Honored Contributor

Hello all!!

Everyone doing ok? Pink --am glad your trip was so nice.

Had a interesting weekend---Been doing battle with Social Security about the several hundred dollars more,  they are deducting from my monthly amount---seems like I made $135,000 in the year of 2021Woman LOL!!!  I can assure you---I DID NOT !! That was the year I sold the house and moved to my apartment and started my divorce!! It was termed a life changing event and I started the paperwork to have that changed to what  my actual yearly earnings are, ----that was in Jan of this year that I turned in ALL that paperwork--been 6 months and I got a determination on Friday--and they want me to re submit it again as my "life changing event"---the actual divorce-- was in March of 2022 and NOT 2021----I guess separation is not considered life changing  enough--I could spit nails!!! Seems like I can't get the" idiot "out of my life still!!! Woman Mad

Then I have been trying to get this rx for the med ,Repatha, that attacks the bad cholesterol--it's a 2x a month injection--each one is over $500. I wanted my prescription drug supplement to pay for it----it didn't ,as I have the lowest tier insurance and can't change until Oct----so I applied to a foundation that will grant $$ to medicare people that don't qualify for some reason---and I got accepted !!! I have enough grant $$ to cover 1 year now. I gave myself the shot yesterday. A shot in the tummy and it's the kind you push into your skin and it injects automatically, so no big deal. What I thought was going to be  weeks long fight to get that, was pretty easy---finally a victory---

Today I get my eyes checked and new glasses---what can go wrong???Woman Frustrated

Trusted Contributor

Hey @wagirl! $135,000 last year ha?  You must be a big executive or something ha.  I'm sure it's a hassle.  Everything is these days.  Especially trying to get a hold of a human being on the phone, ugh.

It will straighten itself out and you will finally be rid of him.

This is great they are paying for your medicine.  You must be under a financial tier  that made you eligible.  Good for you.!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Pink123 ---Geez--if only Woman Indifferent !!!!!!

The only thing that I know happened, is that the "idiot" got hit with a much bigger increase in the monthly social security adjustment, just because he gets more than I do as well as I am sure he had to come up with a very hefty IRS bill too. And being the "idiot" he is, he probably has no idea how or why to fix it. A little satisfaction there!!

Yes I was pretty happy my meds were paid for---I have  the least expensive RX plan--I've only been on Medicare since my divorce last March so don't know the ropes yet. I will certainly research more and switch to another one this Oct when the enrollment is on. The few meds I take are all "normal" ones --had no idea this one was in my future. 

Honored Contributor

Hello!! Everyone doing ok?

I went to my eye appointment last week---it's been 2 years  and boy, what a change in just that amount of time--and I mean about how the exam is given now. Didn't have drops put in my eyes---geez, I hate those--but paid $30 to look into a machine that scans the whole eyeball and then there are color photos for the dr to look at---Love that!!  Then the dr sits at his computer and does the normal testing --is this one better or that one better-- and he doesn't have to manually switch out the lenses---it was great!! Fast and efficient. He then showed me my eyes scans and told me my optic nerve is normal, no sign of any diabetic problems, I have cataracts but they are not "ripe" so no surgery yet and even showed me those pesky floaters I have. And as bad as I thought my eyes were, they are 20/30. Need new glasses but not a hurry up thing. And a very nice, informative man as well. Not an awful appointment!! Am looking forward to new glasses --thinking about getting them online this time--I HATE paying hundreds of $ for glasses/lenses--even tho I do have really good insurance for once.

How are you all doing?

We are heading into a very hot weekend here---will be in the upper 80's into 90 Sunday thru Tuesday---going to set up my A/C unit tomorrow---this apartment gets so bloody hot, I just hate it. It's only May here??!!! Usually we are still dressed in jackets and boots-----grrrrr!!! 

Respected Contributor

I'm back. Am now a member of the board of directors of my building and had a lot of work to do. I was on the board for 12 years beforeI got married and moved to Australia for a year and quit. Got a call from one of the board members who said you have to help us. So I was working behind the scenes, making proposals which were passed. Then one of the members quit and I was elected to come on board temporarily until we have a shareholders meeting. We had an official meeting and management turned to me and said finally some sanity. I said no one taught them. We'll sort things out. First on the list was making up an agenda of what is to be discussed. Second let me do the talking. I know how to handle them. Third, no emotion. Just facts. It worked out well.Got everything we wanted.. 

Been hanging out at the oral surgeon weekly for my followup on my implant. So far so good.

Pink, happy to hear that you enjoyed your trip.

