Respected Contributor

GC your sister is never going to be happy unless she gets what she wants which is out of there. 

Fran fought me tooth and nail about being admitted to a rehab center after the first fall. She said she'd do better home. I told her you don't have the strength. They kept you in bed for 5 days. Now she said I was right. She's there now and making up for lost time.

CA is alright. I was a tourist and enjoyed it for the week that I was there. Saw my aunt and cousin. Liked Santa Monica. Wasn't impressed with Rodeo Drive.  Hey listen, it's warm there.

Barbara my girlfirend is finally in her new house in Florida. She said they can't bring in the new furniture because there are 180 boxes all over the place. I said pay someone to move the boxes. She's staying in a hotel for now. 

6 bags of clothes going to charity. Lord this is tiresome. But I now have room. 

Trusted Contributor

@JackieHN @HerRoyaLioness @wagirl @GCR18 @embgm 

Thanks again all for your help, support and well wishes.

Yes, Jackie, I am still a bit nervous but, I think I am as mentally ready as I am ever going be. Actually kind of anxious just to get it over and done.  

26 years of cancer and this past year has been the worst; the most stress and, I think, the worst physical pain I have ever experienced. 

After an initial increase in hip pain after the radiation, it has decreased but, the rib and shoulder areas have now increased again. The radiology oncologist says that can happen but, should, if it is radiation related, subside within a couple of weeks. The left side is the worst, the right is the surgery side so, I am concerned as to how I will be able to get in and out bed.  Having enough trouble now.

Off ibuprofen prior to surgery so, mostly just Tylenol.  Although my surgeon said I can take Tylenol w/codeine, I hate how it makes me feel so, trying to keep to only one per day if the pain is really bad.  

Good point about germs, Lannie.  Maybe, if the tread is ok on my old slippers, (I got new at Christmas) maybe I will take them and then just toss them.  

pam, you are lucky to have a place to send your husband. Being in the Northwest, you also have easy access to lumber!  

Hope all of you in the snowstorm areas come through problem-free.  

Honored Contributor

@trenet------you made me laugh about having access to lots of wood---I can just go to my back yard and get a good sized piece of the tree that slammed onto my house last year-----

Don't skimp on the tylenol if you need it-----I find the extra strength w/625 mg helps me a lot---can't take any of the other stuff----pain makes you crazy !!!

jackie---wow 6 bags of clothes gone------thats good. I still have a bag or 2 that need to go yet---am making an  appt to have a few more boxes donated. got a few boxes of kitchen stuff to go too------

been to CA once--spent a weekend near San Fran with a friend in the 80"s. Was a great time---ate breakfast at Ghirardelli Square one morning--went to Fishermens wharf for lunch and a comedy shop for dinner in Haight Ashbury----was fun

Valued Contributor

Ladies continue to be vigilant washing your hands and being in crowds. My niece was diagnosed with the flu yesterday for the second time in three years despite always getting the flu shot. She was given a new drug to lesson the severity of it. Last time the whole household got it. Em

Respected Contributor

Trenet, whatever your comfortable with. The old slippers sounds like a great idea then you can just toss them. I'm sorry your in so much pain but the tylenol may help. Try a heating pad. They told me when I was having the neulasta shots that the heating pad wouldn't work. It did. One more day and then they'll put you on pain medication. I hope you know we are here for you. We'll get you through it. Your not alone. 

Lannie you have to tell Trenet about when you removed your wig at work. That was a riot.

i love it with the wood. Hey Pam can you find me a nice 2x4 for husband. He's getting on my last nerve. Yup 6 bags. It's sinful. I've been to SF 3 times. Probably never again with their homeless problem. 

Em I've been taking sambucol everyday. So far so good but that can change in a heartbeat. They say it helps with preventing colds and the flu. 

Honored Contributor

@embgm----Yes, I am very vigilant about hand washing and being in crowds---and also make sure to wipe down the grocery carts too---I am very rarely in crowds except at the grocery store---

Respected Contributor

I'm on my last 3 radiation treatments so I will be glad on Wednesday when that "thing" is done.  I was diagnosed in November, had surgery on November 20 and started radiation on December 31.

I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that I have cancer.  This is a family that I did not want to be a part of, but since I am, I pray for all of us daily.  It isn't just about fighting the disease, it's about rising above it and carrying on as best you can.

Respected Contributor

@DrKelli - welcome to the family no one wants to be a part of!  We learn to be strong and appreciate the encouragement of those who have went before us. 

Am so glad you are at the end part of radiation. 🎉 The skin at the end of my rads got kind of bad but thanks to the tips and help I got from the ladies here and my radiation nurses I got through it.  What choice do we have, right?!?

Hope the last 3 will be uneventful and we can celebrate! 🎊 

Respected Contributor

Dr kelli, Lannie is right. The club that no one wants to belong to. Well we're here so we make the best out of it. 

Sounds like your doing well with your radiation. The boosters are a hoot. I developed 2nd degree burns my last week. No big deal. Regenecare and it was gone in a few days. Do you have breast or something else and will you be going on Femara?? Those drugs are another story but we all survived them. You just do what has to be done.

OK Trenet, tomorrow is almost here. Good luck and write when you can. Just take a deep breath. 

Honored Contributor

Dear sweet ladies,

Every time I see this topic it makes me pause and think about all of you and your families.

My late husband's 2 sisters and mother and everyone from Aunts and Uncles on his side all died from cancer.  The odds of him getting some kind of cancer had he not died suddenly at 58 were extremely high.

My 3 daughters have all taken the test and they don't have the gene that causes or shows up in breast cancer....thank GOD.

Anyway, just know I think about all of you and your families and when I say my prayers at night I always ask GOD to look out for all of the ladies at the QVC forum.

So he definitely knows (not that he wouldn't anyway) who all of you guys are.  If  dingbat like myself (I talk to him all of the time) can remember to keep you guys in my prayers...that one more person.

Right?  Good night dear ladies.