Respected Contributor

Hey Bluejay what's going on. You should be home. Your in my thoughts and prayers.

Jxx

Regular Contributor

I am home but still in quite a bit of pain. I am still sleeping a lot and trying to get lots of rest so I will keep this short.

All went well. No neck dissection was necessary.

So far, no complications... I have a post-op check up on Friday. Pathology reports should be back by then. I am still praying for no cancer.

Thanks for all your prayers and support!

Respected Contributor
On 2/2/2014 bluejay said:

I am home but still in quite a bit of pain. I am still sleeping a lot and trying to get lots of rest so I will keep this short.

All went well. No neck dissection was necessary.

So far, no complications... I have a post-op check up on Friday. Pathology reports should be back by then. I am still praying for no cancer.

Thanks for all your prayers and support!

Glad to hear that you are OK.. We're all praying for a good report as well for you. Just rest up. Take whatever pain medication they gave you. You'll be fine in a few days.

Jxx

Valued Contributor
Hi bluejay, good to hear you're home and recovering. LV? How are you doing? Hope you're recovering as well. Goldie
Honored Contributor

Hi ladies!! Long time no post{#emotions_dlg.scared} Hoping you all are recovering from your surgeries and that the news will be good. and that you are staying warm too. Heard there are 3 more nasty storms rolling thru. We are getting kissed with some cold weather for the next few days but nothing like you have been hit with; and no moisture here until the weekend.

Where are Maria and Susan ? Haven't heard from them in many moons?

UK--how about those Seahawks--do you believe it!!!??? Are you going to the parade on Wednesday? Gonna be cold!!!

So today is my semi annual boob squishing. Getting 2 of the suckers--one the "normal" 3D one and the other is a MRI one. Will be there for a few hours. Haven't missed that trip at all. Went in last week for the blood labs and will see my onc next week.Then back to my naturopathic onc. Been taking many supplements that are helping alot, I think we will talk about mushrooms this time so I'll report back with that info.

OK--wish me luck!!!!!

PAM

Respected Contributor

Hi ladies,

I haven't posted anything lately, but I continue to pray for everyone each night.

Bluejay, I'm so glad your surgery was successful and that you did not need neck dissection. I hope and pray that the pathology report will be negative for cancer.

Pam, best of luck to you with your mammo and onc visit.

Congratulations to those of you who are in remission.

I've had a really bad cold for a week, but feeling much better now. I haven't been out much (did go out yesterday for awhile), because of not feeling good, the cold weather, ice and snow. I'm ready for Spring!!!

Sometimes I almost forget I have this CLL, but I'll start thinking about it when I have my next visit with the hematologist in June.

Respected Contributor

Well, hello all from Brooklyn NY. As you heard on the news we are going to get hammered with snow this weekend. I love the prediction 3-30 inches. How nuts!! Went shopping for window blinds and food today. Husband is painting. Don't ask.

Pam hope everything went well today with your mammo's and MRI. I have my ultrasound next month. I guess with the 3 mammo's, ultrasounds, 1 biopsy and the MRI I don't need any further testing. They just want to check the chip. After my 3 year mark they said I will be going once a year for my mammo and ultrasound.

Lynn we're bracing for the snow. Watch it be a dud. Hope I don't eat my words. Everyone stay warm and safe.

Jxx

Honored Contributor

Back from all the boob squishing. Why did I not have the other one loped off when I had the chance{#emotions_dlg.glare}--then wouldn't need the squishing part anyway ( had a mastectomy on the "bad" boob) The 3D mammo went very well. A few changes for the better as the trauma from all the needles is continuing to fade, so less to see on the films. Had a MRI guided needle biopsy in 2 spots on the right breast during the dark days of beginning this adventure and had clips put in for easy ID. Haven't heard back from the MRI mammo. That one checks the chest wall of the mastectomy side for zombies, just FYI.

It is freezing here in Mossyington but NO moisture to deal with. The roads are pretty empty as they are predicting nearly a million people heading downtown for the Seahawks parade. Schools are closed, some businesses too. It is a state wide holiday!!! I, however, will be home watching on TV and keeping warm. Our highs will be what you folks in Siberia, USA, would consider a heat wave.

OK--stay safe and warm everybody!!

PAM

Respected Contributor
On 2/5/2014 wagirl said:

Back from all the boob squishing. Why did I not have the other one loped off when I had the chance{#emotions_dlg.glare}--then wouldn't need the squishing part anyway ( had a mastectomy on the "bad" boob) The 3D mammo went very well. A few changes for the better as the trauma from all the needles is continuing to fade, so less to see on the films. Had a MRI guided needle biopsy in 2 spots on the right breast during the dark days of beginning this adventure and had clips put in for easy ID. Haven't heard back from the MRI mammo. That one checks the chest wall of the mastectomy side for zombies, just FYI.

It is freezing here in Mossyington but NO moisture to deal with. The roads are pretty empty as they are predicting nearly a million people heading downtown for the Seahawks parade. Schools are closed, some businesses too. It is a state wide holiday!!! I, however, will be home watching on TV and keeping warm. Our highs will be what you folks in Siberia, USA, would consider a heat wave.

OK--stay safe and warm everybody!!

PAM

It takes a few days before you get the MRI results. I'm sure all will be well. Next month is my ultrasound to check my chip. I'll be bouncing off of the walls as usual. By the way, congats on the win. You all having something to celebrate!!

Icy here but nothing tragic. We're all bracing for the weekend. Husband will be out for sure. He loves the snow.

Bluefly, hope your feeling better today.

Jxx

Regular Contributor
On 2/4/2014 Lyn08 said:

Hi ladies,

I haven't posted anything lately, but I continue to pray for everyone each night.

Bluejay, I'm so glad your surgery was successful and that you did not need neck dissection. I hope and pray that the pathology report will be negative for cancer.

Pam, best of luck to you with your mammo and onc visit.

Congratulations to those of you who are in remission.

I've had a really bad cold for a week, but feeling much better now. I haven't been out much (did go out yesterday for awhile), because of not feeling good, the cold weather, ice and snow. I'm ready for Spring!!!

Sometimes I almost forget I have this CLL, but I'll start thinking about it when I have my next visit with the hematologist in June.

Thank you for your kind words and prayers but you may have read on my other thread that they did find cancer. It was in the middle of healthy tissue so it had not spread. My surgeon will meet with the tumor board on Wednesday to see if they recommend any further treatment. He said that he thinks they will lean toward the radioactive iodine treatment but cannot say for sure. I am not looking forward to it, but I guess I will do whatever I have to do to get healthy.

It has hit me really hard because it is the 2nd time I have had cancer. I now wonder what other cancer will I get and when will I get it? I feel like a ticking time bomb just waiting until I get the next cancer...