Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness-----yes, I am being careful, thanks for your concern, altho I still have to go out and about--not many folks around tho. I  take all the hand washing precautions too----but  since the cancer invasion---thats what I learned to do anyway--is ingrained in my noggin!!! Stripey cat says "mew" back--she goes in for  her teeth cleaning on Friday-----yes am done with boxes altho DD  still has  bunch to go thru but they are upstairs and out of sight. Took a few things to my tiny storage unit yesterday and have more that need to live there for awhile. Still need to tweak my kitchen tho---never ending.

@JackieHN----so happy you decided to stay off that ship!!! Been worrying over that---the hubs--dear lord---hand me that 2 x 4------ someones head needs to be tenderized!!! My dumb brother is still going to Florida in the next week---what is the matter with him--he is 60 with prostate cancer----need a pile of 2 x 4's------

@GCR18-----you got a kid now too??? So is he on your b-day list????  He better not take my place !!!!!

Very fridgid outside  this a.m. here---and just when DD and I leave in the a.m.--- when it was light--now plunged back into darkness---for awhile anyway----but saw the big super Worm moon.when we left  and bunnies all over the yard too---supposed to be nice for the next few days too. 

doing laundry today----what else is new???

pam

Honored Contributor

Yes, sorry about your friend Lion.  I couldn't imagine doing the chemo/radiation now.  I think not knowing much was to my advantage.

Graciesmommy, today was your test.  I'm sure everything was fine.

I see the oncologist on Wednesday.  He said at the last visit if my scan from Dec was good, he was going to move me to the five year club.  Also, I'd be switched to yearly visits.

Pam, I have no idea where that kid is hiding.  I have a list of chores.

Lion, I found my credit card.  It was in my wallet.  My thought I remembered leaving it there.  Plus I looked there several times.  I only pull it out for trips.  Since I just got back from GA, I thought why put it away.

Niece lost her licence for thirty days and got two tickets.  Dear old dad is not keeping her on the insurance if it goes up alot.  Time will tell.

Received a call from the home today.  No visitors allowed.  They received orders from the state.

We were offered the option to back out of the trip west at the end of the month.  I'm not canceling at this point.  I don't know about that cruise Jackie.  Word I saw was stay away from cruises.  I need to schedule a trip to mother's in April.  I guess I'm going to book it and see what happens.  United has free change flight rules if a ticket is purchased in March.  So I can move it if needed.

Valued Contributor

Hi All!

Had my PET scan and a lot of blood work yesterday---will see my oncologist tomrorow for the results. My anxiety really got to me yesterday. The worst it's ever been--don't know why. Maybe because I just lost a friend to ovarian cancer and aside from being sad, it scared me terribly. If anyone could beat that type of cancer, it was my friend Deb---and now that she's gone, the reality is that she couldn't beat it either---that frightens me. I know I have a different type of cancer than she did, but there's no logic at play here. Both of us have/had cancer that metastized---but hers went to her brain--that freaked me out.

I appreciate the kind prayers from all of you on this page! I need all of you to spiritually hold my hand tomorrow when I see the oncologist----that would be very much appreciated!!

Will let everyone know what happens tomorrow.

God Bless,

Gracies/RemysMom

Respected Contributor

Graciesmom, not to worry. Padre Pio on speed dial. I'm sorry about your friend. Yes it is all frightening. We live with this everyday. Chin up. Good results tomorrow.

GC maybe you should just get the tire replaced. See I have no patience for all of this. when we had inner tubes it wasn't a problem. Patch it up and let me go on my way. I have no patience for idiot husband either who finally said to my friends that we are not going on the cruise. Well that took an act of God and fighting. They all said today, what is wrong with him. I said he thinks he's immortal. Been watching too many SciFi movies. I told him you can go. No one is stopping you. Worst case scenario you go into isolation if someone gets it. I'm not coming for you that's for sure and neither is your son. You want to be in a foreign country for hospitalization be my guest. I'll take the USA for medical treatment anytime. 

It was amazing today. Went shopping. Lots of toilet paper, chlorox wipes and paper towels. 

I would suggest that all of us stay in as much as possible since we are in that tender age group. Poor GC still has to work. Have no idea what is going to happen with this virus or when it will peak. However they are calling it the angel of death for seniors. Isn't that lovely. 

Honored Contributor

Yep, the job is calling my name.  I go to work, but the people I work with are located elsewhere.  Nobody would even know I wasn't there until they saw my empty chair.  

