Respected Contributor

Erythromycin was rough to take. You would have to tell your Dr what your side effect was in the 80's to let him determine whether it was an allergic reaction or not. Doesn't sound like it was. Either you had diarrhea or really bad abdominal pain back then when you took it. I was on it once and said I would rather die than be on this again. All of these drugs are always evolving. 

Graciesmom you should be on probiotics every single day. Minimum 30 billion live cultures. I did it with chemo and had no mouth sores at all. I still take it every day. Yeah they can give you dificid or vanc if you ever had it again. I don't know if they still use flagyl anymore. 

You know I'm getting all of the information on my friend second hand. These Dr's are thinking outside the box and may have good results with the levaquin over Zithromax. Or maybe she didn't respond. Who knows. 

Respected Contributor

GC chloroquine takes a few days to work. it is not uncommon to treat infections with more than one antibiotic. Levaquin is a very successful drug in treating bronchitis and pneumonia. We know that there is usally a bacterial conponent as well with viral infections. My girlfriend is also being given steroids for the inflammation. These Dr's are doing their own thing in Manhattan. They don't have time for statistics and trials. . In the end they will all write papers of their findings after treating patients in different ways.

How is everyone holding up

Honored Contributor

Hi all! Just got back from being banned from the board for last 24+ hours!! Not sure why? No explanation at all--tried to ask why but got no answer---whatever---Robot Frustrated

gc---so what major goings- on for your sis, but it sounds like she is getting better? 

jackie---what is going on with you? are you doing alright? can't imagine all that NYC is going thru. 

Our governor has us sheltered at home until May 4th now. and broke out my face masks and with start wearing them ouside in public when I go-----I've been home for 2 weeks now---have managed to get groceries delivered to my house.  an order coming this afternoon. 

lannie---here I am again!! how's that tooth? I use Dr Emils coq10--400mg- 1x a day as per my heart dr. just look for ubiquinone--was using that brand joint suupplement and it worked so good--but then read that turmeric is not good when taking tamoxifen, which I do, so stopped that.

weather still grey and very chilly--lots of rain last night. Very depressing. but hear the 60's are around the corner--temps that is.

Am going to start sewing up some face masks, I think---can't do any harm . Have enough fabric an elastic to do a few I think-----

chime in everyone--need to read your posts!!!

pam

Honored Contributor

Sister appears to be pulling out.  She said she feels good today.  There is a hold on moving patients around.  I asked what happens with sister when she texts negative?  Does she get moved out?  Nobody knows.  Hopefully there will be answers this week.

Got mother all situated.  Had my friend go grocery shopping for her yesterday.  I'm trying to keep ahead of her running out of necessary things.

Nothing going on here.  We're on work from home until May 1.  It's good and bad.  The workday doesn't end, working too many hours.  I go out once a week to the grocery store.  It's pretty much in and out.

I have a box of masks from my chemo days.  It was on the list of items to get.  I never used them.

Geez, banned?  That's crazy.  I guess you posted something against standards?

Yes Lion, is your tooth better?

Jackie, the interviews with N.Y. Drs and nurses is scary.

Respected Contributor

Pam I couldn't get a food delivery here if I stood on my head. If you want food you have to go and get it.

I just received surgical face masks that I ordered on ebay. Took forever. However I  have become quite good at making them out of paper towels and rubber bands. I gave away my sewing machine years ago after making curtains for all of the rooms. I said too much work. Never doing this again. 

GC, happy to hear that sister is doing better. Better for you to be home than at work.

OK, read another article about how this geriatric Dr is giving doxycycline for his positive virus patients with excellent results. It's a very old drug. My ENT said he's been using it more with chronic sinusitis. 

If I don't get out and get some kosher food there isn't going to be Passover in this house. Husband is clueless about any of this. 

Honored Contributor

gc--so glad sister is pulling thru--what a horroble thing to have to deal with----maybe SOMETHING..Smiley Frustrated..... came out of my head and surged thru my fingers to type something that someone didn't like...not saying I did or didn't---- and got banned----not sure tho---but will keep my thoughts about certain things to myself----sheesh

jackie-----was surprised I could get anyone to deliver food---got enough for a couple weeks anyway without hoarding--even got some TP--score!!!!!

But dd and I did go out yesterday--with face masks and gloves on, to grocery store as dd needed things---wasn't awful --not alot of folks wearing masks---but everyone stayed their distances---and not a lot of people out anyway---got told that we were to shelter in place -not go anywhere for this week or the next, as WA states curve is nearing apex and maybe by no one going out, it will start going down--so thats what I'm doing. yesterday was the first time I've been out in the real world in 2 weeks--almost felt guilty!