Pam what can I say. Had to pay 3000 in taxes last year. This year they gave me back 3000. Go figure.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

Hey @JackieHN  so now your officially a "condo commando" again?  I was in a highrise condo for almost 26 years and it's a tough and thankless job.  Half don't want improvements, other half does meaning the tenants and the board as well. 

I used to call it a "rich" or a "poor" board. The first board didn't want to keep up the building and then a coup got them ousted. I sold last year and we've had a "rich board now for 8 years.  They are over the top though.

Then they get into a click and never leave the board. To be honest I was one that never battled or argued with them.  If it made sense I paid assessments, etc. 

You  were a nurse for pete's sake.  You can handle it if anyone can.  Good luck.Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Well in 2 weeks on the board I got everything accomplished. The majority of the board is Russian and they can be very aggressive. This does not work well.when dealing with Americans.  I said slow down. Your hearts are in the right place it's just the execution of what you want to get across. We don't fight for everything here. We negotiate. 

Yup it's a hard job when your dealing with a different culture. Now I am 99% of Russian decent. But my grandparents spoke Yiddish not Russian. They came over in the early 20th century. They are trying to change their mindset but it's going to take time. 

Pink this all gives me something to do. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

@JackieHN wrote:

Well in 2 weeks on the board I got everything accomplished. The majority of the board is Russian and they can be very aggressive. This does not work well.when dealing with Americans.  I said slow down. Your hearts are in the right place it's just the execution of what you want to get across. We don't fight for everything here. We negotiate. 

Yup it's a hard job when your dealing with a different culture. Now I am 99% of Russian decent. But my grandparents spoke Yiddish not Russian. They came over in the early 20th century. They are trying to change their mindset but it's going to take time. 

Pink this all gives me something to do. 

@JackieHN 

That's so  odd you tell me this.  I sold the condo last year which was on the intracoastal waterway.  Nearby is an ocean front community on the ocean with all new very expensive condo's

which were built within the last 15 years in SoFlo.  The majority are Russian's.   Rich oliagargh's?  Sorry if I mispelled.  We call it "little Russia".  They love living on the ocean being in the sunshine.

I agree with you 100 percent.  They are quite cold and unemotional. Hard to deal with.   We also have normal Russians here that are big in the beauty business i.e. nails, facials, etc.  I used to hear Russian language all the time. 

Bottom line I get what you must be going through.  But you sound like a good teacher and yes it takes up alot of time especially if your used to being very busy. 

Honored Contributor

Hello??? Hello??? Is anybody there???  

Haven't heard from anyone lately----guess I should babble on about my exciting life----Woman Indifferent

Had a semi nice weekend--- until a gastric upset of some sort, maybe a touch of bad food,  took me out for most of Sunday night and all day Monday--have no idea what I ate or when, but good grief---think I must have lost 10 lbs----feel better today but am eating----carefully--

Spent Sunday at a local campground with my family and friends for a bbq---could be the culprit there but it struck within a couple hours so am thinking it was something lurking in my refer at home. Haven't seen the friends in a few years due to  covid and then my divorcing adventure. Our weather was great----no rain and mild temps in the 70* range. 

Going today with DD to talk to a breast surgeon about her lumps and what to do about them,  if anything. DD isn't very informative about such things---it freaks her out and then she goes deaf and dumb---she needs an extra set of ears. Will take her out to lunch afterwards-----

So that 's it---hope you are all well---

PAM

I got my eyes checked, finally,  and new glasses that should be ready this week. Have great vision insurance too --got the frames and progressive lenses with all the stuff on them for $188 !!! Without ins it would have been $830---are you kidding me!!! and there is a machine that you look into, that does the same thing as those stupid drops do, but none of the hours of waiting to be able to see. Extra $30 out of pocket but so worth it. Have healthy eyes and cataracts that aren't "ripe" yet---funny--so no need for removal yet. Now to the dentist--the last appt I need .

Honored Contributor

DD will be having surgery next month, to get rid of the atypical cell lumps she has on one breast. They are both atypical ductal and lobular--just very small areas but they need to be taken out so they don't bloom into something later down the road. We met with a very competent surtgeon--in fact she works in the same office as the amazing dr who did my surgery 11 years ago. and I was able to sit in and ask things DD didn't think of. It's an out patient thing so will come home a few ours later.  so that is good. It will be done on the 22nd which is a Thursday and will take that long weekend to recover. 

So many things are done differently now than 11 years ago--for the good of course. We keep getting newer and better treatments these days---

PAM