Honored Contributor

@JackieHN ---I kind of like the idea of a team for cancer survivors--I feel that once we are over all the treatments we are a little neglected--lots to deal with after all that nonsense and not a lot of back up on how to live a new life--

Got  vag ultrasound Thursday--so much fun---had a D/C last year in Jan. for a thickening in the uterine wall--and am on my last year of tamoxifen, so will get another one next year too. will hear back next week.

Numbnuts, the soon to be EX-- sent me a nice, big fat , check last week- the first of a few more he owes me ---all but the paper signing and waiting for final decree, is done and that will get taken care of in the New Year--and I can wait--am remarkable calm about all this lately--DD reminded me how wonderful this Xmas will be without his presence ruining our celebrations--Woman Wink 

going to my brothers for Xmas eve dinner---everyone is vaccinated and most are boosted too--be the first time since Xmas of 2019 that we will be all together----

right now it is just pouring down rain--tons of snow in the mountains too, maybe 4 or 5 feet in the last weeks---going to a card party tonight and a cookie exchange too--today is national bake cookie day!!! did some baking yesterday--

that what is happening in my world-----

pam

Valued Contributor

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!!!

Just wanted to stop by and wish everyone here a wonderful holiday--and a very healthy new year.....

Joe and I have no plans. We usually go down state and visit his family, but didn't do so last Christmas--nor will we do so this Christmas. Our sister-in-law and niece are hospital nurses and around the virus all the time--even though we are vaccinated and had our boosters, we do not feel comfortable being in the same house with all of Joe's family and his family's friends--so we will skip the visit again this year. Not worth catching COVID--especially now that the omicron variant is on the rampage. Mentally and physically we are better off staying home where we are safe. I plan on making a big fat gooey lasagna on Christmas Day--for dessert is a chocolate cheesecake. No gifts this year as well--we need to buy a new SUV next year--and neither of us need much else.

Wishing everyone a marvelous Christmas and a terrific 2022---praying for an end to this pandemic sooner rather than later---everyone please stay safe and well!!!!

Blessings,

Gracies/RemysMom

Honored Contributor

@Gracies Mom ---And the same to you both!! And Remy of course!!

My family decided to call off our Xmas Eve dinner yesterdayat my brothers house---all of us are vaxxed and a few not boosted yet, so we are going to be cautious again this year. DD and I will cook our fave foods and open our Xmas socks on Xmas day--maybe watch the new Muppets movie if we can figure out to stream it--DD knows--I do notWoman Frustrated

Yes, am looking forward to the new year--I have been thru the wringer with this divorce mess--am looking for relief/conclusion and that should happen next month. 

Hear we are in for some snow for Xmas---that doesn't happen much --I live NE of Seattle altho there has been more snow in the last few years. but we will see--that is a few days away and will change 10x before Friday.

Happy/Merry!!--🎄

pam

Honored Contributor

good mornng all!!

awfully quiet around here......what's going on?

Just wanted to tell everyone to have a nice , long weekend and however you celebrate---or don't--enjoy yourselves!!!

DD is 39 today!! First really happy birthday in decades --the soon-to-be-ex, never really partook in birthday festivities ever--just ignored them----what a jerk!!! Karma is coming!!!! Like the spirits with Scrooge----

OMgosh---now our weather is turning to the frigid tundra  next week and maybe with snow for Xmas--temps only in the 20's daytime and in the teens at night----going from a 108* in June to 17* in Dec----you can imagine everyone is all aflutter about it. 

Decided to have my DS and SO over Xmas Eve for dinner--we are all vaxxed and I am boosted--think we will be good. He is cooking!!! and I am filling in the  with the sides---DD is off tomorrow too so she will help. gotta wrap a few gifts nd tidy up---and really looking forward to a nice civil holiday with the ones that mean the most to me. 

hope you are all well!!

pam

Respected Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

Well I'm done for 2021. Literally. Saw all of the Dr's I was suppose to see. Stomach virus on Sat from chopped liver. It wasn't pretty. Got my hair done yesterday. The one thing that did help was pepto tablets for the constant nausea and diarrhea. Hmm. 

