Honored Contributor

@embgm --well em--have to say--I gave a big sigh of relief to read your post!! Am glad he is home now . So is he feeling a little better? I know just being home is a huge boost. Can there be any more room on your huge platter of stuff????

PAM

Trusted Contributor

Oh @JackieHN  I can imagine seeing you run around the airports cursing up a storm. lol.  It's like a cattle call today and not pleasant.

I agree with you.  After our Austrian, Germany trip plan on taking a Viking River/Ocean to Greece and Turkey in October.  Yes very pricey but Viking is extraordnary. They take care of everything.  Flights are all business class, great hotels before and after.  They plan it all for you.  Then when we board the ship it will be our lovely hotel room.  No packing and unpacking nonsense.  

And yes, I have my happy pills.Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Hello all!! Hope everyone is doing well--haven't heard from anyone lately------should I be worried???Woman Indifferent

I did it!!! Walked to my chiropractor appointment yesterday----was about a mile round trip and today--am a little sore mostly from the dr, but my ankle doesn't feel half bad!! Was going to take Uber to and from, but it would have been $25 total before the tip. Just can't do that. Was very nice to be out in the real world--didn't walk around much just straight there and back. I go back in a week as my body is jammed up from this stupid ankle----weather was chilly and grey and misty--after a weekend of mid 60's and sunshine---ahhh spring!!! 

Nothing much to report---stripey cat had her teeth cleaned--and more 6 removed----and is on just squishy food until this next weekend---just heard her  trying to scratch open her dry food bag for some more to eat----but not yet stripey!!! Cat Frustrated

Going out with my 2 kids, for dinner Wednesday and then next Tuesday is my 1 year anniversary of freedom from the "idiot"---seems like that year went so fast and getting there, almost 1 1/2 years went so slow-----

PAM

Respected Contributor

Had to decompress from the Fran journey.We buried her on Thurs. Because it was a graveside funeral it too an hour. No chairs or benches. jackie couldn't stand for more than 1/2 hr. I was getting muscle spasms in my back. So i had to sit on an elevated foot stone. Tacky. Left a rock on the stone as we do and apologized. Well at least someone visited him. Anyway it was a beautiful funeral. 

I'm really doing OK. I won't lie. It was a lot of work taking care of her. Now the vultures can circle with her will and stuff.

Pam the only way I could walk a mile is with a back brace belt on and motrin in my gut. Good for you.

DIL is having her c section today. Baby boy#2 will be born tonight our time. 

Pink I was a maniac. To folks from Brooklyn I probably sounded normal. Your trip sounds wonderful. 

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN ---can't blame you for being relieved----taking care of someone is hard work at best--- but especially when they seem not to be appreciative or are cantankerous and nasty! That was my mom too--my youngest brother and wife took care of her the last few years of her life----and they were burned out in spades when she died. My mom was in her early 80's tho---can't imagine if she would have made it to 103!!! but nice that her send off was so nice!! No I don't think I could have stood there for so long either--not yet at least---but walking is ok --- the back brace sounds like a good idea----and yes,had 3 tylenol in my belly too.

and how did DIL do with new baby #2? 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

Hey @wagirl  Pam.  I'm glad to hear you walked about a mile instead of taking an Uber.  Your definitely on the mend thank goodness.  I use uber qute a bit.  I still have a few Doctor's in Miami but after being rear ended twice I got agita from driving on the highways.  I've always enjoyed sports cars which are lower to the ground.  Then these big trucks think they are so funny and always  came racing right on the butt of my car.  It just gives me panic attacks.  So when I go to North Dade County I use uber. Its about 80 miles but I enjoy my dentists, etc. I eventually have to find Doctor's up here. Will find hematologist as soon as Im back from Europe.

I'm very freaked that my General Practioner of many years is retiring.  He cannot be replaced.  That's now in my head.....ayayayaya.  I think I have at least one year but I better get going on a search.

I just got over a 3 week cold.  Yesterday I woke up and was coughing all day.  I said not again?!?!  My voice is hoarse from all the coughing.  I do have Barrett's esophogous and it's easily irritated. I  have 4 weeks before Europe trip. I hardly talked today.   OMG.

Oh @JackieHN   I hear you.  Well I have read here for some time and you did take good care of Fran. Good luck will come upon you in some way. Karma.

He's going to Spain for some business and see his daughter who lives there in July.  We have put off the Greece-Turkey trip until March 2024.  It's fine with me.  I just want to make the Austria-Germany trip please. lol.

Honored Contributor

@Pink123 ---Wow---that is one long Uber ride!!! And I was kavetching about $25!! :womanembarrassed. I got to where I hated driving anywhere---had a beater car that wasn't reliable and driving on the freeways always freaked me out--well---it's the  other drivers that freaked me out,----gave up my car when I split with the ex. Just can't see paying for all that is involved with cars---

I had to find another GP too--not real happy with the one I have but she is fine. I go see her in a couple weeks.

Sounds like you will have more time to recover before your trip----

Yes, my walk was just fine--thought my ankle would be screaming at me more, but it was pretty good. Just need to walk more. I do Uber to my various drs appt tho---but they are about 15-20 minutes away from me.  DD and I were putting in over 5 miles every weekend before I broke my ankle--now have to get back into shape to do all that walking again. Stupid ankle!!!!

Valued Contributor

We saw a PA who gave us an anatomy lesson on the heart. Next the surgeon came in and spent a long time with us discussing his condition and giving us his recommendation. Surgery at this point ... the risks outweigh the benefits. Another surgeon came in to discuss the MitraClip procedure which has certain eligibility requirements. Hubby is not eligible for that procedure right now. So he will be medically managed with medications and lifestyle changes with the hope his condition can be improved and he will become eligible for the MitraClip procedure. He is home and is feeling pretty good, although he is very tired. Em

Honored Contributor

@embgm --Hi em!! Have been thinking about you--and the family! Glad hubby is looking/feeling/doing better.  And how is tiny Thea and family?

Just call you Elmer--you are the glue!!  

Respected Contributor

Em, everything sounds very promising. Your hubby has been through a lot both physically and emotionall. I would look into a cardiac physical therapist where he can go slow in his exercising and be monitored. 

I became a grandmother again. Hamish Douglas is his name. You heard me right, Hamish. I have nothing to say. He's 8 lbs 4 oz. He's also spending time under the lights. Bilirubin was high. yes they are a wreck.

Jackie has gone from a 103 year old old to babysitting a 70 lb pitty named Lola. She's my Godpuppy. I spoil her rotten. Her mother is having painting done in her apt across the hall. I do not understand dog talk, She just sits and stares at me. I need a translator .