Respected Contributor

Pam - I got a Dell all in one and love it. I think I posted a pic, but that was a while back.  Got it from Best Buy on sale. 
my ipads I can carry around with me and my iPhone of course, but wanted a computer without the big tower and don't like laptops, so this fit the bill perfectly.

And Just make sure it isn't your carrier that's giving you the problems. 

way way too hot today for September 19 👎🏻

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness ----yes you did post a pic---am trying to discide what brand to buy. Mine is a Lenovo laptop, which I do love, but my screen will freeze on the page I'm on---then  I get the rotating circle, then the hand with the pointy finger that will kick me off altogether--then I get ---microsoft edge not responding----it's taken me 10 minutes just to log on this board------  my computer is 5 years old ---and would like to wait until the big D is over tho--not spending much $$ until I know what is what------but am really fed up with Microsoft edge and windows and am thinking about a Mac------or maybe a chrome book-----

It's been a very wet, grey, cool weekend here------this week is supposed to be sunny and warmish--

Respected Contributor

Pam - I put google chrome as my browser, not microsoft edge - hated it.  

My daughter has a Mac product and loves it, but it is different to use.

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness ----just need to research I guess--get my son over here to clean it up first--I used a Mac for awhile and I did really like it too--now that I have an iphone, ipads, I am very familiar with that brand----

Respected Contributor

Hi ladies,

My rule of thumb when it comes to computers. I never spend more than 500 bucks. I always get it at best buy. Right now I have a dell desktop. Yes I have a ipad, and iphone. I just like windows. 

It's been fun here. Did my Yom Kippur thing. Getting too old for this fast. It's brutal. Survived that. Now my stomach is a mess. 

Off to the oral surgeon for a checkup. I wish this would end already. 

Respected Contributor

Well I went to the oral surgeon yesterday. One more visit and I'm done with him. Then I go to my dentist for the rest of it. I took my car for 3 blocks because I have to stop with my back pain. So I decided to go food shopping afterwards. I haven't been to the market in a year. Pushing the cart was no problem and gave me some support. I walked down every single aisle. It was wonderful. I wanted chicken cutlets badly and bought them. My caffeine free diet coke was a problem. They didn't have my 20 oz bottles. Everything else I'll get from amazon fresh.  No husband yelling at me. Are you done yet?? Bought what i needed. Loaded up the car. Shlepped the stuff upstairs with my shopping cart that I keep in the garage and I was done. OK I had my outing. Got some fresh air. I'm done.

Pam how are you doing with your computer research. My friends have macs. They went to Apple for classes. My ipad is good for when I travel but I really don't use it. I also have a kindle that I keep near my bed. 

OK I decided that I want a bidet. They are only 34 bucks. I just have to take some measurements for clearance. That's going to be my new toy. My cousin swears by hers. The things that make me happy. 

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN ---you did alot on jackies big adventure day Woman Very Happy Why does your back hurt? So now you get the implant or 8Woman Very Happy for your very pricey mouth??? How did husband do getting back to normal? Why is diet coke so hard to find? Is it because it is unleaded as well as diet?

I actually went out with a friend to a local shopping mall on Monday---haven't been shopping like  that since all this garbage started---and I haven't seen my friend in person for at least that long if not longer. I was shocked at how much she has changed----she looked 15 years older than me and I'm 67!!! she is in her 50's but has been very sick that last year or more---sick enough to be in the hospital many times. I felt like I was with an elderly aunt--she got dizzy approaching an escalator in a store, and she walks like a penguin as she has neuropathy in her feet----wears huge big shoes to help balance---hair is very thin  you can see her scalp, face is very  lined from worry and stress and pain---I decided that I would put off trying to find shoes and just treat her to lunch and the little bit of shopping she had to do and then we left. My DD was as shocked as I was as friend came up to see our apt---and let me tell you---I nearly had a panic attack as she tried to make it down the flight of stairs from my place---asked if she needed me to come help---she said she didn't----

no haven't done much in the way of a new computer yet. got paperwork from "numbnuts" lawyer about the mediation for this divorce yesterday-just more of the same as I already gave to my lawyer--but need to get alot of info from my cancer adventure as I am going to play that card as much as I can----after all this is done, I will look at a computer.

DD got a bidet---she sent it back--not sure why but she never used it or even got it out of the box--my brother has one in his main bath---not sure how to use it or why. 

Weather is totally fall around here--nice today and cool--but dry. 

I love fall!!!

pam

Respected Contributor

Pam I have bulging discs from L1-S1 from trying to prevent a 700 lb patient from falling on the floor. I've done it all. Physical therapy, belts, injections. All of this helps temporarily. 

I have no problem getting the regular diet coke only the caffeine free one. It's very popular. Went to the walmart site and they had it. Will be here tomorrow. 

Sorry to hear about your friend. She's too young for all of this. But it was good of you to spend time with her and to take her out to lunch. 

I figure this way about the bidet. It's cheap. Got great reviews so I will try it. Always wanted one. I loved the ones in Singapore and Bali. That's what they use. 

You'll do fine at the meeting. 

GC where the heck are you. 

Trusted Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness 

Love the cartoon. Guess I better start buying lottery tickets! 

Respected Contributor

Trenet I never had much luck with lottery tickets. I hope you do.

Accomplished something today. Stripped bed. Took my blanket and comforter to the laundry room and washed them. Husband sat and watched me schlep them downstairs. I buy king size blankets because my mattress is 15 inches. 

Next was calling Hyundai leasing company. My car is due to be returned. Problem is getting another one. With the floods here everyone is looking for a new one. And my Kona is in high demand. Its fully loaded. I buy cheap cars or trucks and put everything in it.  So husband did some homework. If Hyundai takes the car back they will charge a new buyer 23,000 for it. If we buy it for 16,000 which is the term end of the lease we can turn it in for 22,000 for another lease.. So we decided to buy the car. I have no mileage on it because I don't go anywhere. He uses his motorcycle. The leasing company gave us some valuable information. Leasing is not a cheap proposition. Difference is your monthly payments are low. But up front you pay a few thousand. 

Oh I'm not talking to Fran. She is a miserable, old lady who is nasty as can be. i said it's getting to the point that I don't want to come in here. You bad mouth everyone. She said then don't come in. I said I won't. The end.