I unfortunately cannot get out of going to his sisters for Christmas so I will be wearing my N95 mask. I am convinced that people just aren't wearing the proper masks with 5 layers or are not wearing any mask at all. We'll see. I also ordered two home covid tests from amazon. They were 17 bucks for the two. I am not standing on a line for 4 hrs if I need a test. 

For those of you who canceled your plans good for you. I wish I could but I'm living with an idiot. I could be very happy with a Jewish Christmas. That is Chinese food and a movie.

Everyone have a blessed holiday

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN ---well I hope you will do ok with that family---you just can't fix stupid--we all know that----sorry friend!!

Yes I am ok with our big family get together being canceled---better to be safe,  altho am wondering if that is enough with this omi bug on the loose--

Had my DS and his SO over last night for xmas eve dinner--he helped me cook which is really very nice---we had a wonderful baked salmon dinner with shrimp and scallops in a white wine sauce over fresh pasta and other delightful things---we laughed and joked and just enjoyed being together ----without the dark presense of the soon-to -be- ex hanging over everything----was truly a beautiful evening for us all!!! today, DD and I are opening gifts and cooking our fave foods ----, there is a threat of snow happening tonight into tomorrow as well as frigid temps going into next week---in the 20s daytime and teens at night. brrrrr!!

pam

Respected Contributor

So here I sit. Christmas was wondeful because the drunk my brother in law has landed himself in a nursing home forever. It was my husband and I my two nephews and my nephews fiance. Sunday we get a call from sister in law. it seems that my nephew and his fiance went to Christmas Eve dinner and one of the people there got covid. Who was infected. A nurse. Oh bloody joy. Sunday they went for covid testing. Meghan tested positive. Her father and brother tested postive. Impossible to get a test here. So it's been day 4. No fever or symptoms. Ordered a bunch of at home tests that should be arriving today from Walmart. Sister in law got tested on Tues. Results should be in tomorrow. I really had no long standing closeness with her. Plus I put my bacitracin in my nostrils. So we'll see. 

On that note. I hope everyone had a lovely holiday. New Years Eve. Nothing. Not going anywhere except setting up my covid testing center. I would advise everyone to get some home tests to keep in the house when they become available again. 

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN ---oh geez!!! what can you do with these people?? Not an ounce of horse sense -----am very sorry and hope you will be spared. Doesn't it just make you want to scream??? Yes have heard your town is in dire staits--as is the whole dam****n world!!! Not much better here in WA state---Testing is near impossible and now I hear that the home tests are not that great either. So will stay in my bubble.

Holidays this year were very enjoyable---first one in decades that the dark, toxic presence of the "idiot" was nowheres near me and my 2 kids!!! we all laughed and talked and ate and never once even thought about the idiot until my son mentioned something---then we groaned about it and moved on. 

We have been in the deep freeze for days now with snow and ice on the ground. right now it is 27*--was 19* this a.m. Going to get another couple inches overnight into tomorrow morning and then......it's supposed to warm up into the high 30's low 40's. DD has tomorrow off due to the snow. If I had a nice warm winter coat I would be out taking a walk, getting a little stir crazy ---it's coming tomorrow tho---found one at Lands End online---got a great sale on it--hit a flash sale, then 50% off that with free shipping---was a $320 coat for $111---not bad!

Anxious for these holidays to be done---then the final divorce stuff will happen and that will be that!!

Honored Contributor

Hello all, I just wanted to stop by to wish you a Happy New Year.  

New Year Resolution GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

2021 didn't unfold quite like I thought it would.  That said, we're here and we're struggling through it.  Let's hope 2022 is the year that we turn a corner to better and more sane times.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama --happy new year, birdie-----yes, you are right about last year---it was a real drag for me but hopefully, and especially, this month, there  will bring a closure  to my pain in the.....caboose. Woman Happy