Respected Contributor

Em I know this is very disturbing but they know what they are doing. If her blood pressure remains stable with the magnesium and the sonograms are good they will hold out as long as they feel comfortable with.. Just take a deep breath. It'[s good that her mother and your son are with her. 

How is hubby doing??

Valued Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

.       Hubby is doing ok, much less coughing. Each morning we are so grateful that baby and mom are still a team. Then we go to our motto and pray for " One More Day".  Was close to delivering last evening, doc was in three times discussing the situation with them. He said they are walking the line! Changing meds again brought it down, but she dropped 70 points very quickly and the baby didn't like that so they had to hook more gadgets up to her. 
          A pattern of late afternoon into evening and when she wakes up in the morning has become apparent for her spiking BP.  I will be back over there today. Dil labs for liver and kidney function are still good. One More Day! Em

Her Baby shower is Oct.29th. If she hasn't delivered my son will be the guest of honor! 

Honored Contributor

@embgm ---so glad hubby is coughing less and less--and glad new baby still has a womb with a view-- but poor MOM---she is a trooper--this baby business is not for sissies. And so cool about your son and the baby shower---I would love to see that!! Not many guys get that chance all on their own---let alone agree to it--bravo to him!!  Of course would be better if mom could be there too--but she has more important work at hand!! I will start chanting--one more day---when I get up in the a.m. AS always--sending you and all, the best----

PAM

Valued Contributor

Thanks for all your well wishes! Thea was born yesterday at 4:32 in the afternoon. DIL's BP could not be controlled and she started to see floaters in her vision which is not a good sign. So doc said that's it she's coming now. She weighs 3 pounds 4ounces and is 16.5 inches. She's doing very well. Mom had a tough nite because BP was still not cooperating. This morning she is doing better. She's a good size for 30 weeks and 4 days and has lots of dark hair! Em

Respected Contributor

Whew!! Glad Thea and Mom are doing OK. Her pressure should come down They'll be checking for protein in her urine and will continue to monitor her.. Thea will do well. She's got some good weight on her. I'm sure the Dr aged a bit with this one. 

Valued Contributor

@JackieHN wrote:

Whew!! Glad Thea and Mom are doing OK. Her pressure should come down They'll be checking for protein in her urine and will continue to monitor her.. Thea will do well. She's got some good weight on her. I'm sure the Dr aged a bit with this one. 

Its such a difficult balance to be able to monitor the Mom's BP, the level of protein in her urine, the baby's safety and any other symptoms mom has while juggling to keep baby inside mom.  They almost delivered Thursday night, then again Saturday night. Doc said she was walking the line and it was more difficult to control the BP each day.  I planned to be in the hospital all day on Sunday  visiting because I felt they were not gonna make it thru the weekend. Her BP was very high on Sunday and they really tried different meds, but to no avail. Then she saw floaters in her vision and that was the deciding factor. 
So appreciative of the wonderful  care both mom and Thea received and are still receiving. Em

Honored Contributor

@embgm ---Hurray!!!!!! Congrats to you and grandpa!!! So glad all is well and that Thea is on the outside ---now let's get mom and Thea on the road to thriving and recovery. Will baby need to stay in the nicu for awhile?  Hope mom can rest up altho being in a hospital isn't very restful----can she go see the baby whenever she can? Great news!!!!

PAM

Valued Contributor

Yes they can see the baby whenever however they cannot hold her yet. Thea will be in the NICU for a while. Dil isn't getting much rest. They are trying to get her milk to come in. It does not automatically cooperate on a preterm birth so they are pumping every three hours. Not much sleep at all! Thea is doing great! Em

Honored Contributor

@embgm ---geez--poor girl!! One thing after another for her--I know breast milk is best especially for premies and hope she can do this but seems like she needs a break----that would make my bp rise too--tried to nurse my first one--he refused and I ended up using formula--my 2nd latched on like a champ---but both mine were full term babies---sending my best!!! 

Valued Contributor

Mom is home although very sad that Thea isnt home with her. She was able to hold the baby for the first time last night. My son is holding her now. Thea had a great night last night with no alarms going off. Thank you for all your good wishes! Em