And weather should be sunny and much warmer this week--finally---has been very chilly around here with grey and rain---need to putter in my wasteland of a garden--hubs is actually doing some house work outside too---amazing---maybe he will do whats left INSIDE the house too--he has been much easier to live with after my intense, descriptive, loud,colorful,  verbal lashing over trying to help him sign up for unemployment--wanted to use my 2 x 4 ---the man has no head or patience for anything tech---I swear----stomped off without one word of thanks until  I yelled at him-------THANK YOU WIFE, FOR HELPING ME , which he promptly did then----grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! I swear--like dealing with a kid!!!!!

lannie---the tooth? Is it better?

thats all folks!!---pam, the one who was  banned!!!!!Smiley Indifferent

Valued Contributor

Hi All!

How is everyone holding up? We're irritable and tired of staying home.

We decided to give home grocery delivery a try--so we ordered online yesterday--took over an hour--website for Shoprite was S-L-O-W...but we managed. Luckily, there were time slots open for delivery, so we chose to get our groceries delivered tomorrow between 10-11am. We've never done this before, so we'll see if what they deliver is acceptable--and if they have what we ordered. Joe refuses to let me go to any stores---and now he doesn't want to chance the stores either--except for the local bagel shop and bakery--he called to see if both were open--they are and business is slow--so he ran to both wearing a face mask.

As an aside, Joe's mother is in a nursing home--two residents have tested positive fotr the virus and they have been isolated. Joe's mother had a lower oxigenation result and a slight fever the other day--today the fever is gone and her oxygen level is normal. The nursing home wanted to know if they should tansfer her to a hosptial--we all said NO--if she doesn't have the virus, she will surely get it if she went to the hospital---leave her be where she is. She's 94 years old and has the beginnings of dementia--what can a hosptal do for her? Nothing that can't be done in the nursing home. Joe was up all night worrying about her--and about this virus in general.

I guess we're all feeling weird right now--the world seems to be topsy-turvy--who ever thought we'd go through something like this in America? The news is so depressing to listen to--so many dead--and all of the doctors and nurses and health workers putting their lives on the line for us. My sister-in-law and niece are RN's at two different Long Island Hospitals--one works in the ER---we are very afraid for them. The lack of PPE's and ventilators are astounding--feels as if we live in a third world country---I read today that the stockpile our government has of PPE's is useless--most of it is expired--the face masks have dry rot!!! No excuse for this. Where are the people whose job is it is keep that stockpile up-to-date and fresh? It's a sin and a shame.

Praying for everyone here--and everyone all over this country......please do your best to stay safe and well!!!

God Bless,

Gracies/RemysMommy

Honored Contributor

Jackie, I was wondering what was happening with your Passover shopping.

Pam, sister felt good again today.  Her oxygen levels were normal.  She didn't know her temp, but said the nurse said it was good.  She hasn't hit 3 fever free days yet.  I'd say she'll be cured this week.

Remysmommy, I'vs ordered shoprite delivery a number of times.  Haven't had any issues.  I tried it three weeks ago and couldn't get an appointment to save my life.  That's when I went the grandkid delivery. I don't know how they screwed that up, but they found a way. LOL. I tell sister it's all her fault. 

Honored Contributor

@Gracies Mom---main reason this countries stockpile of medical needs are zero--is that SOMEONE WHO SHALL REMAIN NAMELESS----got rid of those agencies responsible for seeing to them, for whatever stupid reasons that abound with all that----enough said-------

I do alot,of my grocery shopping online---I hate going to the grocery stores even before all this virus thing. I have used Safeway/Albertson, Amz fresh and whole foods and just this week tried instacart that shopped at QFC----safeway tended to mess my order up way more than the others--this last instacart order was by far the best one as far as getting everything, even scored some TP!!! -----I did enough shopping for these next 2 weeks as we are told to stay home and not go anywhere, here in WA state------

It is so hard not to be freaked out over al this---I have found that I was watching way too much news on TV----so I watch our local news and listen to anything our governor has to say on his special reports, then it is old movies or cooking shows----got Amz music subscription and have alexa play one whole album of my faves each day--yesterday is was Sgt Peppers lonely hearts club band----today maybe it will be Crosby, Stills and Nash----am a product of the 60, 70's so that type of rock is my fave!!

So sorry your MIL is having issues at that age---as well as your poor hubby---I would be frantic too, and how do you know what to do? 

Found a lot of fabric  here at home to make face masks and will wear them everywhere I go. I bought a few on Etsy before the CDC ok'd wearing them and also found bandanas too, to fold into masks--will see which one does the best--maybe I will make up a bunch and hand them out to those that don't have any-----from 6 feet of course------. 

And the best thing---i made a banana/walnut  wacky cake yesterday that was so yummy!! Used my Grams recipe that made a choc wacky cake but put nannersCat Tongue in it along with a few spices----doesn't use any dairy or eggs---boy is it good. Put choc frosting on it. Made the whole house smell good too. 

So try not to listen to too much news and I really NEED to see little Remy about now!!!!

pam

QVC Customer Care