catching covid again---feel bad for anyone,  but for another round so fast--hope she listen to you!!

cool and grey and wet here today---feels like late winter still---need some sun!!!

Respected Contributor

Pam we certainly are the walking wounded. The golden years my tush. I never had so many aches and pains in my entire life. 

Well at least you'll have your ant problem taken care of. Being on the 5th floor never saw any.

Sign in the elevator last night. No water from 7am-3pm. No bells, you will not be able to enter or exit the garage. Just another day in Brooklyn. They had all of the old pipes lined up in the street. Rotten to the core. They must have been over a hundred years old. So now I believe the work is done.