Respected Contributor

Pam - Jackie is right, a thin lining is a good lining at your age and stage of life!!

Well, my scan is over, now just playing the waiting game for results.  She had to stick me twice for the IV - I felt like crying, I'm so done with needles from my cancer complications and hematoma and seromas and biopsies.

Couldn't have anything to eat 3 hrs before - fortunately my diabetes didn't cause problems.

Had to drink 2 bottles of water in 45 minutes and hold it until the scan was done.  Thankfully they have a restroom right in the the scanning room!  All in all went ok.  I get so anxious over these things.

Next month is the cyctoscopy, not looking forward to that.

It is so cold here, below zero temps.  Haven't gone out much.  

Pam - let us know when it is legally done - we'll have a party!

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN --Got told by dr that even tho the lining was at 5mm this time--they still like it under that--and compared to last year when I had the D & C, it was 10mm. No results yet----

@HerRoyaLioness -- glad that part is over for you--I HATE all the dang poking that has to be done---and waiting--always with the waiting---can you get results online or will they "call" you----don't know what the cyctoscopy is so will look that up----

Weather here is chilly and very foggy--have a stagnant air advisory until tomorrow--but it is not raining just very grey and gloomy, like my brain from all this divorce stuff---geez!!! 

Honored Contributor

I talked to social security yesterday a.m.--had this phone appt since the end of Nov---but got a very decent woman who seemed to know her stuff--had to fill out more of my info for medicare and got  a rough estimate of my extra spousal support I get--not alot per month as I retired early. Have 2 forms I need to send to them and one of them is the proof of employment. I filled that one out weeks ago and sent it to CM--(crazy monkey) office but never got any response back so I called them and got a very nice lady who said she would make sure it got filled out and mailed back--why did I not do that sooner? then had to send in my marriage license to the local SS office to get that part done for the benefits--mailed it all yesterday so should get things back very soon.  

Now have to meet my new lawyer to figure out the next steps---was really hoping by this time, all would be over. There are a few snags to deal with too---all one CM's end--if he had just an ounce of decency and consideration, this would be done---he has none in any strand of DNA---Karma, baby----just another notch in the karma belt-----

Respected Contributor

Well lannie one down and one to go. Here's one for the books. The urologist that I went to at the hospital scheduled my cystoscope during my lunch hour at work. Yup had it done and went back to work. Not the most pleasant test but not that bad. i had a stricture that had to be stretched.                             Pam I did all of my SS on the phone. I wasn't going down there to sit for hours. It's almost over.

Honored Contributor

good morning all--

I met my new chiro dr yesterday---as per my foot drs advice---he was pretty good and very nice and  I like him. He will be a good alternative to my beloved chiro--who is having a baby next month and will be gone until the fall--and I can walk to his office--that will save me about $35 in Uber fees. He used a laser light on my numb fingertips and also on my very sore meniscus on both knees- from limping as my right toes hurt---geez--what a mess!! He also worked on my ankle and my toes---wants me in once a week for a few weeks--felt like I'd been hit by a truck last night but feel pretty good this a.m.AND.......got my results back from my biopsy and all is just fine-----so onward and upward. 

No word from new lawyer-------so divorce is still in limbo!!!! So blasted ANNOYING!!!!

Respected Contributor

Well, definitely kidney stones - one large in each kidney and some small ones and the problem one that has come out of the kidney and is deciding to stay stuck in the top of the tube that goes down to the bladder.  The surgery/procedure to try and get it out is scheduled for this coming Wed, Feb 2.  General anesthesia.  She will do the cytoscopy while I'm out also.  I have to go for a COVID test on Sun. They will discuss the other stones when I'm done with this issue.  It never quits for us does it.  Just very glad I'm not in excruciating pain like I usually am when a stone comes down and gets stuck.

Pam, glad your biopsy was ok and you like your new chiro so far.  Gosh Uber is expensive - do you have any other type of transportation?  If I was there I would gladly take you for free!

Jackie - a cysto and then back to work?!?  No no no, not fair, not fair at all.  It's like something I read on Instagram - "My husband and I have a bad cold.  He's in the bedroom dying and I'm cleaning the kitchen"

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness ---glad you know what you are dealing with, at least----and really glad the pain is ------less??? Have never had those little monsters--knocking on wood-------still need to research the other thing you will be having done but great that can be done as well--

Yes got the final, official word from the dr, about  the biopsy yesterday--- after I sent them a message to get back to me with a definitive explanation---won't get the pap results for another week.

No,  not really any other way to get around for me, even the buses don't run thru town anymore--all routes have been cut--and my family all works so Uber is my only choice--am not planning on getting a car--- those days are over for me-- thanks for your offer tho!!!Woman Wink

Did finally talk to my legal person, about that--THING-- I'm still going thru- good grief!----still am waiting for the idiot's  lawyer to get me my 1/2 of the pension. It needs to be set up in an account for me  and is so stated in the final docs we both signed, so idiot will have to pay for all that--not me. Am in a constant state or waiting----- I HATE waiting!!!Smiley Mad

Respected Contributor

Good news Pam and you too Lannie. OK I prayed to the beloved Padre Pio that it wasn't cancer. I didn't mention stones. Your loaded but they will take care of it. So the little bugger is stuck in the uretha. No wonder your in so much pain. All of the water in the world wouldn't have gotten it out.  Yup given bactrim and motrin and went back to work. You think they gave us sedation then. NOPE. Anyway I probably said something stupid like just do it. I already had two of them. I was never given any sedation for a cystoscope. Oh you can handle it.

Impressive snow storm here. I don't know how many inches we got. 

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN ---was wondering about the weather where you are---didn't watch the news to follow the storm. You nurses are tough as nails!!!!! Bless you all!!!

DD got her booster on Friday--man alive , it knocked her on her tookus--she got  pfizer the first 2x but decided to go for the moderna and it has been awful for her----can't sleep, aches and pains and nausea on and off and she got chills too altho no fever. Really haven't heard much about how people do combining like that--my 3rd modern gave me a headache is all--but her gyn said she should expect something like this-----so she takes ibuprophen mostly---hopefully today will be better.

thanks for the good juju!! Heart

Respected Contributor

Well Pam I already had two cystoscopes so I knew what to expect. Trust me most nurses are not brave at all. Dr's are worse. 

I don't like the idea of mixing it up with the two . I hope she's feeling better. Trust me it was difficult getting the moderna booster here. Pfizer was no problem. Husband and I had no reaction but it's not uncommon.

Lannie I hope your going to get some help at home when you return from the hospital. Honey your going to be sore.

Its really cold here. Which of course means everything is ice outside. It could have been a lot worse