Yes, I'm over this tire thing.  I've had that direction up about 8 times.  I didn't go to have it looked at today.  It hasn't dropped any air since I filled it Sunday.  I will go on my way to the Dr tomorrow.  I want a new tire.  I can't have an unreliable ride.  We'll see what they have to say.

It will be fine tomorrow Graciesmommy.

Valued Contributor

Hello!!

Just got home from the oncologist....I am still in remission!!!! YAY!!!!!!!

Next scan will be in September..if that one is OK, maybe she will let me go for eight months before having my next scan.

Remy did well in doggy day care---he loves being with other dogs and the staff--they take good care of him. Right now he's napping--he misses his afternoon nap when he's in day care. Seems he didn't even miss us!! I already made reservations for him for my September scan.

Joe & I are exhausted--for some reason, waiting for the results of this one was the hardest--it never seems to get easier. Next time the oncologist said she will see me the next day after the scan instead of two days later--she realized how stressed I get.

Hope everyone is doing all right--and staying well in the midst of this coronavirus thing. A woman I was sitting across from while waiting for the doctor told me that she feels this virus was planted here from Russia--that they want to take over our country--she yammered on and on about this subject---the way she spoke fascinated me and it took my mind off of myself for the moment. I felt bad for her as her husband is dying of kidney and spine cancer--and I think she just needed someone to listen to her. Even Joe sat and listened to her patiently.

Thank all of you for the kind words and prayers----they really do help!!

God Bless,

Gracies/RemyMommy

Respected Contributor

Graciesmom, wonderful news. We weren't worried here. GC has a sixth sense about these things. She's the only one I know of that doesn't get crazy when she goes to the Dr. GC good luck at the oncologist. Also happy to hear that Remy had a wonderful time at doggy daycare. 

GC I agree. New tire is in order. Can't beat peace of mind. Since you don't work with anyone at work maybe they'll let you work from home. Won't that be wonderful. 

Staying in. Husband of course can't. Tomorrow he wants to go Manhattan to get his white bread. The ones in the store are not good enough for him. He needs Japanese white bread. It's nice but I wouldn't travel for it. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

@Gracies Mom--oh that is great news!!!! Will do a mental happy dance as I just got my groove thang tweaked by my chiro---Woman Wink I graduated to seeing my onc dr once a year, a couple years ago and have not had anymore scans since----I go in May----will I;m supposed to, who knows what will be happening by then--

Yes I am staying in except for driving DD to work in the a.m.--then picking her up after work. But have gone to the grocery store too--just don't know how we stop functioning totally thru all this--now if I were sick then I would not be holed up. Taking Stripey cat to the vet tomorrow for her teeth cleaning-----I have to hide the carrier or else she hides and I can;t find her----hopefully no teeth will be pulled this time----man, 7 teeth the last time cost a fortune!!!! 

yes have heard many conspiracy theories about all this virus thing--and who really knows-----maybe aliens did itMan Very Happy I would rather just deal with the facts as we know them right now---poor woman--she has alot on her plate----

pam

Valued Contributor

Thank you for the good wishes Jackie and Pam!! Trying to relax and calm down after this week of craziness. Between the scan and the new virus making the rounds....

Just got an e-mail from the Sloan medical buidling we were at on Monday and yesterday---one of their staff has come down with the virus--and they wanted to let their patients know.

Then got an e-mail from our endocrinologist's office--a patient contaminated her office with the virus--they are busy cleaning it now (I have an appointment in two weeks--I think I will reschedule). Joe got a call from our gastro that his colonoscopy is due and it's time to schedule a consultation--I told Joe to wait (he should have had his procedure last year)--I don't think now is the time to have a procedure if it's not an emergency--let's make sure we're not harboring the virus yet!

I wouldn't be overly nervous about this virus ordinarily except that Joe & I have diabetes (and me with the cancer)--so we're compromised.

Everyone do your best to stay well!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Hi all!

So stripey cat had a successful teeth cleaning today--and no teeth extracted !!!!! Last time she had 7 taken out Cat Mad---she is still at the vet and I will pick her up later this afternoon. So I cleaned out her kennel and washed all her bedding and all will be fresh for her ---and I suppose she will demand to be fed--

My younger brother and wife have decided, not to go to Europe next month; remember I told you they were going to Slovenia------but they did fly to Florida yesterday----WTH !!!! Gave him a piece of my mind over that--he has a new grandson who is cared for by his DIL's  very fragile elderly parents----so will have to brow beat him about not seeing grandbaby for a few weeks after they get back---just want to thottle him!!!!  Think these guys do all their thinking with their "little" head most times---grrrrrrr!!!!

ok---I'm done---pam