Honored Contributor

@Pink123 ----Hi Pink!!! glad you found meWoman Happy--yes I hang out in this board. Yes the ankle is healed--bones mended, just need to get the motion/movement  back--still walking with a limp and still doing p/t. Haven't put my foot into a regular shoe yet--still a little puffy.

We all know what you were going thru--the waiting is what drives me batty--I was able to keep my fears at bay, with all the tests/scans I went thru for breast cancer--didn't freak out much--just wanted to know what I was dealing with--very happy your results were what they were---and your ankle is better---I aspire to a normal ankle---one dayWoman Wink

Trusted Contributor

Hi @wagirl - I'm happy t hear your on the mend now with your ankle as well.  I still get swollen at night sometimes and I think that will take awhile to go down.  Funny, I was just making the bed, moved my ankle in a strange direction and it hurt like heck!  LOL.

Yes the waiting part is sheer misery with all these tests.  I think I have developed an ulcer in my stomach now with all that worry last week. Am very nauseous. OMG.   I hope one day they speed up the whole process.  They must realize what we all go through mentally.  

I wish you, @Gracies Mom  and all here a great day and some results for everyone too.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Hi Ladies!

So happy for you Pink--WOOHOO and YAY!!! Do your best to heal from the mental stress and take care of ourself!!

I had my needle biopsy yesterday. It went well. The staff that took care of me were wonderful--compassionate, efficient and caring nurses and aides--the interventional radiologist had such a funny personality--just speaking to her made me relax and trust her. Luckily, I was their first patient of the day, so I was done before lunch time--and we were on the road home. It started to snow just as we got home--good timing! The radiologist told me she was able to get a good sample of the mass by putting the needle into my abdomen at an angle--one snip and she was done (and yes, I felt it, but only for a second). The sedative that was used was terrific--I can deal with one second of pain without a problem. Just took the bandage off and the site looks fine--just itchy.

Now my waiting begins...the worst part. Thankfully only one small lesion was seen, so if it is something, it was caught early--but am hoping it is nothing.

Thanks to everyone for their prayers and best wishes!!! Will keep everyone in the loop.

More big hugs....

Gracies/Remys Mom

Trusted Contributor

@Gracies Mom  Thank God it's over.  God bless, hopefully all will be well.  I feel your pain. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Gracies Mom --well hip hip hurray!! A not so awful procedure!!! And its over now----getting the thing done is half the battle sometime.  I find the people that actually do the scans and tests are all pretty good at their jobs and dealing with their patients--its just the non- medical ones that you want to wring their necks!! And we will wait with you!! Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

I was there in spirit. I knew you would do well with the procedure. 

Pam don'[t go nuts. You always end up in trouble.

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN --had to laugh at your commentWoman Very Happy---thats is what both my DD and p/t guy said too!! But I HAVE to get started walking on this foot---and I can't poof those dang stairs away. I was very careful and slow and deliberate about navigating the terraine. Took my cell phone, put on my soft support thing I have for my ankle and had my good sturdy shoes on and it was fine. Am not going to walk 5 miles for awhile !!! But I am sore---also, my little jaunt was very good for my brain!!

Honored Contributor

A gold star day yesterdaySmiley Happy-----took my wheelchair and knee scooter back to the medical rental place!!!  Never used the scooter--was too hard to turn in my small apt,  did use the wheelchair all the time--but have not used the it in a few weeks as I am up and walking ---so got my brother to load them up and he and his wife and myself, took it all back and then went out for Mexican food !! Was so nice to get out into the real world--I think that outing was #9 since I broke my ankle in Oct. The food was delicious and the company even better. There is so much more room in my tiny place now!!Smiley LOL Foot did ok but is sore this morning---so will baby it today----Did my brain alot of good too!!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Cancer survivors

[ Edited ]

Hey @wagirl - glad your returned the necessary C*** and that your out and about. LOL.

I was stupid and purchased the knee scooter on Amazon instead of renting it.  When I didn't need it anymore I started using it downstairs speeding and playing with it as if it was a skateboard.  We finally put it in the garage,

my BF has grandchildren and they will play on it soon.  A little too young yet for it but curious, ha.

Oh, I'm real careful on the staircase here.  I think I will always hold on with my hand as that's how it happened for me as I told you but at his daughters house.

Hope @Gracies Mom  your ok too.

God bless all.

Respected Contributor

Well they got their pound of flesh from me today. Had my MRI. No results yet. I'm a mess. This aged me 10 years like it always does. The tech was wonderful. Only problem was that I have a post nasal drip and cough. She said don't cough. Oh easy for you to say. I made it through. The scan was only 25 minutes.