Honored Contributor

@JackieHN --congrats on the new baby--Hamish---I like it, but hope he gets called by his middle name---my DD was under a light for a few days too. Nice size for a baby!!

Is this the pup you buy Xmas presents for? She is a big girl!! She is staring at the very loveliness of your presence---and probably the treats you have for her!!!Woman Wink sounds like fun!!

Respected Contributor

From what i understand the nickname for hamish is james. Doggy daycare is closed for today. Tomorrow may be another story. Lola has separation anxiety so for the first 15 minutes or so she cries, then she's OK.She's getting used to being here.  

Hopefully baby boy will be able to go home with his parents tomorrow. I don't know what his bilirubin is. It's going to be a bit difficult with an active 2 year old also in the house. 

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN ----I went home with my new baby to a 3 year old---it was as expected when you have two little kids---chaos and busy, busy,busy---is there something you need to do when baby is jaundiced these days--mine stayed under the lights for the 3 days we were in the hospital--then we went home, no further issues. 

I like "james" too!

Makes me smile that a big, strong pitty whimpers for her momma. Woman Happy 

Well--DD and I did go out and about yesterday --went into town to Target and World Market and then to grocery store---the first time since Oct 12th when I broke my stupid ankle!!!! I did quite well but my back was killing me---so need a back brace I think--these abs are a mess--need some strengthening---will find some chair exercises maybe. Was figuring on being one sore mess this a.m. but not at all. 

Going out to breakfast with my 2 brothers and wives this a.m. A bloody mary sounds wonderful this morningWoman Wink

Respected Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

Bilirubin was still aa little high but they felt it was safe to send him home. I just said in my day we used phototherapy and increased their feedings. The more they popped the lower the bilirubin went. So everyone is home. Ciaran must be so happy. .... She had a C-section so it's going to be a bit more difficult for her. I'm sure her mother will be a big help to her.

Trusted Contributor

@wagirl  Hi Pam.  I'm just reading some of the letters to make sure everyone is ok.

Is Gracie's Mom doing well?  I might have missed it.

I'm so happy your getting out and about again and yes, a big bloody mary will do you a heap of good.  cheers and happy Sunday!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Pink. She'll get back to us.

Well hamish didn't have a great night last night. His parents are going a little crazy. I said it's either he's hungry or he has gas. You honestly think these nurses were going to let him cry all night in the special care unit.

..My guess is they supplemted him with formula even though he's being breast fed.She may not have enough milk yet and he's a big baby. Let's hope tonight is better. If i were her i would do combination feedings. Breast feed during the day and formula at night. This way everyone can get some sleep. 

Honored Contributor

good morning all!!

Well--today, March 28--is my 1 year anniversary of being happily divorced!!! I call it my freedom day!!! DD is buying us  dinner and we will light a candle that looks like a champagne bottle,--it's not huge like a real bottle is, just birthday cake size--- that I have had for many years and found  as I was packing everything to move out in 2021-----wish I had a bottle of the bubbly just to toast this momentous occasion!!! How in the world did I make it thru all that ------------garbage-------there are more descriptive words I could use!!! 

Hope everyone is doing well----

Valued Contributor

Hi Ladies!

Thanks for asking about me Pink. And thanks to everyone who has thought about how I'm doing!

I'm so-so, to be honest. My new meds, Arimidex, gives me painful muscles---along with insomnia (which I already had, but more so now). I go for blood tests on April 11 and will do a telemedicine visit the next day, so will see what my oncologist has to say.

I'm doing a telemedicine visit with the surgeon that did my recent procedure on April 4.

I fell out of bed Sunday morning--never did that before. I went to turn over and slipped over the side onto the carpeted floor.I definitely would've broken something if that carpet wasn't there. Landed in between my dresser and the bed. Joe was up in a flash and tried to get me up---there was hardly any room between me and the dresser and bed! I had to manage to get up myself--braced myself for the pain (hit my knees on the floor) and pushed myself up while holding onto the bed--was finally able to stand. Put cold compresses on my knees right away--swelling wasn't too bad---didn't break anything--knees were sore for a couple of days, but that was it. I got very lucky. It also took this fall to get through to Joe that he takes up most of the bed when he sleeps and I end up hanging onto the edge---now he makes sure I am in the middle of the bed when we go to sleep and he's been staying on his side---we'll see how long that lasts--but I think I put a real scare into him (I scared myself too, but didn't tell him that). I don't sleep well, so have been taking naps during the day, which is unlike me--but I can't keep my eyes open!

Congrats on the birth of Hamish, Jackie! Once he settles in,I'm sure he will do well.

And congrats to Pam on her one year "anniversary!" have a drink for me please!

Hope you're doing OK Pink!

A happy and blessed day to all---and I appreciate the kind thoughts.

Respected Contributor

Yes pam, congrats on your one year anniversary. It was the best thing that happened to you. He's a rat.

Gracies mom I had side effects from femara for a few months and then things settled down. I also changed generic companies. My Dr said it could be the fillers in one brand compared to another I found the femara from CVS more tolerable.

OK this is what i did with the bed situation. I had the same problem. I bought a body pillow from my pillow. Put it in the center of the bed and said this is the divider, Do not cross it. Sleeping situation is better.

Honored Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

@Gracies Mom ---O-M-GOSH!!!! What a horrible way to wake up!! thank goodness you weren't badly hurt!! I often thought about doing the same thing when my ankle was in the boot or the splint and how in the HE%% I would mange to get up by myself---I sleep close to the edge too--have since moved to the center of my bed---

I think jackie took the arimidex---maybe she can give you some pointers. I tried it once and it did not agree with me at all--same sore muscles and joints---if it caused insomnia, I wouldn't know the difference -my sleep is horrendous. Maybe it takes more time to settle in but is something to ask your dr about. 

Yes, I did enjoy a lovely bloody mary at a brunch with my family before my "Freedom Day"  and will gladly heft another one in your honor!!!Woman LOL

I if could nap---that would be heaven for me!! glad to hear from you!!

PAM

P.S.----yep--- I knew jackie would have some answers---Maybe it is the fillers ----lord only knows what in heck they have to add---