Honored Contributor

Hi jackie--- well....... my leg is still attached , a good sign as I haven't yet gnawed it off Woman Tongue It's been one month since my surgery. Still in the wheelchair as I am not to put any weight on it yet. Going to see the dr the last Monday of this month for another check up and the ok to start p/t. I take the monster boot off a few times a day to air it out and do my exercises. Still is stiff and puffy and bruised and the row of steri strips are falling off--think I will take them all off so I can scrub the gross stuff off of the incision and treat it my way---

teeth Woman Sad--are you done with them or only just the start---

Respected Contributor

Pam as long as everything is healed under the steri strips and there is no drainage I would rip them off or just call the Dr and tell him of your intentions, 

These teeth are never ending. I suffered significant bone loss on top after chemo and femara. However there is one more questionable tooth and I am through. My oral surgeon said the bone loss is very common with people who have had chemo. 

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN ---My teeth were affected from chemo too-- mostly I have tiny cavities every time I go in for my 6 months check up---need to go in for another check up but can't get there yet---same with my eyes too--and yearly checkup---was hoping to get this all done before the new year---

Steri strips are hanging on by threads now--and there is no drainage --but the incision needs some TLC--got a few things coming from AMZ today--neosporin ointment, some large wound  pads and big band aids. so i will work on it later--- but good news is that the incision is not black like a few weeks ago--dr threatened de-briding if it stayed that way--now just new pink skin-- 

Respected Contributor

Pam as long as the incision has healed there is no reason for the steri strips. If it;s still open that'[s another story. This all takes awhile to heal. Just keep it clean, the antibiotic ointment and sterile dressing is a good idea. My steri strips got mucky after my breast surgery after a few days. I removed them and replaced them. Always good to have them in the house.

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN --oh yes, the incision is closed and scabs  on some of it--It looks pretty good--just crusty from being covered. Once I got the splint off and into the boot, dr said I could get it wet when I showered --just don't scrub it and then pat it dry--that was Oct 31 so the strips have been getting loose and gross.

I go see dr again next Monday--hopefully to get the ok for pt. Found a therapist to come to my apt that medicare will cover. 

Respected Contributor

Pam after all of this you will have earned a degree in wound care. Your doing everything right. 

So what did everyone do for Thanksgiving??

We went to the Irish pub. Lovely dinner, They cook and clean up. Works for me. Got two meals out of the dinner. 

Root canal is done. I get a reprieve of a week before I have to go back. 

Honored Contributor

@JackieHN ---Yes, I am good at tending wounds-----I go see my dr on Monday for a check up--and will get told if it's time to start p/t and if I can put some weight on this leg/foot---don't think I am ready tho--but who knows. 

DD and I stayed home and cooked dinner for T-day. My brother and his wife, got covid again and so that's what they did and are still doing--he relapsed soon after his wife got sick. He just tested negative a few days ago---he was supposed to cook dinner for a bunch of the family, but that didn't happen. They got pretty sick this time----

but I had enough time to plan/buy dinner stuff and it was pretty good. In fact I just finished the leftovers for lunch today. Have a couple turkey thighs left for sammies too.

Honored Contributor

good morning all---

Hurray!!!!! I went to my dr appt yesterday and can now bear some  weight on my bad foot--with crutches and the monster boot on--and don't need it in bed at night anymore!!! the bone in the front --the tibia?-- is healed and the other one in the back--???---is healing nicely. Can start p/t now. but I now have another case of celluitis in my left ( cancer side) arm that I have anit-b's for--not surprising as alot of pressure and weight has been forced on it just to get me around--then I think I must have tweaked  that wrist as it really hurts too--its wrapped in an ace bandage. I go back in 6 weeks to see the dr. My p/t starts Dec 8th in my apt. Was so nice to get outside--my SIL and her sis took me to my appt and then we went out to lunch--my treat--it was cold but clear and the air smelled so good--- was fun !! I was outside and month ago---hate being cooped up. today there is a few inches of snow in the forecast----and then rain coming tomorrow--a very short  winter storm----

PAM

Honored Contributor

Hello all!

hope you are doing well!

Hey em--how is baby Thea doing? Are you able to get in some quality gramma time with her? hope hubby is well-ish and how about your Mom?

Jackie--what's up with the teeth saga?

lannie--how are you doing?

I am up and moving around these days--using a walker and crutches, as I got the OK to start bearing some weight on this ankle---but still using the wheelchair too--dang my back/hips are shot and need my chiro to do some serious tweaking---but can do more normal things like laundry and cooking and showering without too much pain and agony--altho all those take more time- even taking care of stripey cats needs too--litter box and cage cleaning--she is looking as sleek and sassy due to her meds---I know she feels better too but she is always plopping herself down right in my way tho, so have been getting her figure out what the word MOVE means---geez----cats!!!!Woman Frustrated I start p/t on Thursday---have someone coming to my place for that---

My brother is going to--try-- to host Xmas Eve dinner this year--not going to count on it--he tried for Thanksgiving but cancelled due to him and the wife getting covid----and there should be new baby in the family too-- his son, my nephew, and wife are having a little girl soon by c-section---not sure they will be there--man alive--I would not be bringing a new baby anywhere with all the awful things happening to kids----so I will plan on dinner at home but have things ready to take.

Our weather has been--horrible---a full week of snow, ice and very cold---where I live, there wasn't much on the ground, but almost everyday there are flurries---I am cooped up so it doesn't affect me--

I have my shopping done--well really it was done way before my stupid ankle adventure--got gifts sent to my 2 brothers, got my DD stuff all done--she will turn 40 on the 23rd--so been having

fun making sure this is an important b-day to remember--all her gifts are shades of pink--her fave color---and got cash for my DS and his SO---

So there you go---

PAM

Valued Contributor

Hello ladies! I have been busy with mom as she fainted last week. Turned out her thyroid levels were18.5 and they should be around 5. Her meds were adjusted and she's starting to feel better. She was confused and dizzy, but she also had a sinus infection and was taking meds for that too. 

Thea is 2months old and weighs a little under 6 pounds. She sleeps most of the time. We all get very excited if she stays awake for a bit while I am there. Her eyes are examined weekly to monitor the blood vessels growth behind her retinas. She will be evaluated by the Early Intervention team soon so they can determine her needs. 

They of course stayed home for Thanksgiving and will do the same for Christmas. My son sent me a pix of his first roasted Turkey! It looked delicious.  Doc said no daycare for Thea until next summer. DIL will be off work another 3 months and then will see if she can work from home.

Husband will see a specialized urologist that does a specific robotic utilized surgery in January for a consultation. My 6 year old granddaughter has had the flu since Monday so it's hitting the schools now. And last but not least I am hanging in there trying take care of husband and mom, trying to get the house decorated,presents wrapped and food purchased! I did attend a wonderful Christmas play at church last night.  Stay well everyone!