Respected Contributor

Pam - My daughter used an external hard drive but for laptops you can use a transfer cable I think - hopefully your daughter will know. My technological knowledge ends after I buy it!!!  
Another dreary but humid day here.

Jackie, it was wonderful to get out, but I still worry about the Delta virus. I just found out someone I know got it from a coworker, spread around the whole office.  I don't think it will ever be safe with only a little over 50% vaccinated in the US and so many thinking masks don't help so they don't wear them. Can't fix stupid is so true. 

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness ----ooohhh mmyy goosshhh---took me 15 minutes to get from my homepage to these boards!!!!!!   So sorry for harp on this but geez!! Yes will get DS to help, I've decided---just don't want to transfer any bugs from this one to the new one. And  I found the paperwork for this laptop--it only has 4 gb of memory and 500 gb of hard drive---my new one has 20gb of memory and 1tb of hard drive----a HUGE  difference--- so not surprised it is exhausted--poor old thing----only 2 more days til it gets  to me!!!!!

today is foggy and chilly but will be nice later and then all week will be in the low 50s daytime and in the 30-40s range with rain here and there at night. Snow in the mountains too.

Fall is here. Am glad-----

yes I am very careful about going out still altho I do go out  few times a week, just being careful---wear my mask everywhere and wipe  down the things I touch as well as use sanitizer alot still----I agree about the stupid epidemic-----and not too sympathetic about those dumb a**es that get sick because they didn't get the shot---so easy to do!!!! 

Honored Contributor

good morning all----

HurrayWoman LOL---got my new laptop yesterday!!!!! Just put on a temp anti virus so I can use it and DS will come over to do the actual set-up this weekend----cannot tell you what a difference this new baby is!!! So fast and new and beautiful---golly I LOVE new tech stuff!!! Think I will keep the old one as a back up---will reset it to factory settings---well my son will---and just hang on to it.

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Went to the hair salon for a cut yesterday and FINALLY got the cut I have been trying to decribe for years now----it looks great, short and layered on the sides  with the back stacked---- no more long stringy, straight hair----just drove me crazy.

whats up with everyone? 

Respected Contributor

Sorry I haven't written I've been a bit depressed. It looks like my girlfriend is getting dementia. She's confused about everything. She had trouble with her pension check and wanted me to go down to the Pension folks. I said no bloody way. Everything can be done over the phone. They do everything on the phone. The majority of the city retirees here are living elsewhere. She claims she was waiting 4 hrs on hold. That's a bloody lie. I called them 3 different times and only waited an hour or two. So she went down there on your own and screwed everything up. They gave her forms to fill out to get notorized and I asked her what the forms were. She said she didn't know. My friend the notory said the forms were for direct deposit. it seems her checking account is screwed up. My friend said something is very wrong with her. She has no family here. It's only us. 

Otherwise I went to get my hair done, going for a flu shot tomorrow. 

Pam good luck with your computer.

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN --ah geez, jackie, sorry about your friend----so hard when those things happen --but knowing you, you will be there to help out----that's your jam, friend!!! Like it or not-----

remember my friend that I told you she looked way  older than me due to her bad health the past few years---she's in her late 50's and she fell at her beach house and broke her foot---anyway she had surgery 2 weeks ago, went back to see her dr yesterday--and the screw that was holding a bone in place , well that bone moved out of place so now she goes back for surgery on it on Monday--- and of course will be more invasive as they have to fish all that metal out of her foot to repair it-------

Yes this new laptop is pretty nice and so fast. And DD figured out the mess that "numbnuts" lawyer did on sending  the 116 questions for me to answer, so now I can get going on it---what a train wreck of a jumbled mess---sent 50 pages and many of those pages cut off a few questions at the bottom of each one, so I  went from #75 to #77  and no #76------maybe that is a good sign --numbnuts and his incompentent lawyer-----both need a whack of my 2 x 4---Woman Mad give me strength------

Honored Contributor

hello all--

well nuts--found a few hard, sore, bumps in my left side where the cancer was---in my armpit and around the mastectomy scar--been so sore and tender for almost 2 weeks but will go in to see my onc dr today-----just to check---that area has always been a little tender from the hacking and cutting---I don't let this type of things go for long--hopefully nothing awful--that's all I need!!! will let you knowWoman Sad

Respected Contributor

Pam - wishing you well - hope it is just soreness or adhesions from the surgery.

Let us know - will check in tomorrow to see how things went. HeartHeart

Honored Contributor

HerRoyaLioness ---yes all is good

-----Dr.  couldn't feel any weird lumps/bumps ---I recently was on my belly on a hard table, for an exam of how my legs,knees, ankles bend for the foot dr--I know, sounds weird---- but just don't have any padding on my chest anymore and prob bruised my ribs and surrounding tissue--when I go to my chiro, the same thing happens--that area has always been tender from the mastectomy anyway-----but Dr was pretty sure about it not being anything---am relieved----it feels better everyday. Guess I need to bring a foam pad for my chest when I have to do that kind of thing----thanks for the good thoughts!! 

Respected Contributor

Oh goodness Pam just read this. Glad everything is OK. I had something similar. My Dr said to me. Just follow the suture lines. You can get adhesions. That's what it was. That's probably what you felt. 

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN ---Have always been tender on that side after the cutting and hacking--same with the right side too. Having no boobs is mostly fine--however there is no padding so those hard tables just kill me. but was told by my first onc dr---if there is something unusual for 2 weeks--get in to see about it, don't wait. And that's what I do.

No it felt like a bruise feels --very tender to the touch but there was no bruise coloring, then the bump I felt in my armpit was my rib-----so I am relieved. 

Holy cow --just got a high wind warning starting tomorrow for my area---supposed to get a significant wind event--downed trees, lost power, damage to buildings possible. glad there are no huge trees around me anymore!!!