Respected Contributor

OK I made my decision. Saatva soft plush. Husband is useless.. He said you know I can sleep on the floor. My answer was then why don't you. 

Honored Contributor

Dr was uneventful.  I was in and out before I knew what happened.  He did say that I'm not in the 5 year club yet.  He used to say it was the day of surgery.  Yesterday he said it was the last day of treatment, which would be Nov 5.  I keep reaching for that milestone and he keeps moving it. I know it doesn't really mean anything, but I managed the cancer by milestones.  He moved me to the one year for appts though.

Pam, I feel bad for your end of the world.  I'd do something for you, but don't know what.  Keep that silly cat of yours locked down.

That's it.  I bore myself.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 ---silly cat is always indoors----supposed to rain today and tomorrow--been saying that all  flipping week---air quality is 163--still unhealthy. when the sun shines, it is orange light. Just weird.

Well, once a year appts is good. I've been in that club for 3 years now.

I'm bored with everything around here.

Honored Contributor

Good.  I always worry about the cats.

So glad Friday is finally here. I got up at 515 to call mother to get up for her blood test.  She doesn't know how to use the alarm clock.  Is it bed time yet.

Respected Contributor

GC your day is over. what a good daughter you are to wake up your mother for her tests.

OK I ordered my mattress. My childhood friend brought me honey cake for the Jewish holiday and I said please lie on my bed and tell me what you think. She said it sags. Go buy a new mattress. So when she left I ordered the Saatva. I've been laying on the stupid mattress so long I honestly couldn't tell. Anyway it's coming the end of Sept I believe. 

Shana Tova you all. It's the Jewish New Year. I wish you all good health and prosperity. 

Honored Contributor

FINALLY----it is raining and a good rain too , not just spits of it. Yesterdays air quality was at 163, this a.m.it is 20 !!!! Birds are squawking and even heard the tree frogs croaking too. Supposed to rain all today, tonight and part of tomorrow. Just wish CA could get a good rain--Oregon is getting this weather---CA needs a break!!! Got the window open in the room I am in  now and stripey cat has her face stuck there just sniffing clean air. I will think twice about complaining about rain---well until it goes beyond months and months around here Woman Wink

A new mattress will be a whole new experience!! After mine puffed out and up, I slept really great the first night and have ever since. 

have a good weekend all!

Honored Contributor

ahhhh-the blessed rain!!!!!!  Been raining non stop for 2 days now--more to come until the weekend when it will slow down. And the good news is that it is going over the mountains and where the fires are, they are getting rain too. Now when this lovely rain goes on for months at a time--my tune will surely change-----but the smoke was so horrendous and now it is GONE. 

Not much going on around here. Been just doing the bare minimums as I really don't have much motovation-----cooked up a  roast yesterday that I trimmed into thin pieces for French Dip sammies for dinner---very delicious. will have it again tonight-----

Been very quiet here lately---Hey jackie--heard from that dimwit  R Paul, (not rupaul)  that you New Yorkers have developed herd immunity to the virus and that you guys are in the clear------so many idiots--should hurt to be stupid!!!!

Honored Contributor

Yippy for the rain to squash the fire and smoke.  I haven't seen anything on the topic in the news around here lately.

I'll take some prosperity Jackie, so I can buy a new mattress.  LOL

Mother has a scab on her head.  The Dr wants her to see a surgeon to have it removed.  A year ago she bumped her head on the corner of the cabinet door.  It bled and scabbed over.  Dr kept saying it would fall off, but it didn't.  This is the cabinet where the glass fell out, smashed and mother stepped on it.  😳

And sister wants to be released.

Valued Contributor

.   I cannot absorb Vitamin D to reach the appropriate levels needed in my body. I have been trying for years. I take 4000IU each day and the result of my lab test was 22. I will see my doc next week to discuss my results. Any suggestions?  Em

Respected Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

Hi em!  Are you taking it in capsule or pill form?  I think it makes a difference, I always take capsules for better absorption. 

Do you take it all at once?  I know with calcium your body will only absorb so much at a time and it is better to take it a couple times a day.

You may end up needing injections, but please be careful, too much Vit D can be harmful.

These are just my thoughts and may be totally off for your situation, but your Dr will know best.  And of course our Jackie will know more too!!

eta - Jackie may be sleeping away on her new mattress, dreaming good things, so it may be a while before she anwers Smiley Very Happy