Honored Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

Well -------I did it!!! Made it to my 69th year of life today!! Today is my birthday. Usually don't shout it from the roofs like this but ---dang it--- at this age, I am upright and taking nourishment!!  Woman Wink and that is an accomplishment.  My DD is taking me out to breakfast  today, and my DS is taking me out for dinner on Sunday. 

Going out to do some errands and to get my new glasses fit and then let the games begin!!! Not sure what those games will be---prob laundry and some house work---oh man--- living the life, right!!!!Woman Very HappyHeart

Honored Contributor

I had a lovely birthday!!!!Woman LOLHeart

Must say, my birthday has , in the past several decades,  been a non-event, thanks mostly to my noxious,toxic ex---and since leaving the jerk in 2021, those b-days have much improved. But #69 was the best yet!! Had a huge breakfast--my fave meal, went into town and got my new glasses, which I love, and even bought another pair as a spare--that I will love. Did more errands and ended up at a local ice cream shop for a cone, all while enjoying the wonderful sunny weather and the company of my DD before going home. Then she and I cooked a fantastic meal for dinner. Was delicious!! Today my son and my brother are taking me out to dinner so the party continues!!!!

PAM

Trusted Contributor

@wagirl  Happy birthday Pam! I'm happy you had a lovely day with family.  My wish for you and all here on these forums to stay healthy. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAM!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad you had such a great time--you deserve that and much more!! May you always be happy and healthy!!

Would appreciate some prayers for me on June 19---the date of my PET scan---hopefully my cancer is still gone--the Arimidex I've been taking makes me feel crummy, but at least I'm still here. Not sure if my oncologist will change my meds or keep me on it---but it makes me feel worse than the Letrozole.

Hope everyone is doing OK and having a lovely June.

Big Hugs,

Gracies/RemysMom

Honored Contributor

@Gracies Mom --thanks for the b-day wishes!!! Yes it really was nice for a change!!

Of course I will be sending all  good wishes  your way----you've been on those meds long enough to know what the side effects are probably going to be----maybe there is something else to take. When I tried them and after such bad SE, my onc dr told me to stop and it wasn't worth being so miserable and I went back to the tamox. But that was a different thing for me. Those were the 10 year maintenance drugs after my cancer.

June here in WA state, has been very un-like the Junes usually are. Have had a few hot days and then the rest lovely, warm, sunny days instead of constant rain.   I think we are 6" behind on rainfall now. 

Keep us posted!!!

PAM

Valued Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Hope all of you are having a lovely June!

The time has come for my PET scan once again--this will be the first one since I started taking Arimidex in mid-March. Will find out if the drug is keeping my cancer away--and if I should continue taking it. I'm probably back to having a PET scan every three months again---and the pleasure of having "scanxiety" at least four times a year.I do not like Arimidex as compared to Letrazole (Femara)---the side effects of Arimidex are much worse (for me) than the Letrazole was. Ugh...I really have to stop complaining...wish me luck next week--will get my results next Wednesday. Would appreciate a few prayers that my cancer has stayed away (for now, at least).

Hoping all of you are doing well--you are all in my prayers all of the time.

Be well and happy!!!

Gracies/RemysMom

Valued Contributor

Good luck for a good scan and a prayer wishing you well.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

@Gracies Mom  I pray that you wil be and remain in remission.

I don't know these med's but they sound brutal from what I'm reading here. You have my sympathy.  Zofran helps me with nausea.

When I was in the hospital for 45 days in 2021 I had so many CT scans as they perforated my small intestine in the operating room which led to sepsis 6 days later and then comes  a huge abscess that covered my whole abdomen.  It could not be drained as it was so huge and could puncture my other organs if attempted.  3 antibiotic's at a time in the IV and nothing seemed to be working.

So my question for you is when I was home 2 months they said "no more CT scans" as I had requested one.  They said I was over radiated which is another concern on it's own.  You know what I mean. They even told me no dental x-rays either. 

So now it will be 2 years in November when I had my last CT scan.  Is the pet scan safer?  I sure know the MRI is but it seems the Doctor's don't use it. Cost saving perhaps?  My girlfriend had a lung carcinoma and she get's pet scans every 6 months.

Please tell me the difference.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.  I'm ready to find a new Doctor where I moved and other than necesarry blood screenings he might request another scan.  Maybe I shoud ask for pet?  My issues are intestinal related. They go from lung down as I have some damage to my lung from the sepsis.

Hi to everyone else!

Honored Contributor

@Gracies Mom --was wondering if you had your scan yet. there has to be some other drug that will help instead of arimidex. If your quality of life due to the side effects from this drug are an issue, then your drs have to figure out something else. Have you researched any of this online? that may help you with some suggestions. and you can complain all you want here----we dont mind at all. Good luck---please keep us posted. 

Honored Contributor

@Pink123 --Hi Pink---what a hellish ordeal you went thru!!! How do we survive all this stuff?? Go online and google all the different types of scans. It is truly amazing what is available and what does what and why. I don't envy you finding another dr these days---it is tough out there. I still haven't found a dentist yet---

